Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
One of the first things said about Phantom Cloak was that it muffled your sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also think he misunderstood how Phantom Cloak Works.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Nat forgot you can duck as Samus. Makes killing those guys that shoot at angles super easy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zurai posted:

One of these days Nat will remember that you can shoot missiles at things other than enemies.

Like the game said at the start.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh overthinking a speed booster puzzle.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Back at in Samus Returns the ending Chozo memories that were adapted here. When they created the Metroids they initially preformed perfectly, however when they started metamorphosing into the other Metroid forms the Thoha could no longer control them, which seems to be when they called the Mawkin in to help.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't think they could wedgie the scholars because the scholars can control Metroids. That kind of would make it difficult for the warrior tribes to exert any power over the scholar tribes that can just say "Go get 'em boys."

Once all the Metroids were extinct, though, Raven Beak only needed one alive for Samus.

Well no the Samus plan did not come around until after Fusion. And he appeared to have wiped out the Thoha probably prior to Metroid 1. And he only did it after they were telling him the plan to wipe out the Metroids. And he kept one alive.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 7, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Lone Badger posted:

The impression I got was that he didn't decide to massacre the Thoha until they announced that they were going to kill all the metroids (presumably by blowing up the planet), so that would be after they were contained.

This is literally what Quiet Robe said. After they lost control of the Metroids the Thoha asked the Mawkin to help them, and they sealed the Metroids away. The Thoha then told Raven Beak and the Mawkin about the plan now to destroy the planet which would end the threats of the Metroids and X. Raven Beak killed the Thoha instead of going along with that, sparing Quiet Robe cause he needed one Thoha for his Metroid Bioweapon plans. Then he and the Mawkin went back to ZDR with Quiet Robe to prepare for capturing the Metroids, but one of the Mawkin was an X who infected the rest of the Warriors and put Raven Beak’s plan on hold until he dealt with that somehow. (Probably the robot Warriors as mentioned)

Then around this time some Federation guys stumbled on the planet, found a Metroid Larva on SR388 discovered the cool energy draining features and that it duplicated when exposed to certain radiations, only for their ship to get raided by the Space Pirates who stole the Metroid figured out it was Chozo Bio Science and went to Zebes to force the Chozo there to help turn it into a weapon. There the Zebes Bio Computer Mother Brain back stabbed the Chozo and joined up with the pirates having the ability to control the Metroids and all the Chozo knowledge. So the pirates killed the Chozo not needing them. Which led to Metroid 1/Zero Mission.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah that's not flesh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TaurusOxford posted:

It also isn't the first time her neck has been "exposed", as in her armor not being bulky enough to nearly touch her helmet:

http://imgur.com/a/mKFDvp1

Also keep in mind that Samus is looking up in that shot which is making the neck look more exposed than it actually is.

Yeah Chozo are super tall.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If you want to find out a bosses name you can just scroll over the area of the map where you fight them the name is on it. Given that the Robot Chozo are called Robot Chozo Warriors, I would imagine they are wholly robot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Torrannor posted:

It is pretty confusing what's going on here. Raven Beak had Samus beat but didn't extract her Metroid DNA, but if he's waiting for Samus to kill an X or whatever, why has he turned the EMMIs into Samus Murder Machines? Samus dies when the EMMIs extract her DNA, so why didn't he do that himself in the first place? Not to mention the robotic warriors that simply kill Samus without extracting genetic material. I don't quite understand what Raven Beak is after.

Well assuming she dies. I think Raven Beak or an EMMI could just walk over to her corpse and extract the DNA.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 9, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Lone Badger posted:

I think "all of the soldiers became infected" might be what Raven Beak tells other people. Actually, he ordered a bunch of them to kill themselves before they could become infected.

I doubt that, seems kinda foolish. Though I could see Chozo Warriors killing themselves if they felt they were about to be infected, or doing so after being trapped in Elun. If a creature is a corpse or not does make a difference to the X as X don't inherit memories from corpses if I recall correctly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah this is not Samus's fault. Cause the doors were sealed when she was inside. Heck give her a little bit of time and she could wiped all the X in there out. That's not feasible when they are spread over the planet now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nebrilos posted:

There is something I don't understand about the timeline. The events Quiet Cloth described where the Thoha sealed the metroids away with the help of the Mawkin, and then were massacred by the Mawkin, and then Quiet Cloth was taken to ZDR occurred before Metroid II, right? (Possibly before Metroid I?). The X are not a threat in Metroid II. Samus doesn't encounter any at all even as she travels through the entire planet, but an X managed to infect a Mawkin soldier? Also, why didn't the Mawkin bring the metroids with them, or even just a few metroids with them, when they departed SRX-388? Like, they were already on the planet with the thing that they really want, why not get it, or at least some of it, while they are there?

Also, if Raven Beak needs a Thoha to control his metroids for him, why did he just murder his last Thoha with a killer robot?

It seems the X can't pass though metal? Only flesh?

Quiet Robe.
The events took place prior to Metroid 1. While Samus does not encounter any X in 2, this is not a plot hole. The Metroids were designed to eat them, and kept the X’s population very low. There may have been a few stragglers hanging around that managed to infect the Mawkin Warrior when they came to aid the Thoha, but by the time of Metroid 2 the Metroids probably consumed all the X in their area. As for why they did not take any Metroids with them, as they initially came to the planet to help the Thoha, and likely did not know about the Metroids before coming, they probably did not have devices to contain or capture them.

We don’t know why Raven Beak has done a lot of things. Opening the door to the X containment area also seems counterproductive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

The X can go through metal just fine, it's how they infected Samus even though she was wearing her Varia Suit, and there's also a big robot with an organic brain in Fusion that the X infect. There may however be a limit to how much metal they can go through, like radiation, and Elun did have a huge security system that scanned Samus when she first entered. It's likely that those scanners are all over Elun, and if an X got too close to the wall, it would get vaporized.

The Varia suit is partially organic which is how the X infected it. They seem to be able mimic metal and travel through it only if it has organic components. They are noted as being Gelatinous, I assume that normally they just squeeze through cracks and openings. (In Fusion they were also noted not to be able to get to other parts of the Lab until the doors were unlocked for them.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 14, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was going to say I don't remember anything implying the Varia suit is partially organic, but after looking it up apparently it's right there in the intro to Fusion where she says that the organic parts of the suit were infected which is why they had to be surgically removed. That, along with someone pointing out that the security robot wasn't infected until after it cracked open, yeah I think you're right. The X can't actually phase through metal. So keeping them sealed up in Elun works fine as a containment method, especially since as you noted they couldn't get through certain doors in the BSL.

Fun fact the reason the suit looks different in this game from the Fusion one, is because it’s starting to regrow it’s missing parts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So I am pretty sure on that Shinespark Puzzle, could they not just slide. I think sliding in Speedboster breaks blocks. No need to shoot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I see you guys forgot about the Pulse Scan, and that melee kills frozen enemies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Twin Robots are super easy if Storm Missiles are used on them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Natural 20 posted:

Forgive me, but there is absolutely nothing that would need to be reworked if missiles fired from the R button and charged the same way the beam does on Y.

I can accept the double jump and space jump are conceits I will never accept as fine where the vast majority of people love them as they are, but there is absolutely no reason for the toggle to require R charge + Y.

You don't need Y though?

Edit: Oh for using normal missiles. Ehh different strokes it does not bother me to hold down a button.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't get how people can keep missing the big white flash. It's not subtle .

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah it's a personal thing. I for one like Space Jumps Rhythm for example.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Screw attack basically kills everything. Even the Chozo robots die really quickly to it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oh this Samus's Metroid powers clearly work on Non X as it sucked all the power out of the EMMI and the Core Unit connected to it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Actual Adam said to get to the Network stations to contact him, but it appears Raven Beak intercepted it and presumably has just been blocking Adam's signal that's trying to talk to her the whole time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Natural 20 posted:

I'll be doing a full report and signoff a little later this weekend.

Of note is per what we said in the video, we won't be going full completionist. There's nothing to be obtained from doing so apart from logs. I'm certainly interested in reading them, but I also don't really care for running around for hours trying to find powerups that have no real purpose other than as collectables.

Not Logs but Chozo Archives which are images that give some background information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SL the Pyro posted:

My understanding was that Raven Beak was planning to hit the planet's self-destruct button as soon as Samus was on board the Itorash, since he wouldn't want the X leaving the planet either.

I presume he would have had robots load up the contained bio weapons in had in the capsules first.

AtomikKrab posted:

Raven Beak used that beam at the bottom of Artaria as well. But yeah he was probably hooked up TO THE ENTIRE PLANET. Also probably his suit is NOT partially organic, and thus why the X did nothing to him while he cooked them and canned them. probably shoved Quiet Robe into a locker to keep him alive or something since he still needed him at that time.

It probably is partially organic, but none of the organic parts are exposed like with Samus's suit. (If he is aware of the X it seems a good thing to do.)

For something that I noticed. Right before the Elite Chozo is fought, there are some Chozo ships outside the area. When Samus goes through that area on the way back to her ship, the two Chozo ships are gone.