Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I recently started playing Flesh & Blood just as something new to do as I lost a large collection of MTG, Warmachine/Hordes, and WH 40K last year in a house fire. I just wanted to try something new and slowly start to get my butt out to local stores as things get safer and vaccinations are more wide spread. I know the *~*but my local community bloo bloo*~* stuff is just anecdotal, but I'm always surprised when I see the crap YouTubers like Rudy are putting out there as the local community amongst the four or five stores here that carry the game has been great so far. I don't know if the game will have any kind of lasting presence, but I know content creators like him and other "investors" certainly aren't helping the general impressions of the game.

I'm legitimately not very well tapped in to the money side of card games, so this is a sincere question: When you say the newest set hasn't been selling well, what do you mean? Referring to booster boxes, singles, or what? To be completely transparent, I've spent probably $40 on the game at this point, just on a pre-made deck, some card sleeves, and a couple of fun singles that looked good, so I'm probably the last person this game is now being (maliciously?) marketed to, so I'm not running in here out of breath to defend anything, I don't have any irons in the fire or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I really enjoy it, but I have only been playing the Blitz-format and using very budget-oriented builds. The back-and-forth nature of each player’s turn feels a lot more involved to me than other card games I’ve played. The amount of player knowledge that is required of each class’s capabilities is a bit intimidating though, as there is a lot of feinting, bluffing, and misdirection with how you’ll arrange and time your attack chains.

But this is all coming from someone who hasn’t played MTG since 2008 so for all I know MTG struck all of those chords and more in the last few years. Some of the people at the events I go to locally have dumped a lot of money into their decks, money necessitated by how bullshit and inflated the single card market has been made by investors and poo poo. If it wasn’t for that it really could just be a half-decent alternative to all the typical TCG giants.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

ShaneB posted:

This game is really good btw

The collector/speculator/predatory stuff aside (which is legitimately bad, I’m not hand-waving it), I’ve been having boatloads of fun playing games with the local crew that has adopted the game, and several LGS’s here have cooperated to have multiple FAB events every week. Whether it’s destined to die or not, I’m still currently having fun.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Codeacious posted:

I had some of a thread for FaB written up the night before this one got posted, about purely the game itself since I've loved playing it. I contacted mods and they said I could still post mine, but nobody else here seemed interested in talking about the actual game so I didn't. If there's interest I'll finish it up.

I’ve been loving playing FAB and the community here in Ottawa has been seeing steady growth for months. We’ve got four stores running the Farewell to Rathe events all in the same weekend, all cooperating so we can poopsock drafts all weekend. ProQuests just got announced and a store here scored an event as well. One of the guys in our community Top 8’d at Nationals a few weeks ago and there is some great competitive play every Armoury/Skirmish night.

Blah blah I’d love to have a real thread to chat in even if it doesn’t get a huge amount of traffic. I’d love to help with the post if I can, I’m going to start preparing to hit a bunch of ProQuests in the area in the coming months after Everfest releases (assuming COVID protocols permit of course) so I’d love to brainstorm with more people.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Since there does seem to be a couple of Goons on here that play, I’d be down for playing some FAB over TTS some time if anyone wanted to get games in outside of their local scene. Fire me a PM if you’d want to some time!

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

ShaneB posted:

I love webcam. Are you on the official discord?

I just joined now! I’ve been in the local server and the Canadian one for a while, never bothered to look for the mothership.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Since we have the go ahead from mods I’ll start whipping something up, unless someone is already on it. More than happy to take input from anyone too.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Back Alley Borks posted:

I've got like 60% of a thread written. I just haven't finished it up due to holiday delays. I'll see if I can get it out in the next couple days.

(I renamed my account; see the previous page of posts)

Ahh okay, awesome. Glad to hear it, I’d like to have more people to chat with leading up to the ProQuests coming up and we can even put together some SomethingAwful webcam games or something too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Double posting, but we had some Goon-on-Goon violence on Discord tonight; a classic constructed game between ShaneB and I. Anyone who has been dabbling with the game that wants to play over webcam or anything, hit me up either via PM or on Discord (Buttlord#0217), just let me know who you are so I know!