Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Only tangentally related, but amiami has these hoodies up for sale

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-00161259
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=GOODS-00236912

Guy I went to Japan with had the Metron hoodie and it was awesome!

Oh man I've seen the Metron hoodie before but I think the Zetton one is all new.

Unfortunately Japanese sizing is like "one step down and slim fit". A Japanese XL is like a slim L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

If I even remotely thought one would fit me I'd definitely get the Metron one, that pattern looks amazing on it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Akametenshi makes some of the most insane things. I would really love to get one eventually.

Does anyone here have any of their sofubi?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Der-Wreck posted:

Akametenshi makes some of the most insane things. I would really love to get one eventually.

Does anyone here have any of their sofubi?

I don't but I painted one of those cookie monster shin godzillas for a friend last year on commission. He wanted it a different shade of blue that resembled his favorite weed grower's logo :2bong:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Haha, that's awesome. Guessing hell make it a thing when it fits.

I've got a green glitter goji. It's pretty fantastic. I like how accessible his stuff is too. If you've got the cash he'll sell to you. No lottery / secret cool kids nonsense or anything like that. Just watch forhis SOIs on Instagram.

Edit: also been lazy about pictures, but got some rad pieces for Christmas. Anyone else get anything cool?

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Nothing for Christmas, but apparently my Christmas themed Genkosha deer shipped.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nari is going to post info in a few days, but here's his first release for 2024 another of his new Aliens

https://x.com/elegab_jp/status/1741576386022920366?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Happy New Year- Yo of Maxtoy Japan announced the first new figure of the year: MechaGodzilla sculpted by Pico Pico (not available in the US 🫠)

https://x.com/quackmaxx/status/1741817946874486831?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 1, 2024

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Awww those are both fantastic... Hopefully we can get the Godzilla's released in the US like they did the Shin Ultra stuff.

I'm not sure how I feel about the color combo on the Elegab though, but not sure I want to wait for a potential 2nd release, haha.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Awww those are both fantastic... Hopefully we can get the Godzilla's released in the US like they did the Shin Ultra stuff.

I'm not sure how I feel about the color combo on the Elegab though, but not sure I want to wait for a potential 2nd release, haha.

The MaxToy Godzilla figures won't be released in the States- the licensing over here cost astronomical amounts of money. The only way to get them are having friends try to pick them up at WonFes in Japan or trying to grab one off of Yahoo Japan auctions immediately after the convention (set up a buyee.jp account for that).

And I've waited on Elegab 2nd releases- it might take a while but I totally understand on wanting a different colorway.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ahh, wasn't sure if it was pure cost or Toho just being hard to get along with...

I don't hate the colors (I actually quite like the yellow), but for some reason I've got it in my head they should be more outlandish, heh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah it's just Godzilla being ultimately the most well known internationally and also iirc you have to pay some money to Legendary as well since they hold the main rights to Godzilla in America so it's partially to pay them a 'key fee' so to speak. Ultraman isn't that difficult or terribly expensive to get a license to put out figures in the US though. But from what I understand, there is a recent new head of the American licensing and they are making things go VERY SLOW nowadays for approvals, that's why the MaxToy Ultraman series figures have been slowing down here in the US.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm really digging the aliens series from Elegab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDD4AP-rVM

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

He does a great job on those videos! Still hoping for a 2nd version of Dokuro Tarou and Ikari at some point.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah he's slowed down on the releases a lot it seems, so less variants have been happening. I'm sure its due to the fact that there are a LOT more of each figure being released compared to the past (I believe well over 100 now- in the past he's released as little as a dozen iirc). I'd be interested to see if he ever does different color ways of Dokuro Taro and Ikari type since it's the main character. Maybe a metallic colorway?

Anyway, I entered the lottery for KOROSHIYAN-V

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Went into a closet looking for something and opened a storage box and found this guy- Doscaras (partner of wrestler Mil Mascaras) the luchador! This was a limited edition (the sombrero was a bonus) that was sold at Super Festival around 22 years ago that I visited. I also got the Mil Mascaras but when I moved from Minneapolis to San Francisco around 15 years ago I gave that to a good friend of mine from Mexico

I realized that was the first time I met Kaminaga of Marusan

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That's pretty cool! The sombrero is a fun touch. I had no idea Marusan had done wrestlers.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

That's pretty cool! The sombrero is a fun touch. I had no idea Marusan had done wrestlers.

Apparently a few different ones: https://wrestlingfiguredatabase.com/collections/marusan-sofubi-soft-vinyl

You can see the Mil Maskaras limited edition with the sombrero there as well

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah he's slowed down on the releases a lot it seems, so less variants have been happening. I'm sure its due to the fact that there are a LOT more of each figure being released compared to the past (I believe well over 100 now- in the past he's released as little as a dozen iirc). I'd be interested to see if he ever does different color ways of Dokuro Taro and Ikari type since it's the main character. Maybe a metallic colorway?

Anyway, I entered the lottery for KOROSHIYAN-V

I got the invoice mail for this today. I have never bought from them before but it's a great design so I'm ready to give it a go.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Got the new Elegab alien! Ships somewhere between April and June.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Apparently a few different ones: https://wrestlingfiguredatabase.com/collections/marusan-sofubi-soft-vinyl

You can see the Mil Maskaras limited edition with the sombrero there as well

Oh nice, those are rad!

I was waffling on the Elegab lottery, and wound up missing the cutoff...

Congrats on the wins!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Alright everyone, stay calm! Don't freak out! Planet-X is doing Fireman: https://www.instagram.com/p/C15l-DJSrBU/?igsh=ZjYwdTBoZG05YmFi

Alright, maybe just me that's excited, but hell yes!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I really need to get some of the Max Toy Firemen.

The thing I really enjoy with Sofubi, there's always something to discover.

Did I know about this Max Toy Gitagitanga? No, must have missed it, and it's wonderfully garish:

http://clubtokyo.org/site/showCharacterVariation?byCharacterId=516&entryId=4438

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I think that’s an older figure- I think they sold some at TsubuCon

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ah! That’s what I ordered last summer! My Medicom Shin Kamen Rider arrived!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Failson posted:

I really need to get some of the Max Toy Firemen.

Did I know about this Max Toy Gitagitanga? No, must have missed it, and it's wonderfully garish:

http://clubtokyo.org/site/showCharacterVariation?byCharacterId=516&entryId=4438

Kinda inspired by Gitagitanga, my lego tank needed something to fight!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Failson posted:

Already missed a bunch of releases, but it looks like Bandai/CCP Co started a 5" Middle-size line of Toho kaiju. The prices aren't too bad, and some of the colorways are wild!

https://www.hlj.com/search/?Maker2=CCP+CO.+Ltd.&Page=1&SeriesID2=Godzilla

Bubble Wrapp carries this line, right now I think their in-stock ones are all Godzilla and Gigan, but they put up pre-orders for these two and a red-orange translucent SpaceGodzilla.

Too bad I missed out on some of the earlier Hedorahs. The best colors always seem to be Hedorah.

(Holding out hope for a Baragon one to come out in the future)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fun Wonder Festival footage including some of the Collect All Monsters crew!

Fire up your VPN and connect to a Japanese server. Click this link and you will get 2 pop ups. The first is to agree to their terms of service. The second asks for your age (type in format YYYYMM), the radio button asks your sex, and the third field asks for a postal code; I used an Osaka one 556-0001. The relevant part is at the 4 minute mark.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Failson posted:

Ain't this the truth!

That Kamen Rider is rad! And those.midsized CCPs are dangerous!

And uhh, I'm in that video, so if seeing a goon in flesh terrifies you... It was interesting how they edited it. They cut all of the navigational / travel stuff and our entire evening/ dinner at Kaiju Sakaba (probably because that's where I had the most camera time, haha). I did put out a hearty plea for Tsuburaya to dub /sub and release Fireman in the US. I'll assume they passed my message along via the proper channels.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was wondering if you were in any of the footage (having never seen you) but figured you were. So cool!

edit: also someone uploaded the episode on DailyMotion so one doesn't have to do the VPN dance to watch. Again, sofubi stuff starts at the 4 minute mark.

https://dai.ly/x8rhbtq

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 16, 2024

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, that was our whole group that comes out of the hotel at the beginning. I'm the goon in the black spiral shirt and black hat. I think he wants to remain somewhat anonymous, but one of the other dudes runs Kaiju Canvas, too.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I love that Godzilla in a tank, but it looks like they go for absolutely crazy money.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yeah, that was our whole group that comes out of the hotel at the beginning. I'm the goon in the black spiral shirt and black hat. I think he wants to remain somewhat anonymous, but one of the other dudes runs Kaiju Canvas, too.

Neat! Man I really hope to get to another WonFes sometime, but with the way things have been going for the past few years I'm not sure when it will be in the cards for me again.

edit:

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I love that Godzilla in a tank, but it looks like they go for absolutely crazy money.

Yeah the only way to get one without spending outrageous amounts of money is to spend outrageous amounts of money and go to Japan and hope to pick one up at something like WonFes or Super Festival

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man I really want to get a MaxToy Gyango

https://x.com/quackmaxx/status/1748003800722653483?s=20

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Man, Abao dropped a new piece that I really want to get my hands on (I also collect weird dolls, so it's like a perfect combo of poo poo I collect) but so far I've missed out.

Strangecat and MPH both dropped her with like, no advanced notice, boo. Everything else they post in advance when something's coming out. Hopefully my other usual suspects will be selling her too.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Looked like a "normal" doll at first, but I liked how the eyes are painted then noticed the hair and fangs and the embroidery on the dress tying it together. Pretty fun stuff!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

On the topic of guys I haven't missed, Hikaritoys dropped a few pieces a couple weeks ago, and I'm loving the Octopus Girl.

The spindly one is Hachisaku-sama (which I guess is some internet urban legend). I just thought she looked cool too.

And now the fun part

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Those are WILD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm digging the Hachisaku-sama; got those "The Scream" vibes. The octopus girl reminds me of the Owl Toy Otis with that far off stare. Fun stuff!