Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a brand-new game having balance issues. Balancing TCGs is hard.

It's balance issues combined with everything else that's the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

making stuff and then not selling it is one of the primary ways that companies go out of business, yes, but that's only indirectly related to FAB

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Elblanco posted:

holy poo poo, 2 sets in and they pull that. How is that game not considered a scam?

same as NFTs and all that other poo poo: because the people who are into it think they're the suckees and not the suckers.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Ultiville posted:

That ChannelFireball has MetaZoo videos boggles my mind and really highlights how rough/weird the Magic ecosystem has gotten, too.

WOTC's made a lot of eyebrow-raising decisions but COVID and especially it just dragging on with no end in sight seems like an extinction-level event for the way these games used to work, and perhaps even the games themselves, sadly.

SCG is killing their premium articles service and laying off a bunch of writers because no one's paying to read about competitive Magic anymore. It's a bad scene.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I paid for Premium when I was super into Standard on Arena, but it didn’t matter how competitive I wanted to be because I wasn’t going to buy cards from them.