Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kawalimus posted:

I think if that same thing happened this year we'd win. Look at the Denver game. In previous years we would have lost that in some dumb 17-7 but our passing scheme is actually NFL-caliber at the moment.

All the negativity about your team all the time and suddenly you think they could; beat the Bills, at their home stadium, in inclement weather?! You’re insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This actually seems like good news because when he crumpled to the ground for no reason grabbing that calf I was worried his achilles had snapped all the way up his leg.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm cool with the Steelers getting their revenge game against the Browns with Baker hobbled, Jarvis Landry, Chubb and Hunt out

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm 100% certain he'll be back before the inexplicable Ravens, Bye, Ravens series.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's the long-term prognosis on Chubb?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Grittybeard posted:

This actually seems like good news because when he crumpled to the ground for no reason grabbing that calf I was worried his achilles had snapped all the way up his leg.

What the gently caress, that sounds horrifying.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Y’know what I wanna know? How the everlasting gently caress are the Cardinals still unbeaten at Week Six? Are they for real? Because I’m starting to have doubts.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Browns were a bad match up for the Cardinals especially while facing injuries for a 10 am away game. They smoked Cleveland and it never looked close. They're for real.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

HereticMIND posted:

Y’know what I wanna know? How the everlasting gently caress are the Cardinals still unbeaten at Week Six? Are they for real? Because I’m starting to have doubts.

They're pretty good. And fun to watch.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

someone post that Spotrac Mahomes contract tweet

https://twitter.com/RayGQue/status/1450087677135622144

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

latinotwink1997 posted:

All the negativity about your team all the time and suddenly you think they could; beat the Bills, at their home stadium, in inclement weather?! You’re insane.

In a game where they only score ten offensive points? Absolutely.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 18, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Browns were a bad match up for the Cardinals especially while facing injuries for a 10 am away game. They smoked Cleveland and it never looked close. They're for real.

They're legit. They aren't deep on defense, but they're good. The offensive squad is elite, Kyler is cool and good on top of all that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Rams have been dominant, yet the Cards dominated them in LA. The only close game the Cardinals have really had so far was the Vikings, and the Vikings seem content to play equal to their opponent no matter who it is.

Cardinals are definitely for real.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I guess the combination of Tomlin and a talented D is going to continue to paper over the issue of having a rotting corpse at QB for the Steelers. I thought this might be the year they finally falter but they’re going to hang around annoying the rest of the AFC North this season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

someone post that Spotrac Mahomes contract tweet

https://twitter.com/RayGQue/status/1450087677135622144

Unimportant to the highlight part of things but the play didn't even count for the weirdest reasons too.

Kelce was held and fell to the ground, then almost in the same motion got back up and purposely took out a different defender running past him low. I mean not in a mean way, he was trying to play it off to gain an advantage for whoever was running the other route on that side of the field but he definitely did that of his own accord. Defensive holding and offensive low block offsetting penalties on the play about 40 yards away from where it ended up.

There was another random flag towards where the play ended that never got explained. It took the refs like five minutes to talk everything over.

e: I'm not doing a good job of explaining why it was weird to me, penalties away from the ball happen constantly. It was just a very odd looking set of offsetting penalties. Plus an extraneous flag they just didn't bother saying anything about later.

Also someone pointed out from that particular angle Hill isn't even in the frame when Mahomes releases the ball.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 18, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mega64 posted:

The Rams have been dominant, yet the Cards dominated them in LA. The only close game the Cardinals have really had so far was the Vikings, and the Vikings seem content to play equal to their opponent no matter who it is.

Cardinals are definitely for real.

One thing I really was wrong about and you have to give the Cards credit for was realizing that Rosen wasn't the guy after a year and drafting Murray. They look awfully smart.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

One thing I really was wrong about and you have to give the Cards credit for was realizing that Rosen wasn't the guy after a year and drafting Murray. They look awfully smart.

Maybe this season will finally put the “but he was a bad college coach!” takes to rest.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe this season will finally put the “but he was a bad college coach!” takes to rest.

Kliff is definitely beatable, he's the guy I have the least confidence in at AZ (other than Keim's AA sponsor)

The NFL defenses haven't fully caught up to Air Raid concepts, but I expect this offensive unit will be struggling more in a couple seasons. For now, I believe the Cardinals have enough talent and speed, and an un-developed yet already amazing Kyler at the helm. It's exciting, and there's too much hope for this to feel real.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

That is a lesson in cutting bait early - sunk costs be damned - that I wish more GMs would learn from.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Flipside of that coin, what if the Bills jettisoned sophomore season Josh Allen?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kliff is definitely beatable, he's the guy I have the least confidence in at AZ (other than Keim's AA sponsor)

The NFL defenses haven't fully caught up to Air Raid concepts, but I expect this offensive unit will be struggling more in a couple seasons. For now, I believe the Cardinals have enough talent and speed, and an un-developed yet already amazing Kyler at the helm. It's exciting, and there's too much hope for this to feel real.

Just enjoy the ride dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the Cards D has been good. Like after a shaky first half they shut the Rams offense down. Which is impressive

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The most shocking thing about the Cardinals to me is that AJ Green has looked serviceable to good. He was a shell of a corpse of himself last year in Cincinnati. Seems that was less Green being cooked and more him being totally fed up with the Bengals.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Flipside of that coin, what if the Bills jettisoned sophomore season Josh Allen?

This is totally different, because Josh Allen was all upside. Rosen was billed as more NFL ready, and didn't seem to really have interest in playing. That team was admittedly dogshit, but Rosen had not shown anything at all. Allen had flashes with his legs and the cannon arm to justify a longer investment than "NFL-Ready QB who can't make a practice squad".

Nov 6, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

One was a project, the other was supposed to be NFL ready or whatever.

efb

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The most shocking thing about the Cardinals to me is that AJ Green has looked serviceable to good. He was a shell of a corpse of himself last year in Cincinnati. Seems that was less Green being cooked and more him being totally fed up with the Bengals.

AJ was openly pretty pissed that he got franchise tagged in his last year which is fair. he’s a top 3 WR in bengals history which is saying a lot

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a patagonian cavy posted:

AJ was openly pretty pissed that he got franchise tagged in his last year which is fair. he’s a top 3 WR in bengals history which is saying a lot

#1 with a bullet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They did also have a top 3 WR in football just given to them for nothing for some reason so that is also a big part of their success.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I guess DK didn’t know who Shannon Sharpe was.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There was a great call Sunday when Hopkins was wide wide open for a TD. Something like "Hopkins was the loneliest man in Cleveland."

I don't know, I liked it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

#1 with a bullet.

85 is their franchise leader by counting stats in about everything over AJ, but not by a lot.

Carl Pickens was real good in an earlier era for absolutely trash teams. Apparently Cris Collinsworth was actually pretty good. Some dude named Isaac Curtis put up damned good numbers by 70s standards? The Bengals have had a bunch of good receivers for a franchise that has not been particularly good overall very often.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Does everyone remember that Jets game vs the Patriots where Sam Darnold was so lost he said he was seeing ghosts on the field and it probably stunted his young career?

Well, I feel like that the same poo poo happened to a concussed Daniel Jones playing with half his team injured this week against Aaron DONALD of all people.

Except for the Giants have had two more years to have had fired Jones into the sun and am now stuck with this...debacle.

What was the tweet? 19-72 record? YESSS

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

Does everyone remember that Jets game vs the Patriots where Sam Darnold was so lost he said he was seeing ghosts on the field and it probably stunted his young career?

the second best part about this game was the mcmagic meltdown

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

the second best part about this game was the mcmagic meltdown

Did i really melt down worse during that game than like 15 other games in the last 5 years? I don't remember.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Did i really melt down worse during that game than like 15 other games in the last 5 years? I don't remember.

You were very pissed at ESPN for playing Sam's comments about seeing ghosts. But no, it wasn't really different than any other meltdown.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grittybeard posted:

85 is their franchise leader by counting stats in about everything over AJ, but not by a lot.

Carl Pickens was real good in an earlier era for absolutely trash teams. Apparently Cris Collinsworth was actually pretty good. Some dude named Isaac Curtis put up damned good numbers by 70s standards? The Bengals have had a bunch of good receivers for a franchise that has not been particularly good overall very often.

Carl Pickens was real good. Obviously Chad was too but counting stats can lie. The way AJ Green elevated that Dalton Bengals offense was a whole other thing.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

you set a high bar, acknowledged, but

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You were very pissed at ESPN for playing Sam's comments about seeing ghosts

was legendary, alongside the "mono: out indefinitely" graphic as peak mcmagic to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You were very pissed at ESPN for playing Sam's comments about seeing ghosts. But no, it wasn't really different than any other meltdown.

ESPN was literally making fun of him on the broadcast in a way you literally never see, even with other lovely franchises.

Fate Accomplice posted:

was legendary, alongside the "mono: out indefinitely" graphic as peak mcmagic to me
It's still amazing to me that ESPN dunked on him like that. You'll never see poo poo like that happen again on ESPN. I guarantee you the Jets called the league office and ESPN and complained about it.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 18, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mega64 posted:

lol Dolphins

I like that the Jags kicker made 0/5 FGs before today and then promptly goes 3/3, including the game winner and one of the coolest kicks I've seen.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1449776416581722115
This is actually a new Jags kicker who was literally working as a software engineer a month ago, the 3 he made yesterday were his first attempts this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

ESPN graphics make fun of players all the time.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1328540594877108226