Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love the sofubi monster figs. I have a few Ultraman ones. I recently got this though. it’s fan made but it came out so cool. Since the first actual pro wrestling figure line in japan were sofubi the dude who made this decided to make some new guys who he feels would have been in later lines if it continued. He actually got permission from Bruiser Brody’s family too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

oh MAN that thing rules! Somewhere in storage I have a Marusan made Mil Maskaras sofubi that I bought at SuperFestival back in 2001. It was limited because it came with a sombrero.

edit: If you really like classic wrestlers and sofubi, you should really get on the Project 1/6 by Medicom email list. Medicom makes a huge amount of toys (very well known for their Bearbricks) and on the sofubi side they make some interesting licensed figures in the classic sofubi style of celebrities (such as Keith Haring, Muhammad Ali, Elvis) and some really great werstlers. These are always limited and usually pre-order only. You'll have to use a proxy purchaser like ZenMarket.jp or Tenso to get them for you and then forward it to you.

Check out this Great Muta they did recently

This muta is so good drat. Junk shop dogs next line after Brody I think is going to be Bull Nakano and Dynamite kid.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That's the Max Toy Co "Sofubi Man" that my friend Mark Nagata makes. That's his video in the 2nd post itt and yep, that's Shimizu san in the video itself. Shimizu did Mark's vinyls for years and retired a few years ago. The sofubi man is really a great figure.

Summer of 2019 Mark had a "Sofubi Man Custom Show" online event and he asked a bunch of toy folks to customize their own sofubi man and I came up with "Yoyogi Park Rockabilly Sofubi Man" picturing a younger version in the 80s where his passion was doing rockabilly dance in Yoyogi Park on his off hours.

This is so cool. I love this.