Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

You really think this is comparable to the Danorld one? You can't possibly. A bad win loss record is comparable to getting loving mono? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I would simply not catch mono

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

You really think this is comparable to the Danorld one? You can't possibly. A bad win loss record is comparable to getting loving mono? Really?

Dude. He was out because he caught a high school teen kissing bug from banging Jets' groupies lol. Should this be treated as a solemn illness?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

really queer Christmas posted:

Tell me you’re not kissing anyone without telling me you’re not kissing anyone

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Freaquency posted:

Tell me you’re not kissing anyone without telling me you’re not kissing anyone

I'm a goon

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

not a problem if Darnold is the one throwing it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Well there are plenty of married TFF goons

But they’re mostly all divorced or divorcing so I guess point taken

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JT Jag posted:

This is actually a new Jags kicker who was literally working as a software engineer a month ago, the 3 he made yesterday were his first attempts this year

I'm jealous with how easily your team can just get a new competent kicker out of nowhere.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1450203277946232835

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It's still amazing to me that ESPN dunked on him like that. You'll never see poo poo like that happen again on ESPN. I guarantee you the Jets called the league office and ESPN and complained about it.

In retrospect I agree with you and had I owned/run the Jets I'd have done that too.

as a Patriots fan and in the moment it was hilarious.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I will say the Ravens going to Buffalo for the playoffs is kind of a nightmare scenario.

Buffalo is in a sense balanced out for never being able to host a Superbowl by being a fearsome place to play in the winter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Dude. He was out because he caught a high school teen kissing bug from banging Jets' groupies lol. Should this be treated as a solemn illness?

A perfectly spherical illness.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I will say the Ravens going to Buffalo for the playoffs is kind of a nightmare scenario. Those north New York winds were a big part of the Bills divisional round win last season.

We would have won that game if it were this year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It was this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was this year.

You know what i mean!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

We would have won that game if it were this year.

this doesn't mean anything

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

we wouldve won that game if it was a different game where we won.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

we wouldve won that game if it was a different game where we won.

Indisputable.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think there's ba theory that "football" became the term to describe any sport played on foot with a ball in the he middle ages, resulting in a diverse and varied family of "football".

Yeah, “football” had no fixed rules and seems to have changed a lot over time in any given town, even more between towns. I mean, it’s a kid’s game played with a lumpy tied-off pig bladder, of course they just did whatever.

Since the rules were so flexible, nobody seems to have bothered to ever write them down, and the best information we’ve got is some pretty incidental descriptions. It does sound like a lot of players ran with the ball, got tackled, and so on, so if I had to guess, I’d say probably the basic rules in most places were like rugby but without scrums or offsides or really any restrictions at all: basically, try to advance and score however you can, but if you get tackled you have to give it up.

The first recorded instance of “why is it called football if you carry the ball around in your hands” was probably at the meeting they had in England to standardize the rules between a bunch of schools. Half the people there walked out when the group started acting like that was a compelling argument, which is why there are now two regularized sports in England called football. And even the pedants that made soccer couldn’t bear to take out some of the classic football rules, like the one where you could catch kicks on the fly and get a free kick.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I don't envy Sean McDermott for having to make that call on 4th down.

Most Titan OT games end with Derrick Henry busting through a tired D-Line for a 60-yard walk-off, though, so probably the right call.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

does anyone have a gif of the diving suplex stop

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

probably the last Bills loss for a while, good job Titans

Nov 6, 2002

Hmm these Bills. They've beaten bad Miami, Washington and Houston teams and a KC squad #28 in points allowed.

Seems like they might be... what's the word...

Frauds!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Bills defense may need the bye week just recover from mfing Henry.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hmm these Bills. They've beaten bad Miami, Washington and Houston teams and a KC squad #28 in points allowed.

Frauds!

It's just tough, everyone gets up to play the Bills.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Buffalo's next 3 opponents

Dolphins
Jaguars
Jets

I think they'll be alright.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bills still easy favorites for the #1 seed. Ravens still have the entire AFCN, plus the Packers and the Rams. if they somehow hold onto it they will have truly earned it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mega64 posted:

I'm jealous with how easily your team can just get a new competent kicker out of nowhere.
Much like how Daredevil's sense of hearing grew much stronger after he was blinded, our kickers are strong after a decade+ of inability to consistently score touchdowns

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

It’s only 3-4 if Baker can’t throw.

Hahahahaahahahahahahaaha…sigh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

this doesn't mean anything

Why doesn't it? I mean with the improvements we've made to the passing scheme we would win a game like that now. Look at the Denver game. And many others this year.

Both times we've faced Buffalo with Lamar they have managed to shut down our running game even though they don't have a great run D on paper. Even in 2019 where we were really firing on all cylinders. And this caused us major problems because even though they weren't doing much in the playoff game offensively we couldn't take advantage of that ourselves. But now that the Texans took Culley from us and the team seems to have taken criticism of their passing schemes to heart they have actually made an effort to improve that. So you see things like the Denver game or even the Colts game where our run game is not effective but we actually have a plan B that we executed. So many Ravens losses over the years have come in this sort of game and just now we are finally seeing the team come up with a counter by using our talent.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 19, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/iamspilly/status/1450294870225129472?s=21

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Revoke their win for this failure.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans won last night but lost Lewan for several weeks and 2 other players to ACL injuries, including our first round pick CB. OOF

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
BIG JEFF

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

quote:

According to Next Gen Stats, Henry reached 21.8 mph on the 76-yard run. That’s the fastest speed any player has reached this season and the fastest speed Henry has reached in his career.
Henry said after the game that it was “still too slow” and future Titans opponents are likely bracing themselves against what comes next.

Henry that is absolutely not still too slow.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Frauds!

they also lost to Big Ben's rotting corpse :hmmyes:

Nov 6, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Henry that is absolutely not still too slow.

It was amazing how fast he ran away from DBs after contact on that long TD run yesterday.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Bellmaker posted:

they also lost to Big Ben's rotting corpse :hmmyes:

Any given week, any team could lose to the Steelers defense. The problem is Ben's rotting corpse is the reason why they don't win every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Derrick Henry also never fumbles. I think he’s fumbled like 2-3 times in his career? Unreal