Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I’ve come to believe that basically all new TCGs are being manipulated as pump and dump schemes, and even more established TCGs (here I mean Pokémon, as I haven’t heard anything regarding YuGiOh, and I assume we’re all generally familiar with the MTG secondary market) have been in chaos because of market manipulation. Is this all being done by Rudy-likes or are there other groups involved as well. For instance, I know that last year there were a bunch of cases of video creators cracking packs of Pokémon as video content. Is that sort of distinction even meaningful?

And, if there’s anyone who can weigh in on this, what parallels and differences do we see to the current market manipulation in retro video games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU