Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bad Purchase posted:

Some of this is just unbelievable and I'm probably taking the bait by replying, but here we go.

:words:

I don't care that you hate apple or whatever, that's fine and there are plenty of valid reasons for it, but not being able to figure out how to do basic stuff that millions of people do without issue is a pretty terrible one, lol.

here do mine:

Klyith posted:

Apple support is some bullshit that tells you they are the best over and over until you believe it.

I have an aunt who was having disabling medical issues from the spring through about a month ago. While this was going on she got an email from apple that her macbook was on the list for a battery recall. Since I was visiting her I made a 1 hour trip up to syracuse to the nearest apple store to get it replaced, because she was spending 90% of her day lying down with the laptop in bed. Made the advance appointment through apple's service app, was thinking "wow I guess this is what you pay for".

I was extremely disappointed by apple's legendary service. When I got there they told me that they'd be boxing it up and shipping it to a service center, 2-3 weeks turnaround time. I was like "what the gently caress did I come all the way here for then?" -- apple's messages on the subject implied that you could ship it to them or have it fixed at an apple store. No mention that the 'genius bar' was just a more involved method of shipping it.

And when I was unhappy and asking if there was any other way to do this, the guy said they could do a battery replacement on site right then -- if I paid like $200 for a new battery rather than doing the recall replacement.

tl;dr gently caress apple and their fake-rear end luxury brand image

(my aunt is better now, but still buys apple everything.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

tango alpha delta posted:

lol, "i'm a computr janitor whose brain is full i cant learn anymore.txt"

c'mon man, i'm 53 and all totally comfortable using everything from legacy Silicon Graphics supercomputers to iPads and everything in between. just for fun i rewrote the engineering firmware in the Commodore 64 disk drive to make it transfer data faster AND, decades later, i doodle on my iPad with Procreate and Nomad Sculpt.

tldr: you have no excuse for your ignorance if you are willing to learn.

lmao is that what you say to friends and family who have computer problems also?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Duck and Cover posted:

Speakers seem to cause roughly the same amount of vibration

My laptop's speakers made all sorts of hums, buzzes, and robot fart noises depending on CPU & video activity. There's zero noise insulation on the amplifier at all. So I opened it up and disconnected the speakers entirely. I use headphones 99% of the time anyways.

OTOH my craptop cost about three fiddy. My attitude to laptops is buy cheap and embrace the suck.