Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
That is really cool. I love the colourway! The style isn’t quite one I would collect but I really appreciate seeing pictures of peoples collections!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I used to follow a bunch of these accounts on instagram, this poo poo is very cool. Thanks everyone for sharing their collections! I dont have any yet but I'll definitely have to grab one of these sooner or later. More pictures please :)

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Snagged a Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah in honor of Godzilla day and fomo.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I can't possibly collect one more type of thing but I love these two:

GIRDORUS: https://www.ebay.com/itm/380785629332

NOKOGIRIN: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174947732270

I might allow myself to get just one in the spring when I'm a bit more flush...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Man Giradorus used to be such an easily found figure even through the 90s as they were sold in Hawaii a lot. OTOH I don't see Nokogirins too often.

I'd advise also looking into getting an account with Buyee . jp - they can do proxy shipping for you for Yahoo Japan Auctions, and you can occasionally find some really great deals that way. There are a lot of sellers there that won't ship overseas but Buyee will take care of that for you. I'd also suggest looking up the katakana for these kaiju to use in the yahoo search. For example, here's a Giradorus (ギラドラス ) on Yahoo auctions right now that is far cheaper than that ebay listing: At the time of this copy/paste it's ¥9500

edit: if you are ok with reproductions, Bandai made new versions of Bullmarks from the original molds in the 90s. Here's a Nokogirin available now on Mandarake for ¥10000. Again way cheaper than that ebay one you are eyeing. Here.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 3, 2021

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Wow, I had no idea there were reproduction ones - I might have to go for that. Thanks!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah Bullmark is still in business and they put out classics as well as some new figures. You definitely need to use a proxy service to purchase from them since they don't even take credit cards, but some antiquated payment system used in Japan. http://www.bullmark.co.jp/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Speaking of Bullmark- this was my last purchase from them earlier this year, a GID orange Hedorah! I’ll be honest the Bullmark sculpt is not my favorite of this guy but glow orange was too good to resist. Also it seems it’s still available on their web store

The one behind him is the X-Plus "Ric" (deluxe) version I got myself for my 50th birthday 5 years ago. He has light-up eyes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MechaOctobot posted:

Snagged a Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah in honor of Godzilla day and fomo.

What are you, a wizard? Or did this colorway last more than 10 seconds after the drop? Grats, they're cool sculpts. I got the Godzilla vs Hedorah poster from the drop, but I've given up trying to score any of the sofubi.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

What are you, a wizard? Or did this colorway last more than 10 seconds after the drop? Grats, they're cool sculpts. I got the Godzilla vs Hedorah poster from the drop, but I've given up trying to score any of the sofubi.

I was really surprised that they lasted as long as they did (a fair few minutes). I was able to add each and checkout in less than a minute (was on ipad). I just had my account with my saved address and was logged into PayPal. Contrarily I tried for some goofy limited 100% soft dumpster and that thing was sold out instantly.

Great pics as always Gatos. Cool Hedorahss and that king Negora🤩! I really dig the sculpt they use at Mondo with the big goofy eyes. Seeing as I now collect Godzilla🤷‍♂️Lol, I’m going to keep my eye out for some more of the more popular kaiju in some cool colourways.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fairly off topic, but thought this would be a good place to ask.

I just saw that there are a bunch of old Godzilla Movies on HBOMax. I was going to start watching in chronological order, but thought I'd ask if there was anything specifically worth watching / skipping? I've only ever seen Godzialla from about 2000ish forward.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Fairly off topic, but thought this would be a good place to ask.

I just saw that there are a bunch of old Godzilla Movies on HBOMax. I was going to start watching in chronological order, but thought I'd ask if there was anything specifically worth watching / skipping? I've only ever seen Godzialla from about 2000ish forward.

Watch the original 1954 Godzilla and then just watch whatever sounds fun after that. There is no wrong way to do it. If you like stupid 1970s stuff, watch G vs. Megalon. If you enjoy kind of weird but neat sci-fi, watch the original Vs. Mecha Godzilla. If you like disaster movies and eldrich horrors, watch Shin Godzilla. They are all neat in their own ways.

Except Vs. Space Godzilla which is pretty much just bad.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Watch the original 1954 Godzilla and then just watch whatever sounds fun after that. There is no wrong way to do it. If you like stupid 1970s stuff, watch G vs. Megalon. If you enjoy kind of weird but neat sci-fi, watch the original Vs. Mecha Godzilla. If you like disaster movies and eldrich horrors, watch Shin Godzilla. They are all neat in their own ways.

Except Vs. Space Godzilla which is pretty much just bad.

Okay, cool. I did watch the original already, but wasn't sure where to go after that. This helps, thanks!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone here a member of SkullBrain? I was able to register a username a few months ago, but have no privileges to post anywhere. I've shot a couple of "Contact Us" messages to them through he site and even DM'd what it seems is the primary site admin, but I've gotten silence on all attempts to get access. Any insight into getting through?

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Latest addition arrived this afternoon. Never realized how difficult neon pink vinyl is to photograph.

Really dig the sculpt on this guy, MaxToy co mini Eyezon

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Awesome, I love that sculpt, and the neon pink rocks!

Those are some great pics!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Another one from the collection. This is OTUS by Owl (IG owltoy). Outs is made in Japan but designed here in the States. He also comes with a ray pistol and a little communication unit. This is one of my favorite sculpts. I cannot think of another toy that has so much character and story that just emits from it so wildly. This was the D Con 2016 release and iirc the 2nd or 3rd release. I also have a blank black one and yellow one as well. They don’t come out very often but I am enthralled by him.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

OTUS is wild, and those colors are legit! I love the expression evokes both joy and terror at the owl blob consuming his body, ha. Is there a meaning behind the Owl other than the name?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

No idea really- the sculptor has said he wants people to make their own minds about what Otus is about, but admired it’s supposed to be a face of joy rather than terror.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
I’m always amazed at the breadth this hobby spans. The style and subject matter varies so greatly between companies/artists it’s great.

This guy is such a cool weird figure, he reminds me of a Morty.

<edit>
Another few additions to the collection. Gargamel crouching Dethra and micro Thrashman. Got inspired by you SWORD agent after that cool clear green one you posted. Really like the aesthetic they have going on

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 6, 2021

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was hanging out with my sofubi collecting friend last night and mentioned how much I love the sofubi man. He’s got eight or so and accidentally bought doubles so he gave me one of his :woop:

He also tossed in this other glowy guy whose name I forget

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Noice!!! That’s Zazzan from Return of Ultraman

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Noice!!! That’s Zazzan from Return of Ultraman

Thanks!! I was trying to remember. Now I can brag about it to my Swedish nephews. They’re only 5 and 13 but somehow got really into ultraman and Godzilla.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snowy posted:

Thanks!! I was trying to remember. Now I can brag about it to my Swedish nephews. They’re only 5 and 13 but somehow got really into ultraman and Godzilla.

Hell yeah :c00l:

https://youtu.be/QzKKjwRlVbU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Both of those are super cool.

...and now I'm adding old Ultraman episodes to the must watch list.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My Acro Nisei Ultraman has shipped :woop:

Apparently there is something about it that wasn't advertised and it is a good surprise. Once I have it in hand I'll be taking photos, including of it's surprise gimmick.

Pork Fried Wrighst
Sep 5, 2008
I've been collecting sofubi for the past couple years and have built up a decent collection. I recently moved so they're currently just forming an unorganized mess on some shelves, but I'm planning on taking pictures once I figure out how I want to display them (and also upgrade my piece of poo poo phone for one with a better camera). In the meantime, here's my subcollection of Devilman toys from various artists:

I had to take a break from buying because they were absolutely murdering my wallet but I think it's about time to start back up again. Specifically, I'm eying this guy, which is a sculpt I've been really wanting for a while now, and the black/purple will fit in nicely with some of my other toys:

https://www.strangecattoys.com/products/salamander-kaiju-nightmare-by-monsterhero

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

That Salamander is a wild one! And lol I don't think I ever saw that Uamou Devilman, it's great!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My pre-order for the Acro 'Kaiju Remix' series Imitation Ultraman came :woop:

This series was designed by the late Yasushi Nirasawa as his vision for modern horror versions of the various Ultraman Kaiju and this latest one hits it out of the park. The Alien Zarab disguised as Ultraman to make humanity turn against him. This sculpt is pretty amazing and it's also larger than I expected it to be (15" tall!)

The top of the box hints at something that apparently some people have found and it's pretty wild.

Apparently they sculpted a Zarab-like face onto this horror. But people have found that you CAN remove the mask but it has been glued onto place, so it apparently takes effort that can potentially damage the figure, so I'm a bit bummed because I don't want to risk it. Here's a photo of the maskless figure that a collector in Japan got to.

Edit: apparently PostImages is having problems today, sorry if some of these aren't showing up.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Super collection Pork Fried! That Daioh Negora is amazing. Who is the little guy just in front of him?

I have seen that salamander a bunch on my Instagram and each time i edge closer to wanting one. This has not helped lol

Gatos, that Ultraman is really cool. The pose, the textures. It’s so good. Is it from a show or just one artists take on it?

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 10, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MechaOctobot posted:

Gatos, that Ultraman is really cool. The pose, the textures. It’s so good. Is it from a show or just one artists take on it?

He’s from Ultraman episode 18 “Brother From Another Planet”. An alien race comes to earth claiming they can remove a toxic fog that has appeared, in the name of peace. The Zarab aliens are actually invaders (surprise surprise) and also shape shifters. The Zarab disguises itself as Ultraman to destroy Tokyo so humanity will turn against our hero. But Ultraman defeats him in the end. This is Nirasawa’s take on the “Fake Ultraman”

Here’s a good figure of the original

Pork Fried Wrighst
Sep 5, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That Salamander is a wild one! And lol I don't think I ever saw that Uamou Devilman, it's great!

Uamou made a couple different versions of the Devilman toy -- there's an opaque one that I'm on the lookout for, the transparent one that I have, and a large version of the opaque one that I really want. He made some Mazinger themed ones too.

That Ultraman toy is incredibly cool. I have a few Ultraman toys but I feel like a poser because I haven't watched literally any of it even though I've been buying some of the boxsets on bluray.

MechaOctobot posted:

Super collection Pork Fried! That Daioh Negora is amazing. Who is the little guy just in front of him?

I have seen that salamander a bunch on my Instagram and each time i edge closer to wanting one. This has not helped lol

Thanks! The little guy is called Lion Kid by Foon Wong (https://www.instagram.com/foons_creations/). He's done a lot of cool work -- he has a line of stylized Street Fighter and King of Fighters toys, and has other anime/video game inspired versions of Lion Kid.

Anyone going to Designercon this year? I haven't seen too many exclusives that I'm really into (which is understandable), but I'd love to try to go next year.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

He’s from Ultraman episode 18 “Brother From Another Planet”. An alien race comes to earth claiming they can remove a toxic fog that has appeared, in the name of peace. The Zarab aliens are actually invaders (surprise surprise) and also shape shifters. The Zarab disguises itself as Ultraman to destroy Tokyo so humanity will turn against our hero. But Ultraman defeats him in the end. This is Nirasawa’s take on the “Fake Ultraman”

Found the whole first season on YouTube! Never really watched so I’m looking forward to seeing all these kaiju in action.

I’d love to goto designercon as my Instagram feed is nothing but cool limited figures. But I’m on the other side of the country so I’ll have to live vicariously through others lol

Got a notification that my Mondo Godzilla day items are out for delivery so hopefully I’ll post pictures of those and the one other thing I got the other day

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Pork Fried Wrighst posted:

That Ultraman toy is incredibly cool. I have a few Ultraman toys but I feel like a poser because I haven't watched literally any of it even though I've been buying some of the boxsets on bluray.

Anyone going to Designercon this year? I haven't seen too many exclusives that I'm really into (which is understandable), but I'd love to try to go next year.

Other than the Netflix series, and the link Gatos posted, me neither! Not letting that stop me from picking up something that looks visually interesting, haha. Some of the fun I've had getting into sofubi is that exploring properties that I don't know anything about. I've seen devilman before, know nothing about him. Your collection pic sent me down a rabbit hole of discovery!

Not going to Designercon this year, but I'm going to try and make it next year. It's scheduled for my only free weekend between now and New Years. Just too much going on to squeeze that in. I'm still not sure about traveling either. I've just started venturing back out to public locally, haha.

Ate at a restaurant indoors or out for the first time since roughly Feb of 2019 this past Saturday. It was amazing, hahaha.

On another note, does anyone know if Medicom reissues their figs? I just found out about Astro-Mu 5, and adore both the vintage and modern releases. I'm apparently still 6 years too late on the modern stuff, heh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

On another note, does anyone know if Medicom reissues their figs? I just found out about Astro-Mu 5, and adore both the vintage and modern releases. I'm apparently still 6 years too late on the modern stuff, heh.

Yes, but it's not really on a predictable schedule whatsoever. Earlier this year I pre-ordered a figure that got a reissue from them 5 or 6 years ago (and now it's been delayed from August to December due to COVID) and last month another 2 from the same time frame of 5 years. Which is great because buying these particular figures second hand was near impossible to find in the first place and each one was in the $400-$500 range.

edit: It's also completely unpredictable which figures they will reissue.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rotofugi is dropping some new releases today

https://twitter.com/rotofugi/status/1458880388336603145?s=20

https://twitter.com/rotofugi/status/1458880845679374344?s=20

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Had myself all ready for the rotofugi drop, then forgot till 5 mins after :/

Got my Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah yesterday. They are really nice with subtle metallic paints on both.

Love how goofy Hedorah is

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wow, quick shipping on those two. Nice catch!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yes, but it's not really on a predictable schedule whatsoever. Earlier this year I pre-ordered a figure that got a reissue from them 5 or 6 years ago (and now it's been delayed from August to December due to COVID) and last month another 2 from the same time frame of 5 years. Which is great because buying these particular figures second hand was near impossible to find in the first place and each one was in the $400-$500 range.

edit: It's also completely unpredictable which figures they will reissue.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Those Kamen Rider cats on Rotofugi are kickin' rad!

I ran across the next set of Vinyl Artist Gacha last night and it has mini Butigers. I really like the pink and teal one! I know nothing about the ones in the upper left, but the green and red one is rad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Fried Wrighst
Sep 5, 2008
The miniButigers are pretty sweet, I'll probably pick up at least the yellow, black, and pink ones. I hope he (Art Junkie) does a VAG line with his little lamb (llama? alpaca?) characters one day.

I love the Mondo Hedorah, pretty bummed I missed out on that. I did get the Attack Peter Godzilla though, no idea when that will ship.