Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yamaton kicks rear end, holy poo poo.

I don't have a collection per se, but I love these, so I love these pics! I have a question though; while sofubi are soft vinyl, not all soft vinyl figures are sofubi, correct?

Baragon is sofubi, but

not Godzilla?

Godzilla's a soft vinyl, but that one is a mass produced one, so that just makes him a figurine, I'm guessing, do I have that right?

And not officially part of my collection yet, this Marmit Audrey II is on her way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

That Ultraman print is great! I'll have to keep an eye on the artist. We moved not too long ago and finding space for all the wall art we had at the old house has been a challenge.

Attack Peter does some collabs with Mondo doing Godzilla prints, and they put out a statuette in that style recently; they go fast as heck off the site though, I think the only in-stock thing is a few sizes of a Godzilla-Mothra shirt.

Audrey II arrived, and I was not prepared for how big it ended up being (rainbow pint glass for size comparison).

I'll have to scare up the rest of my meager collection, since thanks to GYV's explanation, I guess some of my guys actually do fit the bill.

I love that Halloween Lulu, and please tell me more about that Skeleton having a great time in the background of this picture.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 22, 2021

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I got a Lulu and an Ultraman!

:same:

GYV, I've got a bone to pick with you. I buy a Frankenlulu, and then today on Instagram I see a hint of a pink glitter Lulu?!

I'm a sucker for anything Halloween, glitter or GiD...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MechaOctobot posted:

Snagged a Mondo Godzilla and Hedorah in honor of Godzilla day and fomo.

What are you, a wizard? Or did this colorway last more than 10 seconds after the drop? Grats, they're cool sculpts. I got the Godzilla vs Hedorah poster from the drop, but I've given up trying to score any of the sofubi.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Speaking of Monster Patrol, look who showed up!

Lulu is a large gal! And full of stickers! And I can finally rest since I finally picked up a glitter Ultraman.
:toot:

I picked up a couple DCon leftovers that I'll post some other time, I've got a nice little spot for them at my 'desk' (I need to stop buying Sofubi and maybe buy an actual desk...)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

As promised here's the DCon leftovers I picked up.

Aimodo Robot! This one's fun because spinning its head around gives you two face options and it came with several right arms (and what I guess is meant to be a space helmet if you take the head off?)

Fossil Pods!

I like dinos. I like bugs. I like these.

Yoskay Yamamoto Moon Flower and Dongo.
I'll never be able to afford any of his wall art, so these are the next best thing!

E: Dongo wasn't a DCon leftover it was released as part of a show he did with Giant Robot in LA.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 10, 2021

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Happy end of 2021 everybody! :toot:

Picked up a Wonder Goblin Krampus before the holidays!

And then this big boy arrived about a month or so sooner than I was anticipating!

I found out about the Splatterhouse line from Unbox waaaaaaay too late to get any of the original run at a reasonable price, though I'm hoping they make another run of the original Rick/a re-release in a new color way, but for now I'm good with this fella.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

God I want that gigantic Godzilla. Alas...

A straggler I ordered before the holidays finally arrived!

Hedorah-looking bong from lukesmellsgood. My only disappointment is it will not fit into my Splatterhouse figure's beefy hands.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:sickos: I love the r LikeSmellsGood stuff. One of these days I have to get one of those smogbongs

But I’m the meantime…

The color I got was the 'dirty' variant of the DCon drop (it was a leftover). Then I saw he made a neon GID colorway :argh:. He's also done a few where the bong is the head of the figure, doing a collab with LeeeeeeToy, clearly you'll get your smogbong someday!

That Hedorah color is sick. Is that one of your paint jobs?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Could you perhaps "accidentally" ship one of those to me instead of their intended destination?

That is some awesome work; love the star eyes.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

All those Godzillas.....

I recall some discussion of these earlier in the thread, Galaxy People are going to be releasing another console this weekend.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh man, those are cool.
I like the retro sci-fi aesthetic you got going on, between these and the HEAPs.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Maybe a silly question, but just to be sure, I'm going to be moving soon, is there any sort of special precautions I ought to take for packing up my sofubi? I'm planning to put tissue paper around them, but figured I'd ask here.

On a positive note, I'll have more space to set up an actual display, rather than a bunch of 'mini-displays' based on where I have room :v:

I picked up my first Onigiri, and finally got a Chirasu-Chan. The colorway isn't my favorite (at least not compared to other drops I missed out on), but I've wanted one for a while, so Cutie Honey-color it is!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I dunno if anybody else is a fan of the Yoskay Yamamoto sofubi, but Giant Robot dropped a new glow-in-the-dark version of Dongo.

Yeah, I'm gonna be livin' that double Dongo lifestyle...

In other news, Creature Bazaar did a drop today that I missed because Gmail shuffled their email to my promotions folder instead of my inbox. Booooo, I was keen on those Headlock ducks.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:toot: Marmit GID Mothman arrived! :toot:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dang, I want that Biollante; but if I'm getting a decent explanation via google translate, they're only being sold at a certain store?

On that topic, finding Biollante at a reasonable price seems drat near impossible in either form. Is it a less commonly made figure/small runs? Are the appendages a pain? I figure there's a reason that the ones I see are so pricey.

I think Mondo's doing a run at some point, so maybe I can get one of those...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Thanks for the Biollante advice!

My move is complete, so I've got the majority of my guys unpacked (quicker and easier than unpacking the kitchen...)

So here's a few of my guys!

A few Hanamusic bugs!

My Ohonnekos.
When the 'Big Dinosaur' line was first announced, they hinted at a King Ghidorah one, but I doubt that's still in the works...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Heads up for anyone in the LA area: Monsterpalooza is this weekend and M1 is going to be there as usual- They usually have trikes and such at their booth, but you gotta get there early as a lot of those desirable items sell out quickly. http://www.monsterpalooza.com/spring/artists.html

The Ultraman kaiju list that's good is the Ultra fandom wiki

Gojipedia is the best for english kaiju listings https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

I saw Creature Bazaar is going to be there with a re-release of the M1 'Sandworm' Reptilicus.

Trikes and sandworms, and me on the opposite coast. Bummer.

Shimomoku released 'Bell' via a US seller, and it arrived yesterday.

(I love the li'l chilling figure on the bottom right).

Of course, as soon as it arrived, I see it's going to be made in a purple/blue colorway in the future... :negative:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Those cats are rad as gently caress.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There's so many fun Shin Eyezons, that guts one is great, I liked the Wonder Goblin paints that dropped a couple weeks ago, but given he's such a beefy boy, that's in my camp of 'I've got one, I'm all set'.

I'm secure in my decision.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

I dunno that ufo cat in the background is pretty neato too. And speaking of neato I finally got in the mail the best kaiju ever:

This is what sofubi perfection looks like :colbert:. Real talk though, I like the Konatsuya mode of "ordinary animal but it's a kaiju" because it's a nice entry point when you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of all kaiju. Too many drat Negora varations though, but I can't be mad at them for making what sells.

That's Abnyan!

It came with a sticker depicting other spaceship animals (like an elephant and giraffe) so there may be future styles.

And speaking of too many Negoras...

That owl's really cool.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got Abnyan one of the bugs I posted earlier from T-Base https://www.tbasejpn.com They've got some real fun pieces, and oddballs.

They sold out of that Dennou Daiku you posted, but they have a few other kitsunes for much cheaper than that link.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Of course when I decide to take break on sofubi, not only do I come across a lottery, but I actually win. :v:

Aimodo did a drop of two of their pieces together, abduction spaceship and obake lantern.

I love how weird they both are.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 15, 2022

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Mondo is doing a big ol drop at SDCC this year!

https://mondoshop.com/pages/comic-con

They usually sell from the website while the variants are located at comic con proper. Try and score some Godzilla stuff yo.

Oh my my my that Biollante...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I can't track down the picture I saw of a guy holding it, but that Biolante is huge!

Also, I didn't realize that MaxToy had Godzilla sculpts.

https://twitter.com/quackmaxx/status/1542977201154703360?s=20&t=1Q-uS4-lBRU8F9qETlNW7Q

It looks like they're wonderfest / Japan only, but I'm really liking the Shin and 2000 versions. I scrolled back through his posts and apparently the Shin had a UV shift release!

You mean this pic?

Considering this one and the JJ are 400 pieces, maybe there's a chance of snagging one; unlike when the Godzilla and Hedorah cherry blossom colors were pretty much gone before they even went up on the site.

Speaking of, I picked up the OG color when it came out, and now I'm having that moment of 'of course I should have waited for GID!'

He's fun though. As much as I like Godzilla I have surprisingly few actual Godzilla pieces in my collection. Just him, a tiny Baragon, and Chibi Godzilla set that came out a few years ago.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, shipping with Mondo has always been pretty pricey, it's kind of 'it is what it is' if you're that interested in the piece. It's funny I can justify it to myself for a sofubi or the occasional tiki mug for somebody, but a poster?! Oh heavens no, that's egregious! (Except the one time I had a free shipping code)

I snagged the Biollante ASAP, but it looks like both it and JJ are still in stock. Maybe I'll have forgotten all about the shipping price when it gets here... in February.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or not with the February thing, if not, ouch. Then again silly me preordered a game from Limited Run Games and god knows if that will show up ever. Might even be in February and then we can be shipping buddies? It's been two and a half hours since the Godzilla sofubis went up on Mondo I'm surprised they're still in stock tbh.

No joke, unfortunately, but hey. We can totally be half a year out shipping buddies :v:.

The upside is, it might be one of the things that slips my mind eventually and then I end up super jazzed when a mystery package arrives!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There's so many cool color combo/variants on those Ultramans (Ultramen?); and those Sunguts guys are awesome.

Turbinosamente posted:

Thanks for the link! And well, here's the damage so far:

What's up, Bell buddy :v:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

Oh nice, thanks for telling me the name of it! I'll have to keep an eye out for ufo animals.

Bubble Wrapp Toys dropped some Abnyans yesterday (the little kitty glows in the dark now!). But they announced it like, 30 minutes before they did a Popshop live show, so I don't know if there'll be any on their site proper. But it might be worth checking.

Semi-related, I picked up an antique shelf-thing that I'm 99% sure was for little religious icons. But guess what it's the perfect size for?

Now to decide who gets the top honor...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The next Mondo Biollante drops today, and I'm trying to restrain myself because goddamn I am a sucker for that sort of colorway. Much like with the SDCC drop, it's not shipping until February though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah there's 'original' and a bright green coming down the pipe, and a solid red JJ. Honestly, that one and the 'medic' color they dropped are both kind of duds if you ask me.

I think there's going to be a fifth color of each at some point like they did with Godzilla and Hedorah.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

Good idea, I could use some background noise while I wrestle with my budget. Related to that, what do y'all think of Candie Bolton's work? I don't know if I want to spend the bucks on one of her big customs. And I'm sure you all know why this idea entered into my head today too.

I like her stuff, but hoo boy, the prices on some of her pieces. I might spring for a Bake-Kujira someday (IIRC Wonder Goblin did the molds, and there was a smaller version).

I've got an old one she painted, back before I even knew what sofubi was. I was just like 'Oh hey, neat! A weird little elephant duck.'

She also designed a few gacha-style ones, which are more budget friendly, called Oh My Yokai. Some of them you can buy individually, these ones came in a set only, but I liked the color and sparkle. There's also a set of more 'traditional' looking ones like fu dog/dragon/horse.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Here's a size comparrison pic.

Those are all cool. I love those M1 trikes; you lucky duck.

That is adorable. Is it from Red Shark; or am I just thinking that because it's a red(-dish) shark?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

Edit: I just checked Instagram, I missed them didn't I?

I think Gatos wrote the wrong date on the posts; I saw the posts yesterday evening and they said 'tomorrow the 18th'.

I have no idea what time they drop though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Snowy posted:

The one on the top right with hands for nipples is very disturbing

Turbinosamente posted:

And those are indeed the latest Konatsuya drops. Qpop shop and Strangecat Toys already released them, My Plastic Heart is just about to. And yeah I've never warmed up to Pigora (tiny nipple hands) either.

I somehow never saw Pigora before recently, and I was tickled pink by his horrific little arms. Plus I like budgies.

If anyone's still on the hunt for a holiday Konatsu, Bubblewrapp drops theirs tonight at 8PM CST.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Now he just needs someone to wrestle.

Might I suggest A Pigora with his horrid little grasping arms? :v:

Things that look like Hedorah are my favorite sofubi. That's Banorah (hairy and normal) from Bwana Spoons.

Cutting back on sofubi next year, but I've got a few sitting in pre-orders that will totally surprise me when they get here, so that kind of counts as getting a new ones! (looking at you, Cherry Blossom Biollante...)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Look who's here!

(First time I've had a sofubi show up in a fancy box!)

With JJ for scale:

I need to go find my black light to see how well it glows! And maybe figure out a little wall shelf set-up for my slew of GID guys.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Saw that Mondo's dropping a gold glitter Jet Jaguar tomorrow in honor of the 50th anniversary of Godzilla vs. Megalon and a little cheaper than other JJ drops at $75.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shiroc posted:

Do any of the Mondo ones not sell out in seconds?

The Jet Jaguars haven't sold out (other than OG color and SDCC), and the last Biollante variant was still in stock recently.

IIRC the Godzilla and Hedorah runs were like, half the size of what these were. (I also think the JJ variants are really bland, though the glitter is cool).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Aw man, SpaceGodzilla drop tomorrow?!