Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

My work laptop has 3 USB-C ports and nothing else. It's ok when you plug it into a $250 docking station that needs its own gigantic heat sink and fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Lol

98% of USB stuff I get or come across are still the old style USB port. This forceful removal of normal USB ports brought on by Apple is loving hilarious.

Yes they were right about getting rid of floppy drives and disc drives but this isn't even remotely the same thing. I still have yet to come across a USB-C thumb drive, hard drive, or printer even once in my entire life.

I work with embedded hardware and need like a dozen old rear end USB things connected at any given time.

On the one hand I'm pretty impressed by how much just one these newfangled ports can handle (power, two monitors, Ethernet, etc.). But a desktop would be better and cheaper and very much less stupid.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

My 2007 MacBook Pro still runs. It won't let me install anything, but it probably could!

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Another reason Mac is Wack. I can take a Windows computer from 1997 and install whatever the gently caress I want on it.

Yeah, at one point it decided the next OS update was incompatible because its model number was too old. I don't think there was any technical reason preventing it. Let me use my laughably old things Crapple :argh: