Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Anne Whateley posted:

I totally know it's going to end up with Greg winning, I just want there to be a Tom season first
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Thank god! Looking forward to it ending on a high note.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

i mean, if the end of last season was any indication, this is gonna be the tom season

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Huh, for some reason I thought they were doing 5 seasons, not 4. Am I misremembering, or did they change it?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

i mean, if the end of last season was any indication, this is gonna be the tom season
If it’s the last season, I think it has to be the Greg season. Maybe they’ll do half and half at least?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Read After Burning posted:

Huh, for some reason I thought they were doing 5 seasons, not 4. Am I misremembering, or did they change it?

They were noncommittal but said 5 was the absolute most. After Season 3 they still didn't know if it was going to be 4 or 5, or at least publicly said so.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
That's great news, they're gonna go out on top

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

there is no way this season's not going to own

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Calling it now, the series ends with them all yelling at each other on a yacht/helicopter as it explodes in a freak accident.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm guessing it'll be a Peep Show ending and they'll all end up exactly where they started but a lot more miserable.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
It saddens me that this will be the last season but it is always always always better for a show to end while its on top than to linger forever

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

stev posted:

I'm guessing it'll be a Peep Show ending and they'll all end up exactly where they started but a lot more miserable.

Tom in jail, Shiv ostracized, Ken dead, Connor divorced, Rome disinherited, Greg fired and penniless, (all of them financially screwed relative to their starting positions and lifestyle), and Logan firmly in control of WaystarRoyce, facing down the board as it dawns on him that everything he has achieved and accomplished is meaningless because his only legacy is money and he has no one to leave it to.

I’m only 100% positive about Ken and Logan. They have telegraphed Ken’s suicidal tendencies way too much to not be a Chekov’s gun of some kind and the Logan thing just matches the theme.

Comedy option is Greg stands tall as CEO when the credits roll.

navyjack fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 25, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don’t think it’s a comedy option, I think it’s a guarantee that Greg will be the successor

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m not so sure about Ken, it’s been telegraphed a little too hard that he’s suicidal. It feels more like a cruel joke of fate that he wants to die but has a pathological commitment to his father that prevents him from doing it because that would mean he is the ultimate failure in his fathers eyes.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Greg standing in front the the window that used to be Ken's office. Logan walks in from off screen, reaches up to put a hand on Greg's shoulder, but he's too loving tall.

End series.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

cheese eats mouse posted:

Greg standing in front the the window that used to be Ken's office. Logan walks in from off screen, reaches up to put a hand on Greg's shoulder, but he's too loving tall.

End series.

lmao yes

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

WIFE OF TOM WAMBSGANS
ARRESTED
IN SWEEP OF CITY STREET-WALKERS

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Somebody's going to van it to Macedonia to set up a moped rental.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Three weeks+1 day until we get more Succession. So who will succeed? Rumours have it that Texas is eyeing a ballot initiative next election cycle, but it remains to be seen if Cascadia will beat them to the punch.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well if Lion in Winter is of any indication...poo poo I don't know besides Connor (Young Henry) it is super hard to map any of these people to Plantagenets

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

If it’s the last season, I think it has to be the Greg season. Maybe they’ll do half and half at least?

They’re each other’s better halves. A Greg season is a Tom season, and vice versa.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I think somehow Kendall pushes Logan off their skyscraper and he follows the leader

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Anne Whateley posted:

They'll just have Tom inside of Greg.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Mulva posted:

They'll just have Tom inside of Greg.

greg the egg is now a balut egg

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
It's here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3D3ewle7XY

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Probably gonna go a rewatch leading up to this season since it is the last. Can't wait to see all those Greg/Tom moments I forgot about.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

So loving hyped right now.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Big Con-Head here, looking forward to him squeezing that 1% higher

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I’m worried about Greg in this final season.

I… uhh, I just feel, because of his physical length, he might be the target for all kinds of misadventure.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

MrMojok posted:

I’m worried about Greg in this final season.

I… uhh, I just feel, because of his physical length, he might be the target for all kinds of misadventure.

Someone will definitely wipe their rear end on his pillow case.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Everyone wants a Tomlette but they’re afraid to break some Gregs

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
He's...uh, terrifyingly moseying, like if Santa was a hitman

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

I have a feeling all of them might get exactly what they want and all of them might hate it more than they could have ever imagined. Meanwhile some or most of the side characters (Stewie, Karl, Gerri...) will be the ones actually coming out on top.

(^^Them being the 3 main offspring + any combination of Connor, Tom and Greg)

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Greg becoming CEO would be too silly. It’s fun to joke about, though.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Yeah, I don't see the writers letting Cousin Greg escape unscathed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I could only see something like CEO Greg happening if the entire company suddenly pivoted towards tech bullshit. Since Logan is going in hard on Fox-style tactics like buying up local TV stations, I don't think so.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Since the first 3 seasons were focused on Kendall, Shiv, Roman respectively getting close to power, only to gently caress it up, I wonder who will be “focus” of the upcoming season. Part of me feels like it will be split between Connor, Tom, and Greg. The 3 are currently in positions where they can very easily torch whatever goodwill they had with Logan.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Greg's gonna make serious bank with a tell-all book deal about everything that went down

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I reckon, maybe wishful thinking, that they bring back a bunch of S1 elements and characters. I like when TV shows do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Greg ends up CEO of the company but the company barely exists by that point