Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao

YOU CAN HAVE A BEZEL, IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Lmao

sick windows peak

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Lmao

But the touchscreen works well on it, right?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
My favorite part of the apple laptop screen notch is there’s a button to slightly shrink your screen so you have a virtual bezel so the notch doesn’t get in the way

Wow. So elegant.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh my third g14 arrived and is setting up how exciting. Will it suck? Of course of course it will.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh my third g14 arrived and is setting up how exciting. Will it suck? Of course of course it will.
Speakers seem to cause roughly the same amount of vibration, and while the newest one doesn't seem to click when fan activates but it runs much hotter. Like 7c hotter. Also the display is kind of yellow.

edit: Okay probably more like 4c.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 12, 2022

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Duck and Cover posted:

Speakers seem to cause roughly the same amount of vibration

My laptop's speakers made all sorts of hums, buzzes, and robot fart noises depending on CPU & video activity. There's zero noise insulation on the amplifier at all. So I opened it up and disconnected the speakers entirely. I use headphones 99% of the time anyways.

OTOH my craptop cost about three fiddy. My attitude to laptops is buy cheap and embrace the suck.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have a Dell G7 15 7500 and it's fantastic. I can still play any game I want at max settings. I don't play the latest FPSs though so I don't know how that'd work. It's great but the sound is terrible. The quality is fine but the basic volume I have it on is 70% at the lowest. I've tried a bunch of software stuff to increase the volume with limited success. It is what it is.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have a Dell G7 15 7500 and it's fantastic. I can still play any game I want at max settings. I don't play the latest FPSs though so I don't know how that'd work. It's great but the sound is terrible. The quality is fine but the basic volume I have it on is 70% at the lowest. I've tried a bunch of software stuff to increase the volume with limited success. It is what it is.

Is your game Wordle?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

more like craptop heyoooo

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
I have a Legion 5 Pro I paid $1100 dollars for

Maybe you should get one of those OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown