Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
My two cents.

I like the game cause every game is a game. I also like the game cause there is no total shutdown mechanic like an all counter spell strategy or crazy tefari loop till your opponent concedes.

Each game feels like there is a path to winning. And there is a ton of bluff counter bluff. The actual play strategy is very nuanced and steeped in reading your opponent and piloting your deck well.

The game feels like how I envision a dual between two powerfull individuals would be.

*Edit*
I have the worst resource luck in magic. Even if I take someones amazing deck that wins the current standard non stop. I only get about 1 of 3 games that I don't flood or drought. Then of those I would say half are my opponent flooding or droughting. To help define what I meant by each game is a game. Draft is super fun imo.

On the front of genrics being a couple bonkers every deck uses vs useless. The game has a limited format. So just like magics useless in constructed commons, the generics fill a need in a non constructed format.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU