Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Waited until all of these came into the mail before posting them up, but just got my last one.

These are Max Toy Ultraman from the same line as the two kaiju above!

I wound up with 5 of these mostly by accident...

I entered a lottery from OneUp for the white and black glitter Ultramen on the off chance I could purchase them.

The rainbow one is an older release I found on Mandarake, and I wanted to test out their buying process so I ordered him, but also had the silver glitter version in my cart. They came from 2 different locations, and I didn't pay enough attention when getting the payment confirmation emails so I got both.

Then I wound up winning the lottery for the two OneUp entries. :confuoot:

I got my first one from Mandarake in the mail (the clear rainbow one). I was excited for the others, and then Max Toy put up an order for a clear sunset colorway. I like the rainbow one enough that I went ahead and got that one...

Apparently I collect Ultramen now... :homebrew:

That Elegab Warsgon is great! He exudes chaos, and I really like the airplane hands, haha.

Usually I find Sofubi for the Ultramen themselves(or indeed most humanoid ones like those or for Super Sentai or Kamen Rider) to look terrible, but the semi SD proportions on those make them look a lot better than the normal ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Cloks posted:

picked up some vintage monsters from eBay and now that I've bought what i want, I'm happy to share that vintage Ultraman vinyl is pretty inexpensive

I have an Eleking and that one on the left too, not sure if the exact same mold though

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Failson posted:

I come to this thread with a dire warning:

Do not start down this path. It will lead only to ruin.

...But if you're already on it, http://clubtokyo.org/ is a great resource for Kaiju and Toku toys.

I remember discovering that site back in middle school almost 20 years ago

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Forums ate my full response and I'm too lazy to type it all out but the basic jist of it is that those two Ultraman Sofubi highlight and exacerbate the flaws and limitations of the medium for humanoid figures while that Sevenger one shows how to work within those same limits and make something appealing

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Both that robot and that Arashi figure further highlight how one should do more humanoid Sofubi figures and not end up with something dull like most Ultraman or Kamen Rider Sofubi I've seen