Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I didn't think I'd watch Natural 20 LP another Metroid game after the disaster that was Super Metroid, but this is quite fun so far. It helps that I haven't played Dread myself.

Apart from the EMMI's and the tiny Mother Brains, the enemies have been very generic so far. I wonder when this picks up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, this episode just rained upgrades on Samus.

I think it's pretty clear that the yellow EMMI has the speed boost. There are speed boost blocks in the area around the EMMI zone, and the EMMI itself was shown to be abnormally fast during the cutscene.

The audio is not quite in sync, which kinda ruins the surprise sometimes when Nat says "yeah!" or something, before we can see that whatever he tries actually works.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I was so sure that statue was going to be a boss when I saw it in the thumbnail.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Adam mentioned the space jump in yellow text, so that's basically confirmed to be in the game, too? Combined with the apparent grapple beam points, Samus has quite a lot of mobility in this game. I appreciate that the flash shift will likely not be completely obsoleted by the space jump.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
If the EMMIs remain deactivated I will eat my hat. What's stopping Raven Beak from just reactivating them, now that Quiet Robe is dead? Nothing, I presume. So I do look forward to Samus coming into contact with a deactivated EMMI, only for it to power up in a cutscene.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It is pretty confusing what's going on here. Raven Beak had Samus beat but didn't extract her Metroid DNA, but if he's waiting for Samus to kill an X or whatever, why has he turned the EMMIs into Samus Murder Machines? Samus dies when the EMMIs extract her DNA, so why didn't he do that himself in the first place? Not to mention the robotic warriors that simply kill Samus without extracting genetic material. I don't quite understand what Raven Beak is after.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Why are there these morphball booster tunnels at all? Who uses/used them? Could the chozo turn into balls as well? Or is this just a cool gameplay feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So Raven Beak is the final boss, right? With the customary "Planet/station is exploding, you have to escape, Samus!" sequence to follow? Will there be a bonus video collecting power ups?