Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Three games, three titles taken away from ManU. Wow! Congratulations!

Well, I guess this answered the question of how long it would take you to really contest the title.

Also, I think you just won the Champion's League as a first time contestant. Has that ever been done?

Where to go from here? I mean, how do you top this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

What is the goal for this LP?
Much like George Reynolds I have a three step plan.

1. Promotion to the premier league
2. Build a new stadium
3. Win the champions league.

Once those goals are complete, we'll figure out what to do with this thing.

Huh, so.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Time to win Wales the World Cup :unsmigghh:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
please, Gibraltar.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
It's clearly time to drop nineteen other players into the PL and see if you can hold the title

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
That dirty time travelling Russian got away with not once, but three times.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I mean, this is it for Darlington, right? They've done something that has only happened once before in football history. What can you even do now?

Become the manager of Wales and win the World Cup?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Obliterati posted:

It's clearly time to drop nineteen other players into the PL and see if you can hold the title

MP LP
MP LP
MP LP

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

sebzilla posted:

drat, the hits don't stop coming for Manchester United.

What now? Keep going until you win the septuple?
I'll probably do a few victory lap seasons and maybe some international stuff, next update will be a prologue+ looking around at how mad the world is.

karmicknight posted:

please, Gibraltar.

as stated previously, only ever going to do the gibraltar challenge if I get a big bag of money or a small bag of money on a regular basis.

Rarity posted:

Time to win Wales the World Cup :unsmigghh:

CannonFodder posted:

Become the manager of Wales and win the World Cup?

*shrug sure.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh and I guess this means.

:toxx: fulfilled.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Now we just need Maki Itoh to follow in Darlington's footsteps :pray:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flags Fly Forever

suck it ManU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

if there's anything you want me to have a look at in the database, now would be a good time to ask, be it players, leagues, records ect.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Have Forest Green Rovers got three stars on their shirt yet (embarrassingly planned for getting promoted to the Championship?)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Swedish League winners?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
CF Montreal (Impact) placement history in the bad league.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Ottawa Athletico as well

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
what the hell is happening in ireland

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How many IRL footballers are still around

and whats happening in MLS

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 9, 2022

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

any elite players from smaller nations? like a world class player from syria or something

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder how Ged, Char and Biggie did in their careers after they left.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

sebzilla posted:

Have Forest Green Rovers got three stars on their shirt yet (embarrassingly planned for getting promoted to the Championship?)

Wait is this for real? I just got them promoted in my single player save!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sebzilla posted:

No they are sadly still in league 1 plugging away.

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder how Ged, Char and Biggie did in their careers after they left.

Ged retired after being released and not finding a club for a year (rip) Charman didn't pull up any trees at Accrington and after a poor spell at doncaster packed it in at 27.

Bigger seems to be a regular in QPR's team this season, so I imagine he will live on.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

any elite players from smaller nations? like a world class player from syria or something

There's some very good ones.

This guy I was tracking for years while he was at PSV but he went to PSG the one season I was probably high enough reputation to get him.

Sarr here is a top top class player from mighty Maurtiania.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How many IRL footballers are still around

and whats happening in MLS

There's a decent number of real players, although almost all of them are atleast 28-29 by now.

MLS seems to be typical MLS

Very chaotic, nobody really nailing things down.

John McClane posted:

what the hell is happening in ireland

Bohemians have went mental.

and the irish national team appears to be mostly real players, which can't be a good sign.

Affi posted:

Swedish League winners?

Not loaded but seems pretty decent

National team is ranked 30th and has some decent players.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ottawa Athletico as well

They came 3rd in the most recent canadian premier league season (rip)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Any Tycoon takeovers causing madness in a big 5 league?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
man, the New England Revolution just cannot catch a break

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Wait is this for real? I just got them promoted in my single player save!

Yep, currently have one filled star and two hollow ones after getting promoted from the National League in to League Two. Second one looks certain to be filled this year.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/supporters-are-cringing-about-the-stars-on-forest-green-rovers-new-kit-192894

It's been a divisive idea, at best!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Any Tycoon takeovers causing madness in a big 5 league?

Only mad league win I can see is Hertha winning a league title in the bundesliga and staying in top 3 contention ever since but it dosen't look like they had a tycoon.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Epilogue

"Tukhachevsky, you have successfully altered the timeline and done the impossible and by bringing Darlington back from it's death you have successfully prevented your own, it's time to return home."

"Finally, I can return and become the hero of the soviet union I was born to be, Perun will be so pleased"

"Wait a minute... Gibraltar dam? Bukharin is in charge of the soviet union?"

The world as we know it is long dead, not even the ashes will be the same.

The Great Patriotic War against the fascist invader cost the Soviet people everything, and then some. The Nazis employed unimaginable cruelty in a crusade against Soviet civilization itself, to the extent where no single man or woman couldn't name someone close to them who had been cruelly torn away from them by the hands of the Hitlerites.

In the muddled anarchy after the total collapse of the central government authority, the remnants of the Red Army in the west reorganised in the city of Kuybyshev under the leadership of Grand Marshal Kilment Voroshilov.

Across the former territory of the Soviet Union, loyal Red Army units flocked to his banner including the Sixth and Ninth armies under Marshals Mikhail Tukhachevsky and Georgy Zhukov, respectively. With these powerful mechanised forces, and an alliance with prominent political figures such as Mikhail Suslov, the newly formed West Russian Revolutionary Front was able to exert authority over all of the shattered remnants of the Union which remained west of the Urals.

In the late 1950's, With the Reich paralysed by the deadliest economic crash in history, and with the Red Army only becoming more eager to avenge their defeat, Grand Marshal Voroshilov decided that the time had come to launch Operation Suvorov; The liberation of all Soviet lands currently occupied by German forces.

The Red Army's advance was swift and brutal Voroshilovgrad was liberated on day 28 of the operation, prompting an attempted coup by the SS under Heinrich Himmler. Spurred by the infighting within the enemy ranks Red Army troops reached the outskirts of Leningrad and Moscow by day 40.

Riding high on this wave of success, few noticed the cracks that had formed within the Front's political structure over the years. The exact cause of this disintegration of the front during the West Russian War is unknown with theories ranging from an attempted coup by Suslov to the breakdown of the critically overextended command structure. Facing threats to the security of the military leadership in the face of a renewed German offensive. Employing collaborationist forces of the Russian Liberation Army and Vladimir Romanov, the goverment was relocated to the city of Skytyvkar. Following the political turmoil and the string of defeats at the hands of the enemy, The Republic of Komi seceded from the Front, and the subsequent string of defections and secessions marked the end of the West Russian War and the death of the West Russian Revolutionary Front.

Or so the Germans thought. The Front lives on clinging to life among the permafrost tundra around the embattled city of Arkhangelsk, with its generals bitterly divided after the catastrophic failure of Operation Suvorov. To the south sit the miltary districts of Plesetsk and Ukhta, ostebsibly loyal vassals trusted with the management of the Front's anti aircraft defences against the German Terror Bombings and upkeep of the oilfields respectively. However these domains serve a very different purpose, to keep Tukhachevsky and Zhukov, and all factional politics that follow them, far far away from the leadership in Archangelsk.

Tukhachevsky and Zhukov are widely considered to be the two potential successors in the event of Voroshilov's untimely death.

Tukhachevsky is a talented, if somewhat eccentric officer who believes the role of the Red Army as the primary driver of political change. A former noble who turned againist the conformity of his class to join the Bolsheviks in the Civil War, Tukhachevsky has gained support from a number of elements within the front, who wish to avoid the mistakes made by Bukharin, and the return of the USSR to it's former military glories and beyond with every cog inside it's machine turning towards one singular goal, every soldier marching towards the final victory.

Zhukov is a talented, popular commander who received his fame and admiration amongst his men from the Civil War to Operation Suvorov, leading the liberation of Voroshilovgrad together with Marshal Momyshuly. While Zhukov is fiercely loyal to the communist cause, his clique has attracted some attention from some reform minded figures such as Alexander Yakovlev and Nikolay Rzyhkov, along with many of the hardliners unaffected with Tukacvhesky's faction such as Sergey Arkhromayev.

Now, in 1962, the front's situation is a precarious one, Beyond the territories controlled by Arkhangelsk lie statelets run by illegitimate secessions, collaborators, Tsarists and other contenders. Only time will tell if the Front will regain its position as the defender of Western Russia and potentially, reunite the Motherland to avenge those who fell and deliver justice upon Germany.
-TNO WRRF intro.

Hello everyone and welcome to your football manager 2021 epilogue, sadly timelines are a pesky thing and now we have to live with the consequences of winning the premier league with Darlington. This next section will be Hearts of Iron 4, modded with The New Order.

Hearts of iron 4 is more of a wargame than anything else but TNO turns it into a visual novel with war elements, I'll probably get through the whole thing in one or two updates, it's not that long.

We'll be playing Tukachevsky's path for The West Russian Revolutionary Front and if you do not want to be spoiled on TNO I would suggest turning back now.

Here's our starting situation, Voroshilov is large and in charge still.

You see those 3 icons under the national focus? Well, here they are in order.

The germans now use Russia as a testing place for their new bombers pilots as a way to force them into submission after the West Russian War, limiting our options severely.

Everyone who has lived in the WRRF has lived through almost an entire lifetime of war, it does teach you some things I'm told.

An army lives on it's stomach and we've been an army for far, far too long.

These are our first few national focuses, they'll be driving the story forward as we begin, so we start with Enduring.

There is a light that never goes out and that is the light of hope (and maybe communism)

it'll take 25 days to complete that so before I begin I just want to show off a few more things as we start.

Almost every "leader" in this game will have a description like this and as they become relevent I'll show them off.

Here's our starting leader, Voroshilov.

His time is coming to an end and the future is always scary, especially in times like these.

On we must go though, as we march into the light.

Occasionally we'll see World News like this that isn't entirely relevant to us but is important, the rest of the world is in a state too, the nazi's did win afterall.

Speaking of...

The cunts just landed on the moon, no where is safe from the menace.

Our 25 days is about to be up, so we'll be recieving an update on our situation soo-

Well, they say nothing good gets printed anymore.

That's some good news.

Hope springs anew, the screenshot I just showed will be how most of the story is presented.

We've just begun our first few steps into a brave new world.

Next we'll be doing The Failures of Barbarossa and The Failures of Suvorov, from our tree you saw earlier.

I'll keep you updated with the news I find relevant but just know time is passing.

This is the second way the story is told, through these little side stories from the average people in the nation you're in.

That first map I showed you? Basically everything with a name has a story but we'll stay focused on the WRRF.

We get our first dispatch from our beloved Tukhachevsky

:smith:

Tukhachevsky receives his reply, here's hoping he doesn't decide to do the military equivalent of playing a libero.

Atleast thing can only get better.

Oh...

Nevermind.

TNO has many branching paths and decisions to make, this one is big but I'm afraid anyone that knows me knows I can't resist.

We've got a long way to go but with the Red Napoleon leading us, how could we fail?

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 10, 2022

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
okay but where's Ged

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

John McClane posted:

okay but where's Ged

Ged's dead baby, ged's dead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But somehow Bigger's in charge of the Iberian Union

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

But somehow Bigger's in charge of the Iberian Union

I can only hope this LP inspires the Maki Itoh in TNO submod.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I can only hope this LP inspires the Maki Itoh in TNO submod.

Who do you think is Empress of Japan?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Rarity posted:

Who do you think is Empress of Japan?

:hmmyes:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

After getting Darlington that far reuniting the soviet union will be a breeze.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
jesus christ.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
I'm loving this plot twist, great mod!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

We're back with TNO as the WRRF.

Last time, we decided Tukhachevsky would replace Voroshilov in the event of his death and this tree will be building up his influence before he takes power.

And so the WRRF begins infrastructure week.

So true Tukhachevsky, so true.

As with anything in TNO, there is a minigame, we'll be struggling with the zhukovist elements of the WRRF for position and power, along with the bonuses we get in our tree we'll have options to spend our political power on.

TNO does this alot, there is a balance to be had between influence and factionalism that we'll have to manage too.

Zhukov himself will be making moves and we'll have to counter them.

I'll mostly be doing these two options, since they slightly increase influence and lower/don't increase factionalism.

We'll come back to this later.

As we progress down our tree we see the great work our comrade Tukhachevsky is doing

Things continue as you'd expect, poorly.

We're doing well in terms of the power struggle, nothing is spiralling out of control.

Is there anything Mikhail Tukhachevsky can't do? (besides have a decent goal difference)

We're getting decently far down our tree but this particular focus demands deeper inspection.

It wouldn't be true communism unless there was infighting, would it?

We're almost at the end of this part of the tree.

We've finished the left sided tree so now it's time for some internal management.

What's better than this, just guys being dudes?

The food situation in the WRRF is serious, as we saw from that national modifier earlier.

Yeah, pretty rough.

The food insecurity is even worse than expected

I'm also thinking about them beans.

The power struggle is still under control for now.

Some pragmitism leads to some hope

In the wastes of post collapse Russia, there are plenty of devil's to make deals with.

The light is there, we've found it.

We head into the dawn in the last part of our current focus tree.

Rip bozo, we smoking that hitler pack.

Time to poke our heads above the ground and seize hope.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Go 4-4-2 gegenpress imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Our forward line needs to be better at shooting