Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Hi.
Total lurker here. I’ve always really liked the look of vinyl toys/kaiju. I mostly just kept up on posts in the action figure thread, but aside from that never really knew where to start.
Last week I went to New York comic con and could not pass up on this guy.

Konatsu Daioh Negora Bengal Tiger

Definitely found my first artist to collect as there is just something about the Negora that make me smile.

Already made a few small orders and have been scouring the internet for information. Are there any other forums/communities for sofubi or good sources of news? Just trying to feed my obsession:)

So glad this thread came around at the perfect time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Really nice King Negora colourway!

Thank you for putting together the info and for this thread! Your posts have definitely been an inspiration. I’ll check out the links and hopefully be able to broaden my collection/knowledge on the subject (and I know my collection will include a Witch cat eventually!)

I’ve followed a bunch of vendors and Konatsu on Twitter/Instagram and will hopefully know of any future releases.

Do you have a recommendation as to where to purchase previously released items? (eBay etc)

Edit:

Lol just got a tweet from my plastic heart that the Halloween Negora goes on sale at 2pm.

Edit: wow those sold out fast:/

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 13, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Really digging the pictures. Love seeing people’s collections and just being exposed to more artists.

Hope these aren’t against the thread as they are not sofubi per se, but are part of the vinyl artist gatcha. I found two more artists who’s designs clicked, Shoko Nakazawa and Core Kashi. Just ordered some small items to add to the collection before starting to look for larger figures.(also pictured the VAG 28 Negora set)

Devilman Byron

Rinkaku Gecko Spotted Snow Neon Green & Teal

Also had some luck on a limited release. I was able to snag this guy who is resin but also awesome (not my pic)

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 26, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks! The cat was super cool and it was him or the boss Tiger. But I figured I could grab another colourway of the Tiger at a later date.

There were a few really cool figures from that artist (or on his site). Andy the cat was one, I think?

That Byron is really nice. I appreciate your photo replies. One because your collection is really cool to see and it also is nice to see more things of similar type in a more natural setting than an eBay thumbnail.

<edit>
Wooo I was just able to score one of sixteen Jack-o-lantern Negora!

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 21, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
That Audrey II is amazing (also hey there fellow silipint user)

Gatos that’s a really cool colourway of your Lulu. That Reaper is great, and every picture you post is like a where’s Waldo in the background cheking out the other cool figs. I love it!

And for my content, here is my newest addition an orange micro Negora

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
sofubi really covers a lot of styles/genres. I love seeing new stuff so this thread is the best!

Today was a big mail day so here are some pics (raining outside so boring interior shots)

My two main October acquisitions Konatsu Jack-o-lantern Negora and 100% Soft dumpster fire candy corn. Also received an Eleking Negora and a mini Negora.

Cool picture showing the glow in the dark pigments on the Halloween Negora

And a bonus sofubi adjacent thing. These guys were a Tokidoki and Sonic thing. Some cute kaiju

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Can’t wait for pictures, I’ve seen some of the items going to be there on instagram. Thank you Gatos.

Here is the newest addition to my burgeoning collection. This guy came up on some saved search in eBay for a reasonable price and was just too cool to pass up on.

Bwana Spoons little chonk Globby

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Wow lots to go over on those shelves! Nice looking display front and center Gatos!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those electronic gasha machine are cool. I hope they adopt them in the states at some point.

Bought an eBay auction for 3 random vag from a pile of decent stuff and it arrived today

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Nice pick ups! That last clear one is really nice not seen that before.

I’m pretty sure I was watching that Tripus too lol.

This thread is definitely not budget friendly

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
That is really cool. I love the colourway! The style isn’t quite one I would collect but I really appreciate seeing pictures of peoples collections!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Snagged a Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah in honor of Godzilla day and fomo.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

What are you, a wizard? Or did this colorway last more than 10 seconds after the drop? Grats, they're cool sculpts. I got the Godzilla vs Hedorah poster from the drop, but I've given up trying to score any of the sofubi.

I was really surprised that they lasted as long as they did (a fair few minutes). I was able to add each and checkout in less than a minute (was on ipad). I just had my account with my saved address and was logged into PayPal. Contrarily I tried for some goofy limited 100% soft dumpster and that thing was sold out instantly.

Great pics as always Gatos. Cool Hedorahss and that king Negora🤩! I really dig the sculpt they use at Mondo with the big goofy eyes. Seeing as I now collect Godzilla🤷‍♂️Lol, I’m going to keep my eye out for some more of the more popular kaiju in some cool colourways.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Latest addition arrived this afternoon. Never realized how difficult neon pink vinyl is to photograph.

Really dig the sculpt on this guy, MaxToy co mini Eyezon

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
I’m always amazed at the breadth this hobby spans. The style and subject matter varies so greatly between companies/artists it’s great.

This guy is such a cool weird figure, he reminds me of a Morty.

<edit>
Another few additions to the collection. Gargamel crouching Dethra and micro Thrashman. Got inspired by you SWORD agent after that cool clear green one you posted. Really like the aesthetic they have going on

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 6, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Super collection Pork Fried! That Daioh Negora is amazing. Who is the little guy just in front of him?

I have seen that salamander a bunch on my Instagram and each time i edge closer to wanting one. This has not helped lol

Gatos, that Ultraman is really cool. The pose, the textures. It’s so good. Is it from a show or just one artists take on it?

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 10, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

He’s from Ultraman episode 18 “Brother From Another Planet”. An alien race comes to earth claiming they can remove a toxic fog that has appeared, in the name of peace. The Zarab aliens are actually invaders (surprise surprise) and also shape shifters. The Zarab disguises itself as Ultraman to destroy Tokyo so humanity will turn against our hero. But Ultraman defeats him in the end. This is Nirasawa’s take on the “Fake Ultraman”

Found the whole first season on YouTube! Never really watched so I’m looking forward to seeing all these kaiju in action.

I’d love to goto designercon as my Instagram feed is nothing but cool limited figures. But I’m on the other side of the country so I’ll have to live vicariously through others lol

Got a notification that my Mondo Godzilla day items are out for delivery so hopefully I’ll post pictures of those and the one other thing I got the other day

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Had myself all ready for the rotofugi drop, then forgot till 5 mins after :/

Got my Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah yesterday. They are really nice with subtle metallic paints on both.

Love how goofy Hedorah is

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Got my Spookster (aka resin sas cat) in today and man am I impressed with this little guy. He is really cool and I hope the yokai forest line expands.

Also won an auction and received a Baby Wananeko a few days ago but was waiting for the pair to take pics

Another cool thing about the Spookster was all the neat extras that got included

Only bad thing is this makes me sad I missed the release of the space cowboy wananeko at comic con as I was not really into the hobby yet

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

Pork Fried Wrighst posted:

Got my Salamander Kaiju today. Looks like they sold out too, so I'm glad I was able to pick one up.

Also showing off these adorable Momoco x Gatchaman mini figs that I got recently. I love Momoco Studio so much, I have so many of their toys. They just put up this collaboration with Ghost Fox Toys that I'm really digging.

https://www.strangecattoys.com/products/bio-shark-weapon-by-momoco-x-ghost-fox-toys

That Salamander is a great figure. Real nice get!

Those Momoco x Gatchaman are super cute and look perfect around the salamander kaiju

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those mold/mask pictures are very cool Gatos. Thank you for posting them. Add me to the list of people who dream of one day producing a sofubi, so the pictures and your knowledge shine a light on the whole process.

And sorry for a picture dump. Been real busy so I was unable to get a post together till today.

First new addition is a Racoon Seedlas by Shoko Nakazawa. So shiny and cute.

Watched some popshop live Sunday morning which resulted in these; Milky Way Negora, cool sherbet colored Nyagira and an awesome red and black Godzilla 1999 by CCP.

Last just came in today (mostly). Picked up these two wild RealXHead guys since they are weird and look great under black light. Also Got a Halloween Shibara last week or so.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

So not directly sofubi related, but figured there's probably enough interest here...

Toho has licensed a bunch of Godzilla stuff recently and there is now a landing page on amazon for all things Godzilla: https://www.amazon.com/godzilla

Oh that’s a neat little shopfront. Definitely will be picking up some stuff. Thanks for finding that.

Also Gatos any better preview of that new Lulu? The sparkle purple is looking nice!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sure! I got a late start today so didn’t finish them as planned. But here’s a sneak. Clear pink over silver glitter

Looking really sharp. Glitter and crazy colour schemes are one of the things I love about sofubi. Looking forward to adding that Lulu to my collection when they are ready!

Failson posted:

I come to this thread with a dire warning:

Do not start down this path. It will lead only to ruin.

...But if you're already on it, http://clubtokyo.org/ is a great resource for Kaiju and Toku toys.

Where were you two months ago! The slipperyness of this slope is no joke. But it’s a fun ride!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

That pink glitter looks so good! Going to be keeping an eye on your site tomorrow

The Xmas tree display is super cute. If I didn’t fear my dog might chomp one I’d put some by the trees we have on tv stand thing.

Agent, cool pick ups. That console is really neat! Makes me wonder what other cool non figure sofubi things exist (I’ve seen a few buildings and a vehicle or two, but considering the genre I’m surprised there aren’t more , but I’m guessing it’s more that they are rare or I havnt really looked in the right places)

I need to take pictures of my recent additions so I think I’m going to take a page from each of your books and do a little Xmas tree display. Just waiting on a few more deliveries.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those are wild! The school of fish kaiju is such a crazy concept but it works

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm not going down this rabbit hole... yet but I do own a few of the smaller kaiju and at least ten Ultramen, because I deserve it. They pair nicely with tiny buildings or against Transformers!

e: Photographing when I have no good surfaces available is tough!

Sofubi addiction is real lol

Cool pieces you have. Seeing your Ultraman reminds me I need to get an Ultraman at some point . Also thanks for the pics, I always love seeing people’s collections.

MechaOctobot fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 6, 2021

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Speaking of Monster Patrol, look who showed up!

Lulu is a large gal! And full of stickers! And I can finally rest since I finally picked up a glitter Ultraman.
:toot:

I picked up a couple DCon leftovers that I'll post some other time, I've got a nice little spot for them at my 'desk' (I need to stop buying Sofubi and maybe buy an actual desk...)

Ohh nice pick ups! Can’t wait too see your other pics.

Also can’t wait for...

No rush or anything lol

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Thank you, folks!

edit:

If you were one of the people who's ordered one they went out today and you should have been emailed the tracking number. DM me if you didn't get the email.

Got my email this afternoon!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Sword, really cool pick ups. Those Galaxy people are neat. Going to be busy day at that computer console.

Gatos thank you for sharing another cool weird sofubi!.
(Stealing your idea) Got my last sofubi of 2021 in the mail today!

This was the result of my first successful sofubi lottery, Oh! Peter got hurt! by Ouch & Oops.

I’ve been after one of these since I saw them on Instagram so I was super excited to get a lottery spot.

Next up is baby Wananeko by StickUp Monsters

I have an old resin version I got off eBay so it’s nice to have the sofubi version now.

Still planning on taking some collection photos for end of year/new year.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

Got my first order of 2022 in the mail today. The Konatsu x Ultraman set is much nicer in person. The figures are a bit more substantial than I expected.

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those Sunguts guys are so nice!

Finally got around to taking some collection photos. I’ll just post the Konatsu for now as it’s the best one:)

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014
Those spiral glow horns are amazing!

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

Love the ufo! I’m going to need to get a tiny cow to scale now!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Javier’s BigCartel site has been updated so you can see how much the new Wananekos etc will be.

https://stickupmonsters.bigcartel.com

Going for a Tiger Wananeko. It’s always a tough choice with his work

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh hey somebody bought the Lulu :shobon:

She went really fast! Happy I got my first proper Wananeko coming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaOctobot
Jan 3, 2014

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Really cool that it went to a goon! Also, I need to get my hands on a Janet!

Here's February's budget blown early; a Paul Kaiju Domino Jack. I was really pumped to get a painted one of these, but set my alarm an hour late for the drop. Especially dumb as I work in telecom, and have translated timezones daily for years... That being said, I was still happy to grab a blank. Not sure how the color comes across, but it's a slightly peachy red which is fairly interesting in person. I'd love to add an Electric Sparkman down the road to go with him.

and for those that like pictures, I pulled out a bunch of risers that I was using for action figures and arranged the cabinet, so here's a full collection pic.

Awesome collection! love the Ultraman gang. It’s always great to see the same sculpt in a ton of colourways