Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My two laptops were an older ZenBook UX303 which was amazing. After like seven years I needed a new one and it got relegated to media centre duty (and then stolen with everything else a week ago).

It's replacement was a ZenBook UX425. It's also really amazing. I haven't had any problems and the design is light, small but sturdy. I'm not an action-laptop user tho so maybe if you're careening down a mountain it's different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have a desktop for focused work, like if I need to sit down and doing audio work or whatever. My laptop (that I'm posting this on) is my usual computer tho. It's awesome. Just chilling in the lounge, watching a housemate play games and if I want I can go on the balcony and do coding while seeing birds in trees and poo poo.

I guess it makes sense to hate laptops if you're an antisocial shutin tho.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I think Macs are cool but I use an ASUS Zenbook because there's apps I use a lot that are native on it and I don't really care that much about an OS so that's what I do thanks for listening.

Every now and again I check out Linux distros and they've pretty good these days but there's no reason to use them at all for me because I already have a laptop that does the stuff I need, so problem already solved.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Agreed. But the key is to have the right tool for the job, that is why I use a Mac Mini, MacBook Air and iPad Pro 12.9. Plus there is a Lenovo in here for random other stuff. And the wall screen has a Chromebox.

Jesus Christ, this is identical to the room of the self proclaimed entrepreneur guy I knew. A lot of tech and screens with the blinds and brown couch and seats. It's an exact copy, it's wild.

There's no commentary from me on the actual room, it just put me right there mentally with him explaining some business idea he had which I think was a poorly thought out MLM?