Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Randalor posted:

Eh, at least F&B is a fun game to play.

apparently nobody actually knows how to play it though

https://twitter.com/matthewfoulkes/status/1454935548964048899
https://twitter.com/matthewfoulkes/status/1455594870685454338

https://fabtcg.com/articles/update-uk-national-championships/

quote:

Thank you to the team at Living Realms for hosting the UK National Championships and all the players who attended the event.

We are currently investigating some of the gameplay at the tournament. We realise that the level of interest in this event is very high, but it is important that we ensure a fair process as we conduct this investigation. We will let you know as soon as we have concluded this process.

Thank you for your patience.

bonus content:

https://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2018/09/matthew-foulkes-suspended-for-18-months-for-attempting-to-steal-flooded-strand-promo-mtg/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I just got lost in this discussion here. What is this initialism for OP program?

Organized Play, basically a structure for a professional tour/eSports system

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Randalor posted:

LSS's rules committee released their findings on the Nationals tournament.

The TL;DR is that Foulkes was issued a Formal Warning for, as I chose to interpret the wording, "Being a dick". Basically, Round 1, he missed a trigger that put a token into play and discreetly put it into play without saying anything. Literally next turn, his opponent missed a similar trigger that put a different token into play, asked Foulkes if he could add it after the fact, and Foulkes called a judge on him. The misplays are a "Eh, people make mistakes" situation, which is fair, I think (they even say "ask any player and they can probsbly list at least 1 misplay they made in a tournament setting). People aren't beep-boop robots that can keep track of everything going on, especially in a tournament setting.

Discreetly putting it in into play and then not letting the opponent do the same is literally cheating. Yes the game might be complicated but if you have a habit of making beneficial whoopsies on your own stuff but have an eagle eye on when your opponent goofs, it's suspicious as hell.

I'd be incredibly leery of getting involved in this game if poo poo likes this can fly. Especially when it's a known sketchbag that's banned from playing another competitive CCG. Just make an example of this clown, he won't be missed.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

just cheat when you're not on camera because gosh this is game is hard

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Bob Quixote posted:

I don't know what would be weirder - if the scam stuff with the inflated box prices was a weird unintentional coincidence on the way to the creators trying to make a legit (if ugly looking) game, or if they set out to do a scam and it was so successful that they decided to actually market it as a retail product?

Imagine if this was a real game, and there's metagame shifts based on if the tournament venue was close enough to a forest and stuff like that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ShaneB posted:

It would be nice for this thread to have been created with any intent besides talking about the distribution and financial aspects, because the game is really good.

it says finance right in the thread name my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Codeacious posted:

I had some of a thread for FaB written up the night before this one got posted, about purely the game itself since I've loved playing it. I contacted mods and they said I could still post mine, but nobody else here seemed interested in talking about the actual game so I didn't. If there's interest I'll finish it up.

:justpost: