Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Is pump-and-dump mentality why TCG content creators are constantly putting out content to insist that FaB is a real game and definitely popular? Maybe it's just confirmation bias, but I feel like the only information I ever see is purchasing/finance related or yet another "look how many people are playing this game now, I swear it's a big deal" video.

For full disclosure I like Flesh and Blood a lot as a game so far and despise the MTG Finance and Rudys of the world, and from my perspective it's because a sort of feedback loop has been established. The game is inseparable from the financial element and subsequently it is impossible, completely understandably, to discuss it on it's own merits. As evidenced by the initial discussion that prompted this thread it has a bunch of bad people clamoring around it, and I think people more about playing the game feel like they need to jump in and defend it. I personally wouldn't throw my hat into that ring in any meaningful way because again, skepticism is totally justified and more than anything I personally don't want to come across as a true believer investor-type that I hate. I do not know what the right move is for anyone involved, be it the players or LSS or whoever but I do know one element of that in a broad sense is to get the gently caress away from stupid assholes like Rudy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Sequencing and timing of triggers and the equivalent of MtG's stack and priority passing is absolutely an issue with FaB right now because most people still don't know how it works, including judges. A lot of players are coming over from MtG and treat it like it works exactly the same way with tons of assumptions, and as already mentioned there's a lot of board state tracking and triggers on a given turn so in conjunction with people not knowing the letter of the law the end result is an ideal environment for angle shooting assholes. There are unquestionably harsh growing pains from them aggressively jumping into organized play while simultaneously attracting a very win-at-all-costs competitive style crowd.