Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
There's another way to make Escue easier involving sequence breaking, but I'll wait to talk about this until we actually see the item in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Oh right, this part. The only real hint you get for this was given by Adam a while ago, and the game counts on you to remember it. (The hint: You can explore waterlogged areas better once you get the Grapple Beam and Space Jump.)

Also, the twin robots are awful on the first playthrough. I recall taking just as many deaths the first time too.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 20, 2021

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Ah yes, the Purple Suit. With the obvious exception of Fusion, I never had any problems with how it looked in any of the games; purple is an amazing color when done right. And with that in mind, I'm still saying that Dread's iteration is easily my favorite.

I can't quite remember if this is also true in previous games, but in Dread the acquisition of the Gravity Suit marks the point of the game where progression and difficulty have their brakes cut -- they start ramping up and don't really stop.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I didn't have too much trouble with Dread's control scheme, but a couple parts did their level best to give me grief until the very end. Constantly mixing up the Missile and Grapple Beam buttons is probably just a personal mistake, but putting the Speed Booster on a Control Stick Button was something I found incredibly awkward.

Gripes aside though, I will say that Dread has Samus' movement as the smoothest and most responsive it's ever been, so any issues with the controls fall squarely on the player's side. (Except for Shinespark puzzles. Those are still arcane voodoo and probably always will be.)

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 25, 2021

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Funny thing about the Screw Attack: it says it works on "enemies cloaked in electrical energy".

If you'll recall, Escue was cloaked in electrical energy.

Basically if you get the Screw Attack early via sequence breaking and enter the boss room with a Speed Booster charge, Escue becomes a loving joke.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

...I have no idea where Golzuna's head is supposed to be, so I just guessed.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

An hour-long video. Yep, that sounds about right for Raven Beak.

And yet you didn't die to the final phase. I'm actually quite surprised by this because most people I've watched don't realize you have to charge the Hyper Beam, so they just get gobbled.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

My understanding was that Raven Beak was planning to hit the planet's self-destruct button as soon as Samus was on board the Itorash, since he wouldn't want the X leaving the planet either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Quackles posted:

Uh oh.

We've established that all of Raven Beak's soldiers have been overtaken by the X.

So if those ships managed to leave the planet before all this went down, then—

Oh shi--

Even if Raven Beak wasn't already on the Itorash, he'd only count for one ship. Samus had her own ship to escape the planet with. Quiet Robe-X hitched a ride with Samus and immediately got absorbed.

It's entirely possible two random planets are about to get X'd.