Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
well last year was my first time and I fell flat on my face, but I want to try and get my first draft of this philosophical sci-fi book thing done. this should be fun. good luck everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

2634 words for day one of my weird rear end sci-fi novel that is best described as "It's Dune meets Stalker but from the perspective of the guild navigators and everyone is disabled and high on noise music." Wrote a super rough draft of the ending because it came to me in a flash of inspiration as I was taking my daily walk to the grocery store.

Good luck on day two everyone!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

only managed to knock out 1811 words but I still beat my target for the day so I'm calling it a win

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Managed to hit my target for the day at 1,627 words, but boy the scene I wrote today was a total counterpoint to the scene I wrote yesterday. Felt like pulling my fingernails off. But whatever. Tomorrow will be better. On we go!

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

Unfortunately I crashed and burned pretty hard this year. Just 7k, compared to the 15k I managed last year.

Ah well. Maybe next year.

Congratulations to all the winners! :grovertoot: