Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I mean, if you're all this concerned, why don't you file something with the SEC - bwa ha ha ha ha ha heh heheh heh *wipes tear away from eye* whew. Couldn't finish that one with a straight face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Discreetly putting it into play is cheating in itself. You should never be modifying the board state without your opponent being aware.

He missed his trigger, if he wants to fix it he should be asking (like his opponent did)

This times a thousand. This massively undermines the sanctity of competitive play, which I don't say because it has any meaning in and of itself but because that's going to make people not want to bother participating in competitive tournaments. (Like how all NFL teams stopped playing against the Patriots in protest.) If this is how he comports himself on camera how are the players he supposedly defeated supposed to feel like perhaps he didn't alter the game state in other ways? Any transgression must be met strongly or just not at all and make it Monopoly Cheater's Edition.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Isn't that what killed TSR? When those initial print runs go unsold, that's when you have a problem. And storing them somewhere is not free.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Tarnop posted:

We have no idea why FFG didn't renew the license for Netrunner. We don't even know if they were offered the option to renew it.

e: I point to Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn

I thought FFG basically said that it wasn't their choice to not continue, whether WOTC jacked up the price or simply said no. Of course, that could be a saving face maneuver, but since they did the revised core so recently before the end, that would seem odd.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

jeeves posted:

Much like the new release model for Arkham, I’d much rather just buy it all at once for a year than deal with small packs.

Once a year might be a little meager to keep the interest up. Magic probably has the right idea with sets every 3-4 months... at least, back in the before times when you actually had a loving break between product announcements and releases. Who knows, maybe in the world of instant gratification and social media that might just be outmoded.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

admanb posted:

SCG is killing their premium articles service and laying off a bunch of writers because no one's paying to read about competitive Magic anymore. It's a bad scene.

(I re-read this run-on sentence several times and I'm afraid it sounds like I'm criticizing you. I am not; this is purely directed at WotC.)

I can't imagine why that might be. Could it be the massive focus on Arena with its abusive storefront and this cockamamie Alchemy where it is no longer the place to play actual loving Magic but this Magic-adjacent game like Acclaim's Battlemage, or the naked avarice and the oversaturation of promotional products mostly targeting primarily non-competitive EDH players crowding out a huge amount of the mindshare, or the overpowered cards to drive hype causing negative play experiences coupled with the lumbering ponderous responses to problem cards as though metas develop slowly and covertly like it's 1997, or just the explicit abandonment of the pro scene thereby undermining everyone's ability to sincerely commit to the game as a serious hardcore endeavor at a time worthy of your attention instead of a dumb game for babby, all occurring while Magic is making their most money in the history of loving forever so we know they have the resources to fix these issues but they just loving don't because Papa Hasbro needs to wring every last wretched drop from their player base?

Sell your shitcards, kiddos. Just don't use the money to buy Metazoo. Buy something worthy of your time.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Toshimo posted:

lmao source your quotes

Sir Markus Rosewater himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Just heard they're introducing white border?

https://fabtcg.com/articles/fab-20/

Jeez, the original Magic sets were a little before my time, but this sure feels like a time warp.