Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The MacBook pro's with m1 pro chips are great (looking at grabbing the 14 inch one soon). So are the cheaper m1 airs for that matter. Great basic laptops with killer battery life. I have a MacBook pro 13 inch from 2015 I picked up used three summers ago for $600 bucks, and it's served me well till now, as it's getting a little long in the tooth, 7 years later. If I buy a new pro for $2,000, and it lasts me 5-7 years, I'm fine with that. But I will always have a desktop mac too. (ergonomically for a full workday require a larger display and proper seated position, but I travel enough for work I need a laptop as well.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

That's nice but sometimes I like to play games on my laptop (I do have a desktop too) and Apples attitude towards anything a user might want is "gently caress off we'll tell you want you want". Worse though is how the poo poo they do that is bad tends to be copied worse by other companies. They do manage for the most part to make hardware that is well put together as oppose to garbage which I suppose is nice.

It's less gently caress off and more they're at war with NV, and not enough other companies have ported/want to play with metal. Still, down the road I think this will be fixed with online streaming services. I can play halo on a new MacBook pro easier than I could on my PS5, which is wild. I will say not having access to the latest age of empires on the mac is a bummer though. RTS are perfect on computers.