Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also Monster Patrol USA will be selling my Frankenstein Witch Cat Lulus online as well at Noon PST on Halloween. They have a placeholder website for their shopify that will go live at that time. monsterpatrolusa.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also Monster Patrol USA will be selling my Frankenstein Witch Cat Lulus online as well at Noon PST on Halloween. They have a placeholder website for their shopify that will go live at that time. monsterpatrolusa.com

You've sent me down this rabbit hole so it's only fair that I scoop one up.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Lots of cool stuff! These Elegabs are great; I thought I had a lead on a clear Warsgon, but twas not to be.

I messaged the Monster Patrol folks on IG, they seem like super cool folks! Hope to score a Frankenlulu and Ultraman!

Double Deux
Oct 30, 2010
As someone that mostly deals in hard(er) vinyl stuff I tend to pass over most sofubi that pops up in the general art-toy news-sphere, but I saw this dude a few weeks back and honestly if more paintjobs were this good i'd probably have way more sofubi. Artist is Nomiwa, they do work with Unbox Industries mostly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

A lot of Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Chinese makers of art sofubi do elaborate paint jobs (and equally elaborate figures). Check out this Son Wukong by maker Kaiju One

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
sofubi really covers a lot of styles/genres. I love seeing new stuff so this thread is the best!

Today was a big mail day so here are some pics (raining outside so boring interior shots)

My two main October acquisitions Konatsu Jack-o-lantern Negora and 100% Soft dumpster fire candy corn. Also received an Eleking Negora and a mini Negora.

Cool picture showing the glow in the dark pigments on the Halloween Negora

And a bonus sofubi adjacent thing. These guys were a Tokidoki and Sonic thing. Some cute kaiju

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Those detailed sculpts are great, but it's almost too much, ha. Different strokes I guess.

That's an awesome haul! Lots of fun stuff, and the blacklight shot is great. I got a kick out of the tennis shoes on the minis.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 26, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MechaOctobot posted:

sofubi really covers a lot of styles/genres. I love seeing new stuff so this thread is the best!

Today was a big mail day so here are some pics (raining outside so boring interior shots)

My two main October acquisitions Konatsu Jack-o-lantern Negora and 100% Soft dumpster fire candy corn. Also received an Eleking Negora and a mini Negora.

Cool picture showing the glow in the dark pigments on the Halloween Negora

And a bonus sofubi adjacent thing. These guys were a Tokidoki and Sonic thing. Some cute kaiju

Holy poo poo super score!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m in LA so no photos from my collection this week, but I’ll be going to the opening of my friend’s shop Monster Patrol on Sunday so I’ll take pics

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm excited! To see pics!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Can’t wait for pictures, I’ve seen some of the items going to be there on instagram. Thank you Gatos.

Here is the newest addition to my burgeoning collection. This guy came up on some saved search in eBay for a reasonable price and was just too cool to pass up on.

Bwana Spoons little chonk Globby

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bwana Spoons makes super fun stuff! Good score!

And yes please don’t wait for photos from me, folks! Add your own!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
picked up some vintage monsters from eBay and now that I've bought what i want, I'm happy to share that vintage Ultraman vinyl is pretty inexpensive

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cloks posted:

picked up some vintage monsters from eBay and now that I've bought what i want, I'm happy to share that vintage Ultraman vinyl is pretty inexpensive

I have an Eleking and that one on the left too, not sure if the exact same mold though

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cloks posted:

I’m not sure if I recognize the red guy with wings… can you give us a photo of his feet where the name and maker logo usually are located?

Edit I’m pretty sure that Eleking and Gatorade are Popy, but maybe Bandai? 1980s stuff. Again, this is the only context I ever ask for these; please post feet pics for identification

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 31, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Monster Patrol opens today at noon! 321 E 1st St in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wow goddamn!! So nice

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Store looks dope!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This thing is awesome but it looks like it’s made of two part foam and I hope they let it offgas somewhere else for a nice long time

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Wow lots to go over on those shelves! Nice looking display front and center Gatos!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Brown: Mirakuron, 1997
White: Eleking, 1983
Red: Melba, 1996
Black: Gomora, 1983

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snowy posted:

This thing is awesome but it looks like it’s made of two part foam and I hope they let it offgas somewhere else for a nice long time

Yeah it was made by a prop house and definitely had some time to sit haha

It’s cool seeing my friend’s shop finally open!

Edit: they are having problems with their checkout but it’s being worked on

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 31, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Monster Patrol’s online sales are finally working!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I got a Lulu and an Ultraman!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nice!! I know the Ultraman are pre-order as they are still on their way from Japan at the moment 😬

I had a great time at the opening! It’s a really fun shop!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

All good. Shipping is all kinds of hosed up right now.

Got a few new things I need to take pictures of too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Not Sofubi related but relevant to some people’s interest here I believe: electronic gacha machines now exist

https://twitter.com/kayidesign/status/1455106958285889546?s=21

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's neato! I watched a Tokyo Toy Bastard video where he went to a whole gacha store. Just machine after machine. It was fun. I suppose this was an obvious next step to the coin operated ones?

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those electronic gasha machine are cool. I hope they adopt them in the states at some point.

Bought an eBay auction for 3 random vag from a pile of decent stuff and it arrived today

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I got a Lulu and an Ultraman!

:same:

GYV, I've got a bone to pick with you. I buy a Frankenlulu, and then today on Instagram I see a hint of a pink glitter Lulu?!

I'm a sucker for anything Halloween, glitter or GiD...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

:same:

GYV, I've got a bone to pick with you. I buy a Frankenlulu, and then today on Instagram I see a hint of a pink glitter Lulu?!

I'm a sucker for anything Halloween, glitter or GiD...

Yeah next month is going to be the first Glitter Lulu since 2018! There will be another early next year as well.

edit: I'm going to try for a new Lulu variation every month from now on.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 2, 2021

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Here's my acquisitions for the past few weeks (I definitely have a problem).

Another Max Toy Ultraman. As someone who's first love is action figures, these hit right in the middle of the sofubi/action figure Venn-diagram for me.

A Grape Brain Onigiri. This was just something I had watched on ebay and got a seller offer for a hefty discount, so I pulled the trigger. I didn't realize there was a mouth on the back. I was more tickled by this in person than I thought I would be and have another one on the way.

A Max Toy Co. Tripus. I adore the one Mr. Gatos sold to me, and I'd been eyeing another red one on ebay. Then this one popped up for an auction that I won at a much cheaper price. The header card did have a tear in it, but I open everything anyway, so not a huge issue for me.

A Gargamel Deathra. Another ebay find, but this one was a surprise to me as my wife got me this for our anniversary. The listing described it as "Coke bottle green"; it's a really cool color.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Nice pick ups! That last clear one is really nice not seen that before.

I’m pretty sure I was watching that Tripus too lol.

This thread is definitely not budget friendly

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nice! That coke bottle Deathra is very desirable among collectors of him iirc.

And yeah Onigiri is a huge favorite of mine. I wish I could get more of the Grape Brain figures but COVID had made that really difficult. I know Q Pop gallery has a red glitter Onigiri and Macaroni available at their shop as I saw them there the other day. Here’s the Onigiri painting I bought from Rage Hamada at D Con in 2019

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The ebay listing for the Gargamel did say it was rare / desirable, but you never know if people just say those things. I'll have to look more into them. I really like the sculpt itself, but it was the color of the vinyl that I found really appealing.

Here's a link to the other Onigiri that's coming: https://www.hbyty.tw/en/product/detail/932777 and a link to the one in my picture: https://wootbear.com/grape-brain-white-onigiri/ if anyone's looking for non-ebay options. That painting is super fun!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

The ebay listing for the Gargamel did say it was rare / desirable, but you never know if people just say those things. I'll have to look more into them. I really like the sculpt itself, but it was the color of the vinyl that I found really appealing.

Here's a link to the other Onigiri that's coming: https://www.hbyty.tw/en/product/detail/932777 and a link to the one in my picture: https://wootbear.com/grape-brain-white-onigiri/ if anyone's looking for non-ebay options. That painting is super fun!

Fuuuuuuuuuuck translucent orange Onigiri....

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck translucent orange Onigiri....

:doit:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Honestly I'm not going to be able to afford anything for a while. Other than things I've already pre-ordered and paid for I'm holding off on for a bit.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

All good, I'm just an enabler, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah I have too many non-sofubi toys on preorder to add to my single foray into the market. Lots of great collections shared!

I got this Skull Dangler from Jonathan Dubose. He's a rad dude from the south who makes a variety of toys and miniatures. I'll probably end up with at least another, he produces some great colorways.