Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Game of halves for KC today. The offense was never stopped so much as they repeatedly stopped themselves in the dumbest ways in the first half. Then they kinda stopped doing that in the second.

Get right game for the D against a team that appeared to be tailor made for that that mostly went ok. The one WFT TD was another one of those absolutely horrendously blown coverages with a guy running free 15 yards behind the defense while a linebacker is standing there not moving, but other than that they didn't get a ton going. Rivera should have gone for it on fourth down once deep in KC territory and they missed the kick.

Fake edit: huh I just looked up WFT on PFR and saw this

quote:

Points For: 123 (24.6/g) 12th of 32

That does not seem to be the offense I watched them play today, but I guess they had a bunch of guys out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Don't know why the chargers have two byes in a row but I'm not complaining

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

losing peters sucked but losing the entire backfield and half the OL is what hurt baltimore the most

also the chargers were dummies and didn't attack the middle of the field

Chargers did attack the middle early. It was on lockdown by the safeties and the immortal Joshua Bynes.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

AndrewP posted:

Ravens D drat near pitched a shutout, incredible

The ravens did this with all the injuries

The strangest part was the fact that the relentless chargers safeties took the night off (how else did lamar roll for twenty on his first possession, when they owned him in his first playoff ?)

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 17, 2021

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

just saw the chiefs d lineman int.

lol. lmao.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

defaultluser posted:

The strangest part was the fact that the relentless chargers safeties took the night off (how else did lamar roll for twenty on his first possession, when they owned him in his first playoff ?)

that was 3 years ago lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

defaultluser posted:

Derwin James forced a fumble. Chargers offense seemed the most off to me. And just statistically I guess the 4th down stuff didn't work out for them like it had been. But I respect them for going for it and not being scared of the final score looking worse.

I feel like that was almost like an exhibition game. I bet if the game is in LA the score is flipped.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions bad so what

Legitimately think they could go winless on the season. Their most winnable game at this point is @PIT in four weeks, coming off of their bye and assuming the Steelers haven't moved on from Ben? Maybe @ATL towards the end of the season?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Derwin James forced a fumble. Chargers offense seemed the most off to me. And just statistically I guess the 4th down stuff didn't work out for them like it had been. But I respect them for going for it and not being scared of the final score looking worse.

I feel like that was almost like an exhibition game. I bet if the game is in LA the score is flipped.

Derwin was great the whole game. He's the only one.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Derwin's biggest problem right now is that there's only one of him

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

Derwin was great the whole game. He's the only one.

Not fair. Kyzir White was good all game. It's just that the guys starting next to White and James were real bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i was a child there was also someone who was a child who went to my school and his name was irwin. he was bullied by these 2 boys who always went around together as a pair and they called him "durrwin" like the word durr. if derwin james had been around back then they would have had to call him something else because derwin is a good thing now

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Cavauro posted:

when i was a child there was also someone who was a child who went to my school and his name was irwin. he was bullied by these 2 boys who always went around together as a pair and they called him "durrwin" like the word durr. if derwin james had been around back then they would have had to call him something else because derwin is a good thing now

Derlose

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Not fair. Kyzir White was good all game. It's just that the guys starting next to White and James were real bad.

Okay fair. And Bosa got a sack and a few hurries too

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah a few rookies who haven't played much yet this season got a lot of playing time due to injuries and maybe they're good long term but hmm thank God for the bye week I guess

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Rashod "Master" Bateman ftw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

Yeah a few rookies who haven't played much yet this season got a lot of playing time due to injuries and maybe they're good long term but hmm thank God for the bye week I guess

Justin Jones and Drue and Murray coming back after the bye would be ideal

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Yeah, they won't fix the run defense but maybe they make the opposing offenses running game look more like Washington's in week one with a not great EPA/rush and less like 2019 Baltimore

They probably need an entirely new defensive line next offseason lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a neat cape posted:

Give me Stanley, Watkins, Powers, Boyle, Phillips and Bozeman back I'll feel good about a match up against the healthy Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

Yeah, they won't fix the run defense but maybe they make the opposing offenses running game look more like Washington's in week one with a not great EPA/rush and less like 2019 Baltimore

They probably need an entirely new defensive line next offseason lol

I like Jones and Linval isn't BAD.

Covington and Tillery are poopoo garbage

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm paraphrasing because I heard it on the radio but Joe Mixon had a pretty good one-liner in his postgame interview

28 posted:

God was really on our side this week, He's not on our side every week but he sure as hell was this one.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
god doesn’t know about Cincinnati.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Someday I want a player to thank the true lord, Satan, for a win.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1449826260801236997

drat

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Someday I want a player to thank the true lord, Satan, for a win.

So, you're excited for Bill Bellichick's induction into the Hall of Fame.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Game of halves for KC today. The offense was never stopped so much as they repeatedly stopped themselves in the dumbest ways in the first half. Then they kinda stopped doing that in the second.

Get right game for the D against a team that appeared to be tailor made for that that mostly went ok. The one WFT TD was another one of those absolutely horrendously blown coverages with a guy running free 15 yards behind the defense while a linebacker is standing there not moving, but other than that they didn't get a ton going. Rivera should have gone for it on fourth down once deep in KC territory and they missed the kick.

There were a LOT of extremely hot takes on Twitter in the first half. This is my favorite.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1449811413938184192

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cardinals b*tch

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

There were a LOT of extremely hot takes on Twitter in the first half. This is my favorite.

Oh my God complaining about having Patrick Mahomes on contract. Like 5 years ago chiefs fans were melting about never drafting a quarterback. They get probably the most physically talented quarterback in league history and they've already turned on him.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

that's not really a hot take, spotrac's whole gimmick is tracking contracts. they're a great website

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eifert Posting posted:

Oh my God complaining about having Patrick Mahomes on contract. Like 5 years ago chiefs fans were melting about never drafting a quarterback. They get probably the most physically talented quarterback in league history and they've already turned on him.

I don’t think this post from Sportrac is evidence that chiefs fans have turned on Mahomes.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

browns how do you lose to a team that can't snap the ball without fumbling

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Chiefs fans hate Patrick Mahomes now, I recommend he demand a trade immediately

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Is that guy suggesting the Chiefs cut Mahomes in the offseason?

I really think what you're seeing with him is a regression to the mean in regards to his hero-ball plays. They all seemed to go his way his first 3 years, but this year, he's ending up with a lot more INTs on them. He's still great, just not getting all the extra crazy plays Chiefs fans are used to. As such, it's exposing the Chiefs' lack of depth on offense, and of course, the defense has not been putting them in great positions most of the year.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 18, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

That's not a Chiefs fan, that's a contract watching site making a passive aggressive observation.

Chiefs fans are almost all still all in I think? That one pick was amazingly ugly though, ha.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

pmchem posted:

that's not really a hot take, spotrac's whole gimmick is tracking contracts. they're a great website

Spotrac is great but this definitely reads like a "Chiefs are stuck with Mahomes" tweet which lmao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If the season ended today the Eagles would get the #2 overall pick from the Dolphins.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

AndrewP posted:

Spotrac is great but this definitely reads like a "Chiefs are stuck with Mahomes" tweet which lmao

I'm sure they just track social media discussion of various players on game day and post relevant contract details

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/1449873408338972677

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

Lions bad so what

Legitimately think they could go winless on the season. Their most winnable game at this point is @PIT in four weeks, coming off of their bye and assuming the Steelers haven't moved on from Ben? Maybe @ATL towards the end of the season?

Philadelphia at home on Halloween is a very winnable game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm trying to imagine what football looked like in 1922 and I'm imagining an extremely boring sport.