Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think these might not be so much 'new era' Chozo so much as 'old era' Chozo. Chozo who didn't get with the program about becoming enlightened mystical ascetics, and are in possession of the full technology that the Chozo empire had at its height. Which is moderately terrifying.
All the stuff still works because they've been maintaining it instead of letting it crumble into aesthetically-pleasing ruins. And that powersuit-factory you went through might even have been reactivated recently.

Do Chozo build stasis pods? Might the Big Bird we ran into at the beginning be someone who got frozen during an era when the Chozo were imperialistic conquerers, and has recently woken up and decided to start poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I think every boss cutscene focuses on the weak point, though some can be difficult to recognize (like the first boss when it zooms in on the gap under him).

Wasn't that the boss where you had to repeatedly slide under it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why does obtaining a DNA sample from Samus involve firing a massive spike through her torso? Couldn't he have just hired someone to steal her coffee cup? Or paid off her hairdresser?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay yeah this timeline makes sense. Wiping out the Thoha after they've sealed the Metroids under the stasis gel would definitely be the best way to do it and not get Metroids to the face.

The impression I got was that he didn't decide to massacre the Thoha until they announced that they were going to kill all the metroids (presumably by blowing up the planet), so that would be after they were contained.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But are they AI or did Raven Beak trap the minds of his warriors in a horrible cybernetic half-life so tgey could battle the X without infection?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Epicmissingno posted:

Probably AIs; if they're brains stuffed in robot bodies the X could get inside. Remember BOX from Fusion?

Yes but they could be digitised minds.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Omobono posted:

He probably has an overengineered custom one, three times faster than your average Mobile Chozo Suit.

Someone put the "no Zaku!" audio over Samus's original fight with Beak.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think "all of the soldiers became infected" might be what Raven Beak tells other people. Actually, he ordered a bunch of them to kill themselves before they could become infected.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Spreading snacks across the planet just makes things easier for Samus doesn't it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can't vaporise X. Only snacking on them stops them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

My (extremely limited) understanding was that the reason you can't shoot parasite-form X is that they just choose not to interact with your bullet. They have to take physical form to do anything, and you can shoot that, but doing so just forces them back into parasite form where they are once more invulnerable.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nebrilos posted:

On the other hand, this isn't really that hard to do. It seems to happen to Samus a lot.

I'm not sure if it's intrinsic to Chozo technology, or whether it's her jury-rigged heavily-modified suit that keeps experiencing warranty-failure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Also apparently even X cannot survive magma, which might be a bit of a reveal on how Raven Beak contained the outbreak, He might have flooded parts of the complex to drive the X into Elun

It is conveniently built for doing that isn't it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So what you're saying is that Raven Beak is actually a dwarf.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

He wanted her, the ultimate Metroid

The super metroid?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

He can always clone some more birbs to be his terrified and obedient subjects in the Empire of the Beak.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

He makes it pretty clear that the only reason he wants Samus around is to be an obedient tool for his use. He's absolutely the kind of arrogant shitlord who has no need for love/family/companionship - just power.

Power doesn't exist without someone to have power over.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Omobono posted:

By the way, can I appreciate Cutscene Samus again?

Natural20: "Go to hell Raven Beak"
Cutscene Samus: *points and shoots her arm cannon at the Adam disguise like she and Nat rehearsed the timing*

Samus's main method of interacting with the world is via arm-cannon, and Cutscene Samus is 100% aware of this.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Raven Beak posted:

What if Metroid, but too much

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 4, 2021

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bremen posted:

And since I know it was a topic of discussion earlier, we now have proof that yeah, Raven Beak's giant gun can indeed vaporize X, which is probably how he was able to stop their rampage.

It turns out that Samus's chozo powersuit was the baby version for Thoha nerds, and the Mawkin tribe kept the real good stuff for themselves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

Oh shi--

Even if Raven Beak wasn't already on the Itorash, he'd only count for one ship. Samus had her own ship to escape the planet with. Quiet Robe-X hitched a ride with Samus and immediately got absorbed.

It's entirely possible two random planets are about to get X'd.

And then Samus will blow them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Samus really really really wanted to claw Raven Beak's head off and at this point her genetic code is more of an unidentifiable gumbo. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she spontaneously evolved longer arms to claw him with.