Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I had no idea who Amir was when this thread mentioned him, and then when I Googled and was reminded he's Marcia's son, I thought I remembered him being like ten years old. I guess I was thinking of Kendall's son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The wrongful death incident is definitely going to come out at the end of the season. It’s the trump card in Logan’s pocket and I think it will get played when the war heats up.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Marcia is in 302 but Abbass is only credited as a Special Guest or something and still not in the opening credits. Also her scenes continue to deepen their weird fascinating relationship (I’m not 100% sure they’re that different from Connor and Willa, really.)

Connor is bankrupting himself for that play. The financials are so awful he might have to end his bid for presidency

Dunno what parallels you are seeing

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
I think they mean that Logan & Marcia was/is in large part a transactional relationship. Which I think it has to be, Logan doesn't seem to be a person who can sustain tender feelings or loyalty, and probably the same is true for Marcia to a lesser extent. No one who chooses to partner with Rupert Murdoch can be a well-adjusted person.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

indiscriminately posted:

Which I think it has to be, Logan doesn't seem to be a person who can sustain tender feelings or loyalty, and probably the same is true for Marcia to a lesser extent.

Did you not see the Marcia confronting Rhea? I don't think you can doubt her loyalty having understood that scene.

And Logan? He is in the middle of a Walter White "I did it all for my family" phase. His idea of loyalty is very manicured. I don't think its something he lacks.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
To Logan other people are instruments, it seems to be. He despises all Waystar executives and major shareholders. He continually undercuts his children because he can control them when they are hurt. He lies all the time to everyone. Maybe you can fit a concept of loyalty into this but it's not one most people would recognize.

I think Marcia's confronting Rhea was about defending her position against an enemy.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

parthenocarpy posted:

Did you not see the Marcia confronting Rhea? I don't think you can doubt her loyalty having understood that scene.

And Logan? He is in the middle of a Walter White "I did it all for my family" phase. His idea of loyalty is very manicured. I don't think its something he lacks.

Hahahahaha “are you regularly tested for sexually transmitted diseases?”

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

indiscriminately posted:

I think Marcia's confronting Rhea was about defending her position against an enemy.

Rhea was not an enemy to Marcia, lol. Imagine just for a moment that Marcia knows more about her husband than, say, you do. Now revisit that scene. Which woman goes away feeling like a plaything, and ultimately scurries away as such? I believe Marcia is well in tune with what role Rhea had. To be hosed. By the entire family. In whatever way. Period.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Rhea's reaction makes me wonder, was she just shocked that Marcia was so direct? Or DID Logan tell Rhea that him and Marcia don't sleep together anymore?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

There is also that great scene where Shiv thinks she's bringing vital, stunning, revelatory information to Marcia about Rhea only to be told basically "Who, bitch? Her? Just another, won't be the last."

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
Marcia asking Rhea to get tested for STDs was absolutely about marking her territory and putting Rhea in her place, and not about her concern for Logan's health. Looking forward to seeing how she reacts to the roy family civil war.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Propaniac posted:

I had no idea who Amir was when this thread mentioned him, and then when I Googled and was reminded he's Marcia's son, I thought I remembered him being like ten years old. I guess I was thinking of Kendall's son.

Robobot posted:

Wasn't she in the room with Logan and Kendall after the accident?

I totally forgot he existed to be honest. He's done what so far? Sat a dining room tables?

Amir's only two bits of relevance were that:

(1) he was appointed to some executive position of Waystar's European branch sometime before the S1 Thanksgiving ep, which was a signal to the viewer (and apparently Kendall/Shiv/Roman!) regarding Marcia's ambitions & position in the game

(2) he was in the room (with Marcia) when Logan confronted Kendall about the service worker's death in the finale of S1; Logan says Amir witnessed Kendall returning to the wedding property "looking rather damp"

So Marcia & Amir both are party to Logan leveraging the death over Kendall. Also, chalk me up as a "recent rewatch Team Kendall" until watching 301 lol

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Tellah posted:

Amir's only two bits of relevance were that:

(1) he was appointed to some executive position of Waystar's European branch sometime before the S1 Thanksgiving ep, which was a signal to the viewer (and apparently Kendall/Shiv/Roman!) regarding Marcia's ambitions & position in the game

(2) he was in the room (with Marcia) when Logan confronted Kendall about the service worker's death in the finale of S1; Logan says Amir witnessed Kendall returning to the wedding property "looking rather damp"

So Marcia & Amir both are party to Logan leveraging the death over Kendall. Also, chalk me up as a "recent rewatch Team Kendall" until watching 301 lol

Thank you, I was going to rewatch that episode to refresh my memory but now I’m gonna watch football all day!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is Roman trans?????

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
LOL THIS LAWYER

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Despera posted:

LOL THIS LAWYER

I don't think he's a lawyer

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't think he's a lawyer

hes def a cspam poster

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

gregg is definitely going to jail

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
even by succession standards, that was a god like episode

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
goddamn that was a great episode

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
America is always right. Never left.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
still processing all the great poo poo that happened this episode (count is in the dozens, at least), but i think my absolute favorite part was kendall having like 4 different well thought out sanctimonious speeches throughout, only to at the very end of the episode go "YEAH, BUT YOU ONLY MATTER CAUSE YOU'RE THE GIRL. GIRLS COUNT DOUBLE NOW, DIDN'T YOU KNOOOOOOOW!?!? IT'S ONLY YOUR TITS THAT GIVE YOU ANY VALUE!"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Fucker posted:

still processing all the great poo poo that happened this episode (count is in the dozens, at least), but i think my absolute favorite part was kendall having like 4 different well thought out sanctimonious speeches throughout, only to at the very end of the episode go "YEAH, BUT YOU ONLY MATTER CAUSE YOU'RE THE GIRL. GIRLS COUNT DOUBLE NOW, DIDN'T YOU KNOOOOOOOW!?!? IT'S ONLY YOUR TITS THAT GIVE YOU ANY VALUE!"

he's so loving soft, crumbles like a sand castle when poo poo goes sideways
you knew they were gonna say no cause then it wouldn't be as interesting, and if these were siblings who could stick together they wouldn't be so hosed up

the lawyer ewan got for gregg LMAO, he's gonna end up doing life

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

shiv having saddam as the pic for logan on her phone :perfect:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

Marcia is in 302 but Abbass is only credited as a Special Guest or something and still not in the opening credits. Also her scenes continue to deepen their weird fascinating relationship (I’m not 100% sure they’re that different from Connor and Willa, really.)

I hope this makes a bit more sense now!!!

Anyway yeah fuckin awesome episode, I’m excited to rewatch it without loud crowd laughter ruining all the Greg scenes. And of course none of them would side with him lmao. It’s perfect. The scenes with the four siblings are so so goddamn good

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
succession s3: "it's only your teats!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah: please feel free to suggest thread subtitles every week and I will bother esp about them

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In the car at the end, when Shiv mentioned the donuts, I really hoped Logan was going to say "What donuts?"

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I have missed this show dearly.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 25, 2021

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
It's interesting that Marcia was not getting off the plane with Logan. Or maybe I missed her but it was not nearly the show of family unity it was supposed to be with only Roman there to be seen with him.

Also, Tom is just the most inept power player. He gets a nugget of info from that lovable goof Greg and then keeps it to himself, gaining absolutely nothing except his lying being revealed in the future.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

CeeJee posted:

It's interesting that Marcia was not getting off the plane with Logan. Or maybe I missed her but it was not nearly the show of family unity it was supposed to be with only Roman there to be seen with him.

This caught my attention as well. Did the negotiation break down with her and Logan's lawyers? Hoping it will be addressed next episode, seemed very strange that she didn't get off the plane, exactly the opposite of the image Logan wants to present right now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao Ken's meltdown at the end there was great. It feels like his reaction to Connor leaving firmly pushed the other two away. I hope the other three do end up leaving Logan and going their own way.

I'm glad Marcia floated the nuclear option to Logan. I was worried it would just go away but the threat of mutually assured destruction is great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
King poo poo

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/how-nicholas-braun-cousin-greg-became-nycs-hottest-bachelor/

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
So all the kids have firmly picked their sides now. Well, as firmly as any of them can be I guess. I’m sure by the end of the season Logan and Ken will be teamed up trying to take down Gerri and Shiv while Greg, Stewy, and Sandy try to get Connor elected president or something.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Am I wrong or did Marcia now just attain 51% control over the company by way of the trust?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

stev posted:

Lmao Ken's meltdown at the end there was great.

He should be careful yelling at Jess, his little rebellion will collapse the moment she stops doing basically everything.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Neon Noodle posted:

Am I wrong or did Marcia now just attain 51% control over the company by way of the trust?

I think she just got more but not that much.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
That episode is a microcosm of the whole show, pretty much.

I like that all major players agreed that the siblings as a united front together could remove Logan and "save" Waystar, which since expectation determines reality in this world effectively means it'd be a done deal- but it can't happen because none of the siblings can tolerate unequal power between them (or even equal power). They'll always fail the prisoner's dilemma. They had a legitimate shot at redemption here, they each acknowledged that, yet each chose dishonor and bondage because they're petty as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neon Noodle posted:

If logan dies, yeah.