Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Wrenching by the curb sucks, mostly because once you start it feels like there's a timer to get it done but your list seems reasonable for that.

God speed and keep us posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Oh my god the washer as a tracer is brilliant. How have I never heard of or thought of that.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I've gotta respect the level of full send for curbside work.

At least each attack on the dash should get easier with experience.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Every time I look at a car and say "ah I know exactly what to do" it's because I've aggressively done it wrong multiple times before.

Last ac I fixed (I'm not an ac guy) was my accord and tapping the Schrader valve it hissed. So it's a honda and they have relay problems. I tore into the wiring.

Swap the relay? Nope
Test the relay pin for continuity to the compressor. OK
12v? OK
Ground? OK
12v from the ac switch? Missing

Much digging later...

Pressure switch? No continuity......

No pressure?

One can of 134 later, ac slaps. All done in the driveway, in the sun, during the cicada apocalypse.

:negative:

sharkytm posted:

And squeakier!

God's honest truth right there.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Hell yeah, very nice. I always know I'm about to get mad at cars when I mutter "how clever"

And +1 on ppe. There's people who wear it and people who haven't found out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Polishing headlights is so satisfying. Looks great!