Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Screenbid’s selection isn’t terrible? They’ve got some P&R stuff, but you have to search for it, it doesn’t come up on the listing of shows because ???

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks I'll check them out.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I made some stuff from the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The books not the show. HBO really did Euron dirty, he's horrifying in the text.
In the Forsaken sample chapter from the Winds of Winter Euron wears a crown made of black iron and shark teeth. I thought that sounded cool so I made one out of polymer clay and a cake pan.

That was fun, so I decided to make another thing based on fan theories for Winds of Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. It's suggested that Euron is a failed student of the Three Eyed Crow and that he might have a psychic showdown with Bran at some point. I figure for that to happen Bran's mentor has to die, and I'd guess Euron kills him on the astral plane or some poo poo. I thought it'd be badass for Euron to wear a three eyed crow's skull for a necklace.

I hadn't really sculpted since middle school art class, so they are pretty amateurish, but they were a fun covid project anyway.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Best prop/wardrobe auction!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

quote:

There is some sort of hard substance on the towel that I don't believe can be removed but it does not take away from the effect of the fabric.

Hot

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Cellular peptides, baby :grin:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Aw yeah

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Replica I assume???

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Replica I assume???

It began as an officially licensed replica, but pretty much only the main board body has been retained. Modifications from the person I got it from include:

1. Accurate 3D Lenticular material
2. Accurate vinyl decals
3. Pink and green Velcro added
4. Recessed areas filled on top deck
5. Handlebar hole added to top deck
6. Battery box and linkages built for bottom.
7. Magnets repainted to correct colors
8. Aluminum discs added to "magnets"
9. Strap replaced with accurate white webbing with pink fur

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lol Screenbid are wild. They did an auction of wardrobe pieces for a show recently. One item I was vaguely interested in received no bids when it started at $50, so went unsold. They now have it listed in their regular sales listings for $75! :psyduck:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Recent acquisitions:

Helmet is brass, rocketpack is aluminum.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That's neat. I haven't seen that movie since it was in theaters.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I thought this thread might be interested in my current project. I've bought replica plaster cast of an Eames House tile. I'm not a huge Frank Lloyd fan, but I love Blade Runner, and it appears in Deckard's apartment. I'm trying to figure out the best way to hang it. It's about 13 lbs, so it has to be robust. I'm worried about drilling into it and cracking the plaster. If anybody has any recommendations on how to do it, I'd love to hear them.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Happy about my new helmet

https://i.imgur.com/qdJe6SO.mp4

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

That's a dope rear end helmet.

Anybody ever come across a prop IRL?

My buddy is launching a distillery and I was helping him do his first bottling run. I noticed two of these adjustable Clippard valves on the bottle rinser. I recognized them from Ghostbusters proton packs. Kinda amusing to see a prop component doing it's day job.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Just added to the collection:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Just found these buried deep in storage! Genuinely thought I’d lost them in a move 10 years ago, but they were in a crappy bag I wouldn’t have looked in.

Costumes from Time Bandits! These were worn by David Warner’s minions, but I need to see if I can screen match whose is whose.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Wow, that's rad! I don't have any screen used props at all.

That Deadpool mask (head?) also owns.

It's not really cosplay, but I like clothes that are from my favorite media that I can wear everyday. I have no interest in a shirt that just says 'Stranger Things,' but when I found a Hellfire Club shirt I had to have it. I love stuff like that. I found this AFC Richmond hat and scarf from Ted Lasso at Spirit Halloween and picked it up. Most halloween commercial costumes are awful quality, and I was expecting that, but this is a tier or two above that.

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/adult-rebecca-welton-costume-kit-ted-lasso/238325.uts

Edit: Too give you a better idea, it's precisely the same quality as the Rangers hat I bought on the street corner outside Madison Square Garden before a hockey game.

deoju fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 29, 2022

gregday
May 23, 2003

My fixation on helmets and masks continues. Just picked up this amazing fan made Ant-Man helmet.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
I've slowly amassed somewhat of a collection of odds and ends, most absolutely unrecognizable, some having literal glorious frames of screen time. Slowly cataloging it all, and the replicas, but below are some original used props/costumes.

Here's a few odds and ends;

Bullets from Last Voyage of the Demeter, and a sidecap insignia from Das Boot Season II (I have more stuff, just not handy, including the submarine escape re-breather, a life vest, a rain cap (Season I), a couple of the firearms used, and spent casings from the autocannon).

British naval infantry bicorn from the yet unreleased Napoleon, I think a couple can be seen in trailer.

This one, has a funny story to it. Small chance I managed to screen match it, to the few frames where these show up in the nearly 3 hour film. Full points to anyone who identifies what it is. I really love this one because it looks great on the living room wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Here’s a few things I have. First is a couple airplane safety cards from Iron Fist

Also a license plate from a Bone Thugs-N-Harmony video and a matchbook from Luke Cage. Looks like I could have shot that matchbook better!