Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

this is why u should buy a few years old thinkpad and then install a linux and spend lots of time telling people about your thinkpad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

yeah so i recently got a chromebook

wasnt planning on a chromebook but it had what i was lookin for and i got a really good deal

still not 100% sure about chromeos but its fine so far for random poo poo. anyway thanks for reading, bye

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

The security department at work is desperately trying to force chrome OS based desktops onto everyone in the company. Not just the customer service slaves, which they’ve succeeded in doing, but now the engineers and poo poo are their next target. And since “it’s for security” is the same as saying “it stops terrorism” I’m positive that it’ll happen regardless of any protest or demonstration that they won’t be able to do their jobs anymore.

Not just chrome os. A special custom chrome os that is all locked down and worse than normal

The point I’m trying to get at here is gently caress chrome os

its fine for like browsing the internet and reading some ebooks and watching youtubes etc but lol at trying to use them as work computers for engineers