Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Here's something that's been bothering me for some time now. Does anyone know the significance of the "Toy Dog"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Here's something that's been bothering me for some time now. Does anyone know the significance of the "Toy Dog"?

I think this is probably one of things the developers didn't get to fully complete. In the code, her toy dog, candy and the crying doll from the Replicant's hideout, are all categorized as Non-Replicant clues. This means they are also sorted as such in KIA using the Repicant/Non Replicant filter --which is another useful mechanic to sort out clues for suspects and decide whether they are human or not.

But McCoy will find those clues whether Lucy is human or not. Maybe they were supposed to be weak clues but not evidence she's human. Like thrown in to make sure the player won't know right off-hand her true nature, just by picking those up.

The toy dog in particular shows a love for animals, which is more likely found in humans (however Replicant Lucy also cares for Runciter's animals and Nexus-6 are more than capable of showing emotions, at least in the movie and the game). It's also a reminder that Lucy is basically still a small kid. The toy doll is again like that but, in addition, probably has connection to her being abused and traumatized by Runciter and others Off-World, and having suppressed feelings about having a baby of her own (indicated by her VK test).

I wanted to make these clues more consistent, but not deterministic, with her nature in the Restored Content. However, I'm also weary about changing too much, especially when other pending restoration stuff are more obvious and get higher priority, so that's not yet a decided plan that's going to happen.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

AbstractNapper posted:

I think this is probably one of things the developers didn't get to fully complete. In the code, her toy dog, candy and the crying doll from the Replicant's hideout, are all categorized as Non-Replicant clues. This means they are also sorted as such in KIA using the Repicant/Non Replicant filter --which is another useful mechanic to sort out clues for suspects and decide whether they are human or not.

But McCoy will find those clues whether Lucy is human or not. Maybe they were supposed to be weak clues but not evidence she's human. Like thrown in to make sure the player won't know right off-hand her true nature, just by picking those up.

The toy dog in particular shows a love for animals, which is more likely found in humans (however Replicant Lucy also cares for Runciter's animals and Nexus-6 are more than capable of showing emotions, at least in the movie and the game). It's also a reminder that Lucy is basically still a small kid. The toy doll is again like that but, in addition, probably has connection to her being abused and traumatized by Runciter and others Off-World, and having suppressed feelings about having a baby of her own (indicated by her VK test).

I wanted to make these clues more consistent, but not deterministic, with her nature in the Restored Content. However, I'm also weary about changing too much, especially when other pending restoration stuff are more obvious and get higher priority, so that's not yet a decided plan that's going to happen.

Thank you for clarifying this. I did read about these being non-replicant clues but they showed up regardless of whether she is a replicant or not.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Additional material for act three is going to take some time. I've lost track of what playthrough I've currently started.

I've just gone through a playthrough where I've just found Gordo as a replicant, but not as the hunted, so I've managed to get a couple of extra scenes (one was a pain the rear end to nail and when I finally did it for the first time, Xsplit decided that it's going to bug out). I'm not sure what else I can do with Gordo as a human right now that hasn't already been seen apart from letting him run away. I still have a save with Gordo as the hunted but haven't recorded anything extra as of yet.

I still have the saves with Dektora as the hunted as a human. I've recorded a couple of scenes but there's more planned. I'm holding off as of yet as there's one that is eluding me and I've started at least my tenth playthrough and Lucy as the hunted has eluded me every time. It's a pain in the arse as I have no way of knowing until partway through the third act.

Recording the endings won't be so bad as I've got an unhealthy amount of saves (107 at this point in time)that I can use where the groundwork has already been made for most of the endings. Dektora is probably going to be the one where I'll need to put in the most amount of work at this point in time.

I'm going to post the final part of the "Escaping The City" playthrough within the next couple of days, probably tomorrow if I have time. I'll also work on some more scans of the guide at some point too.

Edit: I've been playing and typing intermittently. No luck this time, I'll start again tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 16, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Blade Runner (Escaping The City)

The scenes included in this part:

Rachel - The first encounter with Rachael can go a different way and can take place in a slightly different location. You can encounter her on the street level outside of your apartment instead of inside the lift and if you don't click on her she just walks off without saying anything. We were originally meant to witness this conversation in the Sympathizer run but we got a hostile response, to trigger this response right now you need to enable polite mode.

AbstractNapper posted:

It can go a bit differently if McCoy is "Polite" and ehrm... it should also go that way if McCoy is a Replicant sympathiser but I guess the pertinent variable is not updated at that point as I expected. Something for me to fix....

Lucy - If Lucy is human and we have warned her off once, she seems to return to Hysteria Hall to thank you before running off again.
Early Q's - We can accept Early Q's hospitality and take the drink that he's offering us.
No Hunted - You can see that I've been a little trigger happy in this playthrough, if this happens then we don't get to chase down the "hunted" replicant.
Lucy's VK Test - This is the dialogue between Lucy and McCoy involving setting up the VK test. We have already seen the interaction with Lucy as a replicant. This is the interaction with Lucy as a human and with an attempt to manipulate the test to make her a replicant, I've cut out the middle part of the test. If Lucy is a replicant it's possible to shoot her as she runs off, if she's human then we lose that choice.
Runciter - We can return to Runciter's in the fourth act to talk to him further.
Lance & Luther - There is a shortcut to obtain Guzza's file without even leaving the room, this is how to do it.
Alternative Act 4 Ending - Instead of going straight back to the apartment, we can hand ourselves in to the police.
Act 5 - Escaping The City.

I've attempted a couple of more quick playthroughs in an effort to have a save file with Lucy as the "hunted" replicant. I'm not having a lot of luck, it takes around thirty to fourty-five minutes to blast through to that point. Dektora has been the "hunted" in the last five playthroughs that I have started.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Provided that you know Lucy is Replicant in your playthrough you can use the debugger to force her to be the hunted. It should be safe enough to do it, meaning it's not corrupting anything that can lead to weird behaviour -- that I can tell. These variables are all set at the beginning of the game so you can check and change at the start of a playthrough -- ie. once McCoy arrives outside Runciter's.

To check who is to be hunted in Act 3:
code:
var 40
1: Dektora
2: Gordo
3: Lucy
For Lucy to be hunted in Act 3 (she has to be Replicant!):
code:
var 40 3
For Gordo to be hunted in Act 3 (he has to be Replicant!):
code:
var 40 2
Better to save after you set the variables to store their new values, because if you restore at an earlier save they will be reset to what they originally were in that one.

To check if Lucy is Replicant (1 is Replicant, 0 is human)
code:
flag 46
For Gordo it is:
code:
flag 45
For Dektora it is:
code:
flag 47

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Provided that you know Lucy is Replicant in your playthrough you can use the debugger to force her to be the hunted. It should be safe enough to do it, meaning it's not corrupting anything that can lead to weird behaviour -- that I can tell. These variables are all set at the beginning of the game so you can check and change at the start of a playthrough -- ie. once McCoy arrives outside Runciter's.

To check who is to be hunted in Act 3:
code:
var 40
1: Dektora
2: Gordo
3: Lucy
To check if Lucy is Replicant (1 is Replicant, 0 is human)
code:
flag 46

I love you!

I got the correct flags after a couple of restarts. The first one flagged the hunted as Dektora and the second restart flagged Lucy as a replicant and as the hunted. I don't mind powering through another playthrough to get to act 3 again as it will be useful to have a save. Thank you very much for providing temporary fixes though in case there are any further issues as I will use them if needed.

The RNG was really against me as that would have meant six new games in a row with Dektora as the hunted.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Lucy being hunted is particularly glitchy. Nothing game breaking but obviously not polished enough. I may have mentioned it before, but I still haven't fixed it. It's this way in the original, too. It probably has to do with the fact that the player can so rarely get it to happen, so QA may have missed it entirely :D

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well even ignoring the (apparent) ages that bomb dialogue sure is a :catstare: moment.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Well even ignoring the (apparent) ages that bomb dialogue sure is a :catstare: moment.

"How did you guys meet? Tell us about your first date!"

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Does the Strategy Guide not mention the option to meet Runciter during Act 4? I browsed through it quickly and it seems to skip that entirely. There's a couple of ways that meeting can go. You kind of let him off easy :)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Does the Strategy Guide not mention the option to meet Runciter during Act 4? I browsed through it quickly and it seems to skip that entirely. There's a couple of ways that meeting can go. You kind of let him off easy :)

I didn't see anything in the strategy guide about going back to Runciters. I wasn't aware that we could visit him again until I started planning this playthrough. I also didn't even know that there was another way that the meeting could go. Don't tell me that I could have made the body count higher!

I haven't reached act 3 yet in the Lucy scenario to confirm anything, my free time has been short these past 24 hours.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Don't tell me that I could have made the body count higher!

oh, yes

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Kibayasu posted:

and if a ten ton truck
kills the both of us
to die by your side
well, the pleasure
the privilege
is mine

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

sb hermit posted:

and if a ten ton truck
kills the both of us
to die by your side
well, the pleasure
the privilege
is mine

I'm not sure whether or not McCoy feels that way.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm not sure whether or not McCoy feels that way.

McCoy is just like: "hold that thought, Lucy. I've got a better plan"

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I managed to get a confirmed, natural, playthrough with Lucy as the hunted. AbstractNapper said that it is particularly glitchy, they weren't wrong. I put off recording the Gordo and Dektora endings until now but I believe that I have now finished recording all additional material of note for the third act. I'll go through things again before I start compiling the footage and I'm hoping to have something up over the weekend.

I managed to get the cutscene with Luther & Lance as humans but I had to force it to happen with the debug console.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Videos
Act 3 - Additional Scenes & Dialogue

Here is the additional footage for the third act and I've tried to be as vigilant as I can be. I've wanted to LP this game for a while now but the sheer number of variations held me off as recording alternative dialogues and scenes are something I enjoy and this game excels in it in many random ways that I didn't think that I could keep up with. This part of the game was a nightmare for me before I even began it, I owe AbstractNapper a cup of coffee\tea\whisky for their help throughout all of this.

Defending The Hotel Owner - We can help the hotel manager....
Not Our Problem - ...Or we could leave him too it.
Disappearing Act - We made some body disappear.
Another Fine Pet - The restored content has made it possible to buy two pets to keep in our inventory. We have already seen one, here it the other.
Returning To Tyrell - We can speak to the security guard again in this act, although he's confused about why we have returned.
Arresting Larry - Part one? We can arrest Crazy Legs Larry for his involvement with the replicants and CARS. We can find more evidence to arrest him later on, depending on the circumstances, which I will explore when I get there. We can also speak to him while he is detained.
News Report: Zhora's Death - A news report to tie in with the original film.
Guzza's Weapon Shipment Form - A minor scene but an alternate one. We can collect this evidence from the shooting range entrance without any restrictions, we can only collect it from Guzza's office if he is absent.
Gordo Talking About Dektora & Lucy - As far as I know, there are five topics of conversation that we can have with Gordo and we have already seen the other three,
Gordo's Silver Lighter This means that he is a confirmed Replicant. If it's silver then there is no dialogue, and most of the time, it means that he is human.)
Gordo (Human) - Hesitation.
Gordo (Replicant) - No Hesitation.
Dektora - Are You Right There, McCoy? - No explanation needed,
Dektora - No Guns & No Touching - Down with this sort of thing!
Dektora - No Stalking.
Lucy - Hall Of Mirrors Talk
Lucy (Hunted) - Her response to the VK test is the same as being warned about Crystal.
Gordo (Hunted) - Disarming Steele.
Dektora (Hunted) - Retirement. - Apologies for Steele missing all of the laughs involved.
Dektora (Hunted) - Retirement. - Why?
Lucy (Steele's Hunt Speech)
Lucy (Hunted) - There are two other entrances and exit's to Hysteria Hall and they're all equally bugged.
Luther\Lance Cutscene (Human) After two and a half hours of trying to write this post I need to go to bed. Enjoy!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bonus Videos
Defending The Hotel Owner - We can help the hotel manager....
Not Our Problem - ...Or we could leave him too it.
An unrestored scene here is McCoy recognizing Leon from posters he's seen on the Police HQ and Leon attacks him (probably either a game over or McCoy would pass out, maybe lose health -- something either for User Choice mode or Surly)

Arresting Larry - Part one? We can arrest Crazy Legs Larry for his involvement with the replicants and CARS. We can find more evidence to arrest him later on, depending on the circumstances, which I will explore when I get there. We can also speak to him while he is detained.
I really like the extra interaction with Grigorian they put in. It has no useful information, but it's a nice touch since these two are working together.
There's another such interaction there with Grigorian and Crazylegs, if McCoy did not question Grigorian about C.A.R.S. before and asks him about it after Crazylegs arrest. This is in restored content mode, but I've marked it as untested since there's a speech quote for McCoy which is not in the data files and I'm not sure if I tested how the engine handles it.
Sadly, as far as I can tell, there's no such other interaction between any of the prisoners.

Gordo Talking About Dektora & Lucy - As far as I know, there are five topics of conversation that we can have with Gordo and we have already seen the other three,
It's odd Gordo has the same dialogue for both Lucy and Dektora here. In some occasions I could find unused dialogue that was intended to differentiate answers in similar situations -- but for some reason they never used it. But I couldn't find such here.

Dektora (Hunted) - Retirement. - Why?
I just rechecked the requirements to make Dektora be the one at the end with McCoy. The game is a bit too demanding for McCoy to actually befriend her. Just letting her go might not cut it. It needs 55 points of friendliness, and it will play an extra bit of dialogue about Clovis being a jealous person and dangerous. And oddly at 59 points it will also play the love theme music during that dialogue.
Yet unrestored content for Dektora is her human ending with McCoy and also a meeting with her during Act 4 (if McCoy had befriended her) that has different dialogue depending on whether she is human or a Replicant. I don't think I figured where this meeting is supposed to take place. Most likely underground at the abandoned station near Nightclub Row. I think it would have helped flesh out more the relationship between the two -- at least make it somewhat more credible.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

An unrestored scene here is McCoy recognizing Leon from posters he's seen on the Police HQ and Leon attacks him (probably either a game over or McCoy would pass out, maybe lose health -- something either for User Choice mode or Surly)

That's really interesting and if it's implemented then if the situation results in a game over then it probably should be something triggered by the player. Like actively clicking on Leon to trigger the topic of conversation. I suppose that a game over wouldn't be too bad at that point as the auto-save means you only lose minor progress. The issue with having that automatically trigger is that you can't unsee the poster and it will turn the restored mode into an unwinnable state, unless his attack is reduced to McCoy only passing out from it.

AbstractNapper posted:

I just rechecked the requirements to make Dektora be the one at the end with McCoy. The game is a bit too demanding for McCoy to actually befriend her. Just letting her go might not cut it. It needs 55 points of friendliness, and it will play an extra bit of dialogue about Clovis being a jealous person and dangerous. And oddly at 59 points it will also play the love theme music during that dialogue.
Yet unrestored content for Dektora is her human ending with McCoy and also a meeting with her during Act 4 (if McCoy had befriended her) that has different dialogue depending on whether she is human or a Replicant. I don't think I figured where this meeting is supposed to take place. Most likely underground at the abandoned station near Nightclub Row. I think it would have helped flesh out more the relationship between the two -- at least make it somewhat more credible.

Apparently, there is a way to check friendliness levels with characters via the console which I may have to explore when I go down the Dektora route. I haven't tried to do a dedicated Dektora playthrough yet, the Escape playthrough was marred by my trigger happiness. I have been reading up on how to proceed with it but as far as I know, there is nothing definitive around. The romance with Lucy seems to happen far too easily unless you go out of your way to piss her off or kill her. I do need to do a Dektora romance playthrough soon for Act 5 material and also for the ending videos.

As far as I can gather, these are things that can help:

Killing Zuben - You don't get the call from Lucy showing her appreciation for sparing him.
Scaring Lucy Off - Attempting to VK her instead of warning her.
Not Being Pushy - Don't examine the flowers which means questioning her about them and annoying her. There's two initial options, I'm going to assume that it's best not to ask about "Early Q" and just ask her about the "Belt". Don't VK her or ask about the "Black Sedan". There's also mention about not revisiting her over and over again, only visiting her once and only once.
Hunted - Apparently, it helps if she is the hunted as there is an additional scene where you help her escape. Definitely warn her about Steele.
Dektora's Knowledge Of McCoy - If she knows that you're a Blade Runner in advance can affect her friendliness towards you, I forget right now how she can find this out.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm not sure whether the friend command is working in the debug console. No matter what save file I load, every value of friendship between McCoy and another character is 50. Either that or I'm doing it wrong. For example, to get Dektora's friend level I'm typing in:

code:
friend 0 3
The response that I get is:

quote:

actorFriendliness(0, 3) = 50

No matter what I do, that value never changes.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Friendliness is not symmetric. It's basically different when it's McCoy towards someone else (and usually it stays 50 which is the starting value for most characters throughout the game and does not matter for much), and another value for that someone else towards McCoy, which is the one that matters and the one changing with McCoy's actions and other factors.

So for Dektora you should check:
code:
friend 3 0
Technical stuff to get Dektora's affection:
As far as I can tell (without testing to confirm) Dektora starts of with 50 friendliness for McCoy, whether she's Rep or human.

• You don't want affection towards Lucy so don't warn Lucy about Crystal --which is the final obligatory prerequisite to win her affection (but not the only prerequisite!). Affection towards Lucy will close off the Dektora route.
  • First time entering her room (+5, if she does not know McCoy is Blade Runner)**.
  • Subsequent visits deduct 2 points (-2)
  • Asking about the vase:
    • (+2) points if Dektora is somewhat friendly at the time (>50)
    • (-2) points else
  • Checking the vanity drawer while she's there (-2)
  • Ask about her Belt (-1)
  • Ask about dark sedan (-3)
  • Warn about Steele (+5)
  • Hunt Dektora and let her go (+5). It is the final and obligatory prerequisite for her.

(Unrestored, so won't matter for you, but I include it for trivia/completeness):
  • If you had warned Izo (human or Replicant), or helped him (as Replicant) in Act 3 (blocking Steele does not count for this), it would have been +10 points upon first time entering Dektora's room.
  • If you ask her about the Moonbus it's -5 points, if she's Replicant, or -3 is she's human.

**. People who can find out directly that McCoy is a Blade Runner are Gordo (if you talk to him at Chinatown in Act 1), Zuben (with a random chance if you let him go at the warehouse) and Sebastian (when you interrogate him for long enough). It's a bit odd since McCoy pretty much randomly says it even to passer-bys, but I guess it's adjusted that way for gameplay purposes. Anyway, if Dektora "meets" up with these people (or people who have met these people) and if they exchange this clue then she'll get it. So it's sort of random-ish, since these people, unless they're dead, execute some random routes and may meet at locations (it all happens in the background, McCoy won't actually witness any of such meetings).

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Friendliness is not symmetric. It's basically different when it's McCoy towards someone else (and usually it stays 50 which is the starting value for most characters throughout the game and does not matter for much), and another value for that someone else towards McCoy, which is the one that matters and the one changing with McCoy's actions and other factors.

So for Dektora you should check:
code:
friend 3 0
Technical stuff to get Dektora's affection:
As far as I can tell (without testing to confirm) Dektora starts of with 50 friendliness for McCoy, whether she's Rep or human.

• You don't want affection towards Lucy so don't warn Lucy about Crystal --which is the final obligatory prerequisite to win her affection (but not the only prerequisite!). Affection towards Lucy will close off the Dektora route.
  • First time entering her room (+5, if she does not know McCoy is Blade Runner)**.
  • Subsequent visits deduct 2 points (-2)
  • Asking about the vase:
    • (+2) points if Dektora is somewhat friendly at the time (>50)
    • (-2) points else
  • Checking the vanity drawer while she's there (-2)
  • Ask about her Belt (-1)
  • Ask about dark sedan (-3)
  • Warn about Steele (+5)
  • Hunt Dektora and let her go (+5). It is the final and obligatory prerequisite for her.

(Unrestored, so won't matter for you, but I include it for trivia/completeness):
  • If you had warned Izo (human or Replicant), or helped him (as Replicant) in Act 3 (blocking Steele does not count for this), it would have been +10 points upon first time entering Dektora's room.
  • If you ask her about the Moonbus it's -5 points, if she's Replicant, or -3 is she's human.

**. People who can find out directly that McCoy is a Blade Runner are Gordo (if you talk to him at Chinatown in Act 1), Zuben (with a random chance if you let him go at the warehouse) and Sebastian (when you interrogate him for long enough). It's a bit odd since McCoy pretty much randomly says it even to passer-bys, but I guess it's adjusted that way for gameplay purposes. Anyway, if Dektora "meets" up with these people (or people who have met these people) and if they exchange this clue then she'll get it. So it's sort of random-ish, since these people, unless they're dead, execute some random routes and may meet at locations (it all happens in the background, McCoy won't actually witness any of such meetings).

Thank you for the comprehensive list, I've also tried the code and it's working. In the sympathizer run, Dektora's friendliness was 56 at the start of act 5 and Lucy's was 63. It seems like most characters friendliness towards McCoy starts out at 50. There are a couple of notable exceptions. Steele starts out with 65 and Clovis starts with 63.

As far as I remember, you can't continue on with the second half of the conversation with Dektora without asking about the belt. That is a fairly short list that's very easy to mess up.

Edit: I've just recorded the scene involving pulling out the gun at Runciters in the fourth act, that was probably the darkest dialogue of all in the game.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 25, 2022

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Edit: I've just recorded the scene involving pulling out the gun at Runciters in the fourth act, that was probably the darkest dialogue of all in the game.
Indeed. I can't tell which version of the dialogue you got, but this can also vary. If you met up with Zuben previously (after Act 1) and asked him specifically about Runciter, then McCoy will address that info in his speech here, which will be a bit longer if Lucy is Replicant too. Otherwise, if you got the envelope with the money from the twin's apartment it will be about that. And if you missed both, the speech will be cut short.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Indeed. I can't tell which version of the dialogue you got, but this can also vary. If you met up with Zuben previously (after Act 1) and asked him specifically about Runciter, then McCoy will address that info in his speech here, which will be a bit longer if Lucy is Replicant too. Otherwise, if you got the envelope with the money from the twin's apartment it will be about that. And if you missed both, the speech will be cut short.

I wasn't aware of this, I'll have to go back in with the other two scenarios. I went to Runciter's immediately after speaking to Zuben about him and gave him an ending that he deserves.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I think that I've caught all of the additional content for the fourth act. It's quite a short act so there really wasn't much more to capture apart from additional dialogue with Zuben, Runciter & the homeless guy. There are a number of arrest & death scenes that I'm saving for their own videos. I'm not going to include scenes of McCoy's death by random encounters with rats, cops or the specials. Although, for some reason, I haven't seen the specials since my first playthrough.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Videos
Act 4 - Additional Scenes & Dialogue

Nice To See You Again, Zuben! - Zuben can be seen walking around Nightclub Row in the fourth act and we are able to talk to him. If we ask him about Runciter, it sparks off a different dialogue with Runciter if we decide to pay him a visit.
See You In Hell, Runciter! - We can visit Runciter's shop again in the fourth act, something that we witnessed in the "Escaping The City" videos. Pulling the gun on him sparks off even more dialogue. If you spoke to Zuben beforehand about Runciter we get confirmation that he is absolute scum and he confesses his crime to us, the dialogue differs depending on whether Lucy is human or a replicant. If we didn't speak to Zuben beforehand, we confront him about another crime.
One More Thing, Larry! - This is a minor topic of conversation with Larry and what happens when you pull out your gun, something that can be done in any act as long as Larry is still around.
Bottoms Up, Homeless Guy! - The homeless guy won't speak to us again until we get a drink for him and there is one place that still serves alcohol at this time of night. He will answer one more question for us and there are three more questions that we need to ask him.

Edit: I'm most likely going to be in Scotland for a few days at the end of this week, I'm just waiting on details of where and if I'm able to visit. A couple of people from other LP's may remember that one of my daughters has been suffering from some big health issues throughout most of last year, she had an incident last week and she's currently in hospital awaiting a transfer to one of two hospitals in Glasgow. If I'm going up then there won't be any new recordings happening until next week. If I'm not going up then I'll probably be doing lots of recordings to keep me busy.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 25, 2022

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Edit: I'm most likely going to be in Scotland for a few days at the end of this week, I'm just waiting on details of where and if I'm able to visit. A couple of people from other LP's may remember that one of my daughters has been suffering from some big health issues throughout most of last year, she had an incident last week and she's currently in hospital awaiting a transfer to one of two hospitals in Glasgow. If I'm going up then there won't be any new recordings happening until next week. If I'm not going up then I'll probably be doing lots of recordings to keep me busy.

Wishing you courage and my best to your daughter, hoping you'll get over any troubles.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AbstractNapper posted:

Wishing you courage and my best to your daughter, hoping you'll get over any troubles.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Thank you everyone for your concern and kindness. My daughter has been moved up to Glasgow and is in good hands. I'm not able to visit her this weekend as visiting is strict where she currently is but I hope to go up when I am able too.

I'll be recording more over the weekend as I still have a few days booked off from work. I decided to do some more recording this morning and there isn't a whole lot more to show with the "Blade Runner" playthrough. There are meant to be three different moments before the ending cutscene plays. One of them we have seen in the original playthrough. The other two depend on Steele's status and how you deal with Clovis in the end, but only one of them is triggering.

The other route involves Steele dying before you reach the Moonbus. Gaff is the one who greets us after we leave and apparently his dialogue differs slightly depending on how we dealt with Clovis. If we watch him die or walk out while he's still talking then Gaff says a few lines before walking off. If we shoot Clovis, Gaff says the same lines but apparently adds more dialogue stating that Steele was actually a replicant sympathizer. I've tried all three methods and each time I've been given the same speech and nothing has been said about Steele.

I'm now wondering if there are certain actions that we need to do to help trigger this like like going down the sympathizer route up until the Guzza meeting.

I also need to trigger Clovis being on the call at the start of Act 5 which I'll work on at some point soon too.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

The other two depend on Steele's status and how you deal with Clovis in the end, but only one of them is triggering.

The one that won't trigger is because it needs McCoy to be set as "helping Replicants" when he arrives at the Kipple and then, after he kills Steele because she's in his way and attacks him in this scenario, he has to turn on the Replicants; so eg. when Sadik asks him to find the reactor core McCoy shoots him instead, or McCoy finds the core, gives it to Sadik and makes it in the moonbus and then turns on the Reps killing everyone inside.

If you kill Sadik outside, then you'll only find Clovis inside, dying on the bunk bed, and it won't matter if you let him die or not. So it's the easiest one to accomplish.
Otherwise you have to deal with everyone that is inside the moonbus and there can be a lot of people attacking McCoy so you'll have to be quite fast to get them before they get you.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 27, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

The one that won't trigger is because it needs McCoy to be set as "helping Replicants" when he arrives at the Kipple and then, after he kills Steele because she's in his way and attacks him in this scenario, he has to turn on the Replicants; so eg. when Sadik asks him to find the reactor core McCoy shoots him instead, or McCoy finds the core, gives it to Sadik and makes it in the moonbus and then turns on the Reps killing everyone inside.

If you kill Sadik outside, then you'll only find Clovis inside, dying on the bunk bed, and it won't matter if you let him die or not. So it's the easiest one to accomplish.
Otherwise you have to deal with everyone that is inside the moonbus and there can be a lot of people attacking McCoy so you'll have to be quite fast to get them before they get you.

Thank you for clarifying this. I'll try again tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Videos
Act 5 - Additional Scenes & Dialogue

I tried to include as much as I could but most of the extra footage for the fifth act centres around the denouement.

Phone Call From Clovis - If you head down the Sympathizer route and don't trigger any romances, Clovis is the one to call you up at the start of the fifth act.
Phone Calls From Dektora - If you trigger Dektora's romantic interest, she wants to escape from the city with you. It's up to you whether you blindingly accept or as permission. Either way, she will wait for you.
It's A Trap! - Sadik set a trap and this is Steele walking into it.
Blade Runner - Executing Clovis - I never did like poetry.
Sympathizer - Betrayal Part 1 - Friendship ended with Clovis. Now Gaff is my best friend.
Sympathizer - Betrayal Part 2: The Party Bus - This is the ultimate betrayal and also the most fun one.
Escaping The City - Dektora - This is the footage of McCoy escaping the city, with Dektora.
Escaping The City - Alone - This is the footage of McCoy escaping the city, with himself.

What's left to do: Endings, Deaths & Arrests. Plus more shots of the strategy guide.

I'm going to compile a couple of lists of the deaths and endings that I have caught so far and I'd be grateful if anyone wants to help point out anything that I've missed out. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to approach the endings just yet, I don't know whether to do one long video or to split them up into two or three separate videos. I haven't even begun preparing them yet, something else that I will work on this weekend.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I have time now before I pick my youngest up from school.

Arrests:

Act 2 - Shooting Moraji.
Act 3 - Shooting Human Gordo.
Act 3 - Shooting Gordo's Hostage.
Act 3 - Shooting Steele.
Act 4 - Waking Up The Security Guard.
Act 4 - Not Escaping The Tyrell Building.
Act 4 - Re-Entering The Tyrell Building.
Act 4 - Entering The Police Station Without The Briefcase.

Deaths (I'm not including random hostile encounters):

Act 1 - Zuben - Alley.
Act 1 - Zuben - Roof.
Act 2 - Bob - Aiming Your Gun.
Act 2 - Bob - Drawing Your Gun Twice.
Act 2 - Izo.
Act 2 - Moraji - Shooting The Bomb.
Act 2 - Moraji - Disarming The Bomb.
Act 3 - Dektora - Projector Room.
Act 3 - Dektora - On Fire.
Act 3 - Scorpions.
Act 3 - Hanoi.
Act 3 - Early Q.
Act 3 - Gordo (Replicant.)
Act 3 - Gordo Hostage Situation.
Act 4 - Bob.
Act 4 - Plank.
Act 4 - Guzza Meeting.
Act 4 - Clovis.
Act 5 - Trap.
Act 5 - Larry's - Police Bust.
Act 5 - Larry's - Wrong Door.
Act 5 - Maggie.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I think you have all the arrests right. There are a few that are yet unrestored content (eg. involving killing human Dektora) but there's little point to list them.

For deaths:

• Act 2: There are a few other ways to die from the bomb at Moraji's.
    • One is just waiting around in the lab
    • the other is exiting but staying close to the door so McCoy gets hit by the blast radius.
  • Act 3: There's a possible death when hunting Replicant Dektora at the attic of Early Qs. Friendship with Dektora has to be < 30 (so like 29 and below), and McCoy clicks on where she's hiding (as in the "let her go" path, but she's not having it). This is super glitchy by the way, again probably because it can happen so rarely :D I need to fix it of course.
  • Act 4: At the meeting McCoy can die either:
    • if he stays too long after Guzza is dead and the Replicants are his enemies (shot by Sadik)
    • or if he shoots at Guzza and misses (in which case Guzza shoots and kills him)
  • Yet unrestored deaths that I can see in the code include:
    • being shot by Gaff at the end of Act 4
    • shot by Steele in the area where Sadik's bomb trap is set
    • directly shooting at the bomb in that area (this is disabled)
    • shot by Clovis when he's dying in the moonbus
    • killed by Leon (the thing with recognizing him from the posters, they explicitly have it as a death --although we'll probably change that).

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 28, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

I think you have all the arrests right. There are a few that are yet unrestored content (eg. involving killing human Dektora) but there's little point to list them.

For deaths:

• Act 2: There are a few other ways to die from the bomb at Moraji's.
    • One is just waiting around in the lab
    • the other is exiting but staying close to the door so McCoy gets hit by the blast radius.
  • Act 3: There's a possible death when hunting Replicant Dektora at the attic of Early Qs. Friendship with Dektora has to be < 30 (so like 29 and below), and McCoy clicks on where she's hiding (as in the "let her go" path, but she's not having it). This is super glitchy by the way, again probably because it can happen so rarely :D I need to fix it of course.
  • Act 4: At the meeting McCoy can die either:
    • if he stays too long after Guzza is dead and the Replicants are his enemies (shot by Sadik)
    • or if he shoots at Guzza and misses (in which case Guzza shoots and kills him)
  • Yet unrestored deaths that I can see in the code include:
    • being shot by Gaff at the end of Act 4
    • shot by Steele in the area where Sadik's bomb trap is set
    • directly shooting at the bomb in that area (this is disabled)
    • shot by Clovis when he's dying in the moonbus
    • killed by Leon (the thing with recognizing him from the posters, they explicitly have it as a death --although we'll probably change that).

Thank you for the extra suggestions. I'll make sure to add them in and explore the extra Dektora addition. How can you get her friend level get down that low??

I'm currently making notes about doing the endings and I'm working out some of the things that up the friendship levels. It turns out that whether Zubens lives or dies doesn't affect Lucy's friendship levels, neither does VK'ing her in the sewers. In Hysteria Hall, talking about her father is a +3 gain and warning about Steele is a +10 gain. The issue I'm having right now is with Lucy as the Hunted, at this point in my save games I had gone down the Blade Runner route and warning her about Steele and letting her escape does nothing to the friendship levels. She also doesn't appear in the sewers afterwards.

I've loaded an earlier save and will test out this again with the Sympathizer route. Even though Zuben's life or death doesn't affect the friendship level directly, I'm wondering whether your treatment of the replicants is a factor if she is the hunted. I thought I'd play up to this point before I replied. Sympathizer route: Zuben\Gordo\Dektora alive +/-0, asking about father is +3, warning about Steele +/-0, helping her escape in the maze +/-0 and is not in the sewers afterwards. Same again, asking to VK her +/-0, helping her in the maze +/-0 and not in the sewers afterwards. It seems like the only way to "romance" Lucy is for her not to be the hunted.

I have encountered another bug, you did say this route was glitchy so you're probably aware of it. On my return to Hysteria Hall with Steele, Lucy just walks off to the side of the screen and no dialogue takes place. It's not a game-breaking bug as leaving the main hall and returning seems to reset the scenario. It's only happened a couple of times but they were in short succession.

Edit: I set Dektora's friend level down to 25 to test out the extra hunted scene and it really is super glitchy, wow! Thank you for telling me about it!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 29, 2022

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Thank you for the extra suggestions. I'll make sure to add them in and explore the extra Dektora addition. How can you get her friend level get down that low??
Only way I can think of is to keep revisiting her in her backstage room (more than 10 times).

It seems like the only way to "romance" Lucy is for her not to be the hunted.
This is indeed the case. She can't be set as affectionate to McCoy in that path (ie. the last Replicant in Act 3 who calls the cops).
Otherwise, when McCoy mentions Steele and with the extra friendliness points gained by this (+10 or +9, it's random), the game checks whether her resulting friendliness is > 59 and whether there's no other character affectionate to McCoy. If both those are true, it will set Lucy as affectionate.

However, at the start of Act 5 the game also checks if McCoy is set as a friend of Replicants or an enemy. In the latter case (enemy) it will remove Lucy or Dektora (whether they're Rep or human) from being affectionate to McCoy. (And the reverse is true for Steele).

You're also correct that Lucy won't be found underground for the VK test if she's not affectionate to McCoy.

I have encountered another bug, you did say this route was glitchy so you're probably aware of it. On my return to Hysteria Hall with Steele, Lucy just walks off to the side of the screen and no dialogue takes place. It's not a game-breaking bug as leaving the main hall and returning seems to reset the scenario. It's only happened a couple of times but they were in short succession.
I don't think I have seen that one. I probably don't know all the glitches either. I have to test that scenario until I iron out everything that seems weird (people teleporting, McCoy ending up back in the maze, Steele blinking in etc.)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Videos
McCoy Behind Bars

This video is the various ways in which McCoy can get himself arrested: Shooting Moraji, Shooting Gordo, Shooting The Hostage, Shooting Steele, Waking The Security Guard, Returning To The Tyrell Building, Not Escaping The Tyrell Building & Returning To The LPD Without The Briefcase.

I have a draft set up for the endings, I just need to actually record it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The endings video is going to take some time as I'm terrible with pre-prepared talk. It took fifteen minutes and twenty-two attempts to record a 1+ minute intro and sixty-seven attempts in thirty-five minutes to record a four-minute video which was mainly introducing and starting the first ending completely. Whether they are any good is any other matter, these were the first times doing a complete recording for two scenes. I usually find that it gets better and easier as it goes on, the start of these things is always what stresses me the most.