Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Yeah I needed something to get me out of a rut and NaNo is always a good time.

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/staggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

50,049 words and ~7,000 of them in the last 24 hours. 7th win overall and 4th in a row.

This has been a weird one for me. I was going strong early on but hit a slump in the last week, resulting in a rush to catch up at the end. I've had no trouble churning out the words once I actually sit down and start writing but have really struggled to do so. I'm just glad I had a scene-by-scene plan ready to go on day 1 because that's removed a lot of the pesky thinking required.

I trialled 4theWords this year and found it interesting. I'm not sure how much it actually helped me write day-to-day but within a given writing session I think having lots of little milestones (the individual monsters you fight) may have helped, even if it was only turning a 1 hour sprint into 1 hour and 15 minutes. If you're on the fence, I'd say give it a try - you get a month free to start with and don't need to give any payment details up front.

I'm nowhere near done with the story but I'll get there eventually.

Congratulations to everyone who took part! Regardless of how many words you wrote, you have more written now than at the start of the month!