Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

This game is really good btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i like the art of FaB and would love to support a NZ based company making cool card game, but alas

Game good.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

triple sulk posted:

Game dead and only two worthless sets are in print any more

I don't see how you can say the game's dead honestly it's firing skirmishes all over the past month. And they have to end printings to do more new sets right?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I honestly think metazoo is so horrid looking it has to be on purpose.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Tarnop posted:

Why do they have to?

Same reason magic doesn't keep old sets in print. Cost benefit analysis and their printers (which do tons of other games, it's not like they just print FAB or nothing) only have so much capacity. To print something new means older stuff getting OOP.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Look, I am not some FAB truther or apologist, but y'all seem really surprised that it doesn't make sense for a card game to print a particular set of cards for eternity while they release new ones.

I would never have thought that a card game company could release like 3-4 sets a year and keep literally every set they made in the past also available, it just can't happen.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The sets that have gone out of print haven't spiked though, as everyone knows there will be reprints in future sets.

Edit:
I really do want to get this straight, though... you all thought this would effectively be a collectible trading card game where every card was just in-print for eternity? That is a very different model of game.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 7, 2021

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

It would be nice for this thread to have been created with any intent besides talking about the distribution and financial aspects, because the game is really good.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

it says finance right in the thread name my friend

FAIR.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

triple sulk posted:

The thread would get half a dozen posts a month at best and fade into obscurity, much like the game is currently doing

Sometimes I'd really rather see that than what I see in the magic threads.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What do you see in the magic threads? I haven't ventured into one of those in years.

You can almost certainly guess.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Codeacious posted:

I had some of a thread for FaB written up the night before this one got posted, about purely the game itself since I've loved playing it. I contacted mods and they said I could still post mine, but nobody else here seemed interested in talking about the actual game so I didn't. If there's interest I'll finish it up.

Honestly h8r person is probably right, it won't generate traffic. But then again the Legends of Runeterra thread was VERY slow for a LONG time until the game really snowballed. I think once the competitive schedule is announced (soon) and people are prepping for the ProQuests and Callings and such we will have a much better idea of what's going to happen with this game.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The four biggest ones are powerful generic cards any class can use: command and conquer, art of war, enlightened strike, and Arcanite Skullcap. Oh and fyendals spring tunic.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fundamentally I don't NEED this game to be huge. I need it to be successful enough to keep being made and have a good small community play it. The discord communities are AWESOME and people play on webcams all the time, and the LGS play is happening all around me.

One of the big questions is how does this game capture casuals, because it reminds me of Artifact (but way better) in that it's a game where the better player wins a lot more, and it requires a lot of domain knowledge and practice to be decent. Magic has higher variance and a bunch of ways to play more casually that appeal to a wider array of folks.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jcam posted:

Since there does seem to be a couple of Goons on here that play, I’d be down for playing some FAB over TTS some time if anyone wanted to get games in outside of their local scene. Fire me a PM if you’d want to some time!

I love webcam. Are you on the official discord?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Played CC for the first time instead of Blitz. Game good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Jcam posted:

Double posting, but we had some Goon-on-Goon violence on Discord tonight; a classic constructed game between ShaneB and I. Anyone who has been dabbling with the game that wants to play over webcam or anything, hit me up either via PM or on Discord (Buttlord#0217), just let me know who you are so I know!

A great way to play for sure!