Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

builds character posted:

First, thanks everyone for the sanity check. I might do 3/4 with 5mm so it looks pretty and I can sandwich some sound deadening. Step one is putting up the wall so I can move the bikes in so I'll have time to think about it.

I like the idea a lot but hello project creep as I'd also need something to cover it up so folks passing by don't see the bikes in the back. I also saw someone who put a plexiglass moonroof on their t1n that looks awesome.
Cool thread! I like these "roadside" projects.

Do not watch Soup Classic motoring and what he did to his Mercedes van or project creep will really set in!

What are you planning for securing everything down?

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

meltie posted:

I was shouting at the Soup van last night! two-piece rain scuttle sandwich known for rusting out... epoxy paint as prep... but grind off patches down to bare metal as lands for spot-welds... they're gonna scab out by next winter! Use weld-thru primer here! That's what it's for!!!!

That's funny, I had the exact same reaction! Shame about all that work if (when) they rust again. I like the window pane idea though. Good way to get some light in without having people peak inside.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Man it would be nice to have dirt cheap gas prices like that. Here in Sweden it's double.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

builds character posted:

We got up to ~$7.50/gallon at one point in the city (although you can find Swedish prices if you go somewhere like here where I assure you the price on the internet is very wrong. But generally, yeah. Not clear this whole thing would work in Sweden where as I understand it you also don’t really have the same ability to drive for three hours and find a place to ride dirt bikes.

Kinda depends on where you live in Sweden. In the north you drive for hours to do anything. But yeah we have more alternatives to driving (thankfully). I think the average Swede drives about 9-10k (miles) a year. Truth it, you get used to the prices as there isn't much you can do.