Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

pointlessone posted:

It sounds like they took a lot from the Metroid 2 remake.

There's a break even point about half way through in M2:SR where you go from horribly weak to a walking death machine. It's rather jarring, and I hope they did better on the power curve here.

Samus is extremely squishy here, and certain minibosses will slap away 6 energy tanks of health in a single hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Quackles posted:

So is every EMMI going to have an item to pick up, I wonder?

Unsure if it would really be a spoiler, but to be safe...Yes, they all have Samus's abilities.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It's even worse if you do the bomb skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2WGL_q7bI

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ahh overthinking a speed booster puzzle.

Looks like it mostly comes from not knowing the new controls for it, which are hella smoother. Like jumping, wall jumps, slides, and morph ball transitions keeping the speed boost.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Sucker's bet

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bruceski posted:

Gratz, you beat Sporquatic Spawn, the boringest boss in the game.

I love Samus's reaction at the end, even she's just going "...really?"

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Adam: "I heard Raven Beak has a six pack. I heard he's loving ripped."

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Well consider how all the EMMIs so far had Samus's powers, and despite being exploration bots are limited to specific zones. Could be part of some test I guess? To what end, we'll have to wait and see.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah you'll need to actively hunt down the X compared to the pickups (and they will reform the enemies if you don't catch them) but it's still pretty lenient and generous with the nom range.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Oberndorf posted:

That last puzzle requires an item you haven’t got yet.

No you can do it without that.

The way to do it is by Speed Boosting from the outside and wall jumping into slide. You need to slide the second you hit the ground, and once you get into the bigger room at the end you start the Shinespark and you'll have just enough time to drop the bomb and launch yourself.

Otherwise yeah you can come back with a future upgrade.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bruceski posted:

I think where I started noticing something was off was when the X got involved. You let them out of E-zone, "Raven Beak must have some reason for releasing them." They damage the forge and start freezing the planet, "Raven Beak is trying to keep you from a power up you need." Those incidents are what cement him in my mind as a control freak who insists it's all according to plan even when it's not (though at the time I just thought Adam had a microchip loose or something). I believe "make her fight her way to the surface and see if the stress will activate her DNA", but I don't think he planned Quiet Robe X turning the bots back on or anything.

Well to be fair with Elun note that the door was purposefully left open when Samus walked out, when it shut behind her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Raven Beak talks the talk but holy hell does he walk the walk. His fight is the best one in the game IMO.

Also