Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: I say all of that and the giants fail to get 6 inches on a QB sneak just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Waddle having 70 yards on 10 catches is completely hilarious. That's a statline you expect out of a runningback catching dropdowns but not the elite first round WR

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nah posted:

Waddle having 70 yards on 10 catches is completely hilarious. That's a statline you expect out of a runningback catching dropdowns but not the elite first round WR

sometimes I’m sad we don’t have Pitts or Chase but then I realize if we took one of them they would be disappointing down here because this team can turn anyone into just a guy.

I’m not even mad about it anymore. It has become a fascination.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Take away the terrible WR screens and its 5 catches for 60 yards and 2 TDs which doesnt seem as bad.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehud posted:

sometimes I’m sad we don’t have Pitts or Chase but then I realize if we took one of them they would be disappointing down here because this team can turn anyone into just a guy.

I’m not even mad about it anymore. It has become a fascination.

I think Waddle is way better than this and your playcalling / coaching is just absolutely loving awful. Treating him as Landry 2.0 seems like an embarrassingly poor use of his talents. He was an incredibly dynamic deep ball threat in Alabama and one of the best I've ever seen in the open field. To use him as a slot receiver is a joke.

From what I've seen of the Dolphins this year it's probably the worst in the NFL. The team is talented but the folks above the players are failing them. But I'm probably telling you things you're already painfully aware of.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 17, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
well this was humbling.

4-2 at the Bye ain't bad though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

well this was humbling.

Team is looking so goddamn strong for where your rebuild is and your drafting is so spotless i expect your GM to bring in some strong additions next year

God Chargers you well built jerks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a neat cape posted:

well this was humbling.

It's no shame to lose to one of the best teams in the league. The chargers are still in the same tier, but today was definitely not their day. You'll look better against them in the playoffs.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers need to call the dolphins and Giants and see if they have any d lineman they would like to trade for because yikes

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

well this was humbling.

The schedule gets a lot easier after the bye too

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mahomes should tell his mom not to live tweet the game saying how the interceptions he’s throwing aren’t his fault.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lions real bad once their defensive line got gassed. Good to see the Bengals really put their foot on the throat of a bad team. Haven't been able to see that for a while (other than the Steelers games)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I enjoyed the football game with the ratbirds :)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

We really didnt play great on offense--was mostlt won due to having an actual ground game. Kind of depressing. What could have been.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

Well I sure didn't!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens D drat near pitched a shutout, incredible

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Are the Ravens still missing all those dudes on defense who got hurt earlier this year?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

We really didnt play great on offense--was mostlt won due to having an actual ground game. Kind of depressing. What could have been.

Injuries all over, rookie WR coming in for Watkins, Chargers defense is famous for taking away the big play while giving up the underneath and run game. Absolutely dominant win while losing the turnover differential and Lamar playing like a regular rear end person. It's a very good win. Building block for the future.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Are the Ravens still missing all those dudes on defense who got hurt earlier this year?

Them plus 2 more injuries today.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ehud posted:

Yep they were some season enders.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

Peters and Wolfe are still out. DeShon Elliott came back today and was awesome

oh yeah Hayes is still out too

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

losing peters sucked but losing the entire backfield and half the OL is what hurt baltimore the most

also the chargers were dummies and didn't attack the middle of the field

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

Jesus Christ just learn to enjoy things

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Freaquency posted:

hes right tho. if just half of those players arent dead the ravens would be pretty unstoppable. they're winning games but it's not sustainable

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dominating win over one of the best teams in the league "drat we sucked..."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Freaquency posted:

don't engage the gimmick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I dont know how the Chargers fix the kicking position except just going for every 4th down in field goal range or going for 2 after every touchdown.

It's been embarrassing for a long long time

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Sour Diesel posted:

hes right tho. if just half of those players arent dead the ravens would be pretty unstoppable. they're winning games but it's not sustainable

He’s specifically whining that an offense that put up 34 points wasn’t good today

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Freaquency posted:

He’s specifically whining that an offense that put up 34 points wasn’t good today

they were only good RUNNING the ball which as you know doesn't count as good offense

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk9ijpZHtK4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bangles

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I won't be able to watch the game until later but when I checked the score in the second quarter the Chargers had 6 points and when I just checked the score at the end the Chargers had 6 points

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1449826655376117762

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

they were only good RUNNING the ball which as you know doesn't count as good offense

I wouldn't put too much stock in anyone's run game in a game vs the Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I love our social media team lol

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

a neat cape posted:

I wouldn't put too much stock in anyone's run game in a game vs the Chargers

correct. its doubtful the ravens ground game looks this good at any point later this year

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I do love that every time people finally decide "you know what maybe Lamar can throw" he comes out the next week and puts up 150 yards and multiple interceptions.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Freaquency posted:

No I am saying that if we had a running game in games against not the worst run D in the league we'd be probably tied with Buffalo for AFC favorite.

We really weren't that great either. Lamar was a little off target downfield and made a boneheaded pick. Didn't fumble at least. Hollywood dropped a TD. Bateman dropped a pass that got picked. But the Chargers are just horrendous at what they're bad at. I gave them the benefit of the doubt doing it for Chubb and Hunt. But it was bad here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams needed that game, they needed just to beat down on a team worse than them. Feels good.

Onwards to the Jared Goff reunion game.