Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepper Crab
Mar 2, 2013

It's wild to hear how Flesh and Blood looks in the rest of the country, because the scene in my area is very active. I was hesitant to get into any new card game and didn't even really learn about it until the initial "investor" thing had pretty much run its course, but it seems like there are a lot of Magic players who genuinely enjoy the game and are looking for competitive in-person tournaments, and it's been worth our time to carry it even if it dies out and we end up holding the bag on some of the product.

As far the effect a downturn in Magic would have on our store, it would be noticeable, but honestly, it's Pokemon that's keeping our lights on. Before we opened, I bought a bunch of standard draft boosters being cleared out by another local store at $72/box and wondered "why can't they sell this stuff?" Well, it turns out that, yeah, standard Magic stuff is just a little harder to move these days. Collector's boosters are particularly rotten. Most of our Magic revenue comes from the supplemental sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU