Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

here we go here we go here we go :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's two separate parry windows when the EMMI shows up: once when it's about to pin Samus, and the second time when it's about to spike her.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So is every EMMI going to have an item to pick up, I wonder?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fun fact: if you do the sequence breaks to get Bombs before Kraid, you can also pick up Flash Shift early as well. It helps with Kraid’s fireballs.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just as well that you passed up on that missile tank. That's not a Shinespark puzzle.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AtomikKrab posted:

Also to think about is that after Raven Beak decides to leave just one nerd alive to corral the metroids, it turns out EVERY SINGLE ONE of his underlings got infected by an X-Parasite, and Raven Beak then without Metroid powers mind you, stops and contains them. Which would also explain the state of the facility, there are two whole Chozo left in the place trying to keep the lights on

I mean, the rule of X parasites is that if you have one X-parasite on your hands, you're about to have 9999 more X-parasites to deal with.

How on earth did Raven Beak put that catastrophe back in the box?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SIGSEGV posted:

Presumably, he used suitable levels of violence and entirely non-biological weapons like the robot killer we just saw who just killed Quiet Robe.

That makes sense.

That footage of an X-parasite was probably completely real, then.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Omobono posted:

gently caress, this makes sense. Being able to control Samus, destroyer of worlds* would be a massive coup.

*I remember Zebes and SR388, what's the planet tally from Prime 1 to 3 and Other M?

There's Dark Aether in Prime 2. (I personally think that counts as half a planet.) Then there's Phaaze in Prime 3. And the Bottle Ship was blown up in Other M, though that isn't a planet and also wasn't her fault.

So 3 1/2 planets to date.

Taking bets: who thinks ZDR goes boom at the end of Dread?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Gnoman posted:

Introducing Samus's snacks at this stage of the game is kind of interesting from a mechanics point of view.

Congrats, now I'm forever calling the Samus clone from Fusion the Snacks-AX.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

We've seen the Chozo and Torizo, so the logical conclusion is the Chorizo.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So regarding that speed booster puzzle:

You can slide while running with the speed boost. Doing so will break through beam blocks.

The way that puzzle works is you're meant to slide through those blocks and over the pit blocks. You'll be forced into morph ball form while boosting and should continue to the small room on the left; then, come out of morph and store a spark. Then, re-enter morph, backtrack, lay a bomb at the bomb blocks, and ballspark.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Explopyro posted:

Regardless, it's for something minor (a small missile pack)so I don't recommend practising bomb jumps to get it now.

That's not true, actually. If you get that missile tank at the point Nat is now, there's a pitfall block beneath it - you are redirected immediately into the item room containing the Space Jump.

Now, how to IBJ: Use controller rumble. Right when you feel the bomb go off, press the button again. When you feel that bomb go off, press the button again. And so on. You will quickly and easily get into a rhythm.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Storm Missiles completely change up the way you can fight bosses. Instead of having to get a full firing opportunity at bosses going forward, you just have to not get hit until you can lock on enough. The barrage will auto-aim while you're getting out of the way.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 18, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Golux posted:

Escue is always a pain!

Unless you shinespark into him at the start of the fight (you can charge from outside the boss room). Then he's easier.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, this game is definitely Some Dexterity Required with all the button combinations. I particularly wish the Speed Booster was automatic, like in Fusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MonsterEnvy posted:

For something that I noticed. Right before the Elite Chozo is fought, there are some Chozo ships outside the area. When Samus goes through that area on the way back to her ship, the two Chozo ships are gone.

Uh oh.

We've established that all of Raven Beak's soldiers have been overtaken by the X.

So if those ships managed to leave the planet before all this went down, then—