Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Apologies for my mini-breakdown earlier, I've managed to record all of the Escaping The City endings. I'm going to take a break from recording until tomorrow when I'll concentrate on the Moonbus endings. I'll most likely be compiling two separate endings videos as the completed recordings from today are thirty-nine minutes combined without editing.

I've decided to take photos of another section of the strategy guide, this one is called "Movie Buffs":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I like how the game/manual goes for the whole "Aaah, that famous guy, yeah you just missed him! What a shame!".
It's silly, but I like it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm going through the code to see what clues that I can add to the KIA to check out that was cut out of the game. Thank you to AbstractNapper for making this list and providing us with the means to explore it.

• It looks like there was meant to be six DNA files to collect as there are two entries for Chew and Moraji.
  • AbstractNapper mentioned earlier in the thread that there is a scene where McCoy recognises Leon from the poster, I managed to make the encounter trigger. It's just dialogue and Leon approaching McCoy and nothing else.
  • There are various clues with additional dialogue from McCoy and audio recordings from various characters that didn't make it into the main game but are still available to obtain via the debug menu.
  • There seems to be much more audio that is currently unavailable through the debug menu.
  • There are entries for Crazy Legs VK results.
  • There are entries for Crystal VK'ing Bob and also for retiring him.
  • There are entries for Crystal VK'ing, arresting and also for retiring Larry.
  • There are entries for Crystal VK'ing Runciter and two separate entries for her retiring him.
  • There are entries for Early Q's VK results.
  • There are entries for Izo's VK results.

The additional clues with audio that I have found so far are Big Man Limping, Car Identified, a fourth Dektora interview, Holloway Interview and Izo's Warning.

Edit: There are other clues that can be added but they only appear after you reach certain points in the game. These are the ones that I could add at the start of a new game. As soon as I entered Runciters two contrasting clues, one of them currently unused, popped up in the KIA about the footprints.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 29, 2022

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Some clues may not have a KIA entry, because they are used by other characters (eg to communicate something they've learned about McCoy) or by the game's logic to keep track of things McCoy has done. Also there are clues that are completely unused so they won't have a type, recording or an object model associated with them.

I'm not sure if I shared this before but here's the Excel sheets that we have for the subtitles:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ew0YyhSwqcqZg6bXrIgz0GkA62dhgViHN15lOu5Hj8/edit#gid=1799592626

The main sheet (in-game dialogue) is INGQUO_E, and the first column should indicate how to produce those quotes with the debugger (actorID-quoteID). In this excel I haven't marked what is unused, restored, untriggered though so it's mostly for anyone who has the time to go through it.
I do have multiple internal local copies with comments, and sheets organized specifically for the restoration process -- hopefully I'll resume that work soon.

About Steele's recordings. Setting aside the fact that they mention certain characters could be Replicants that the final game plot does not really support, I believe McCoy would only be able to retrieve those either in the final Act from her KIA after he kills her -- or perhaps she's sharing these with him on occasion, because there are hints that McCoy and Steele would meet on rooftops and exchange clues on their cases or discuss stuff. But their content makes me think that she wouldn't upload them to the mainframe and also wouldn't want to share them with McCoy directly.

Edit: In the Leon ending, he's supposed to move closer to McCoy and punch him in the gut, at which point McCoy falls down and it's game over. But this is glitchy (last time I checked this was in the original game) -- Leon will clip through scenery, and his punch may not connect with McCoy, or he might not be able to find a path to get close to McCoy)

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 29, 2022

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

AbstractNapper posted:

Some clues may not have a KIA entry, because they are used by other characters (eg to communicate something they've learned about McCoy) or by the game's logic to keep track of things McCoy has done. Also there are clues that are completely unused so they won't have a type, recording or an object model associated with them.

I'm not sure if I shared this before but here's the Excel sheets that we have for the subtitles:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ew0YyhSwqcqZg6bXrIgz0GkA62dhgViHN15lOu5Hj8/edit#gid=1799592626

The main sheet (in-game dialogue) is INGQUO_E, and the first column should indicate how to produce those quotes with the debugger (actorID-quoteID). In this excel I haven't marked what is unused, restored, untriggered though so it's mostly for anyone who has the time to go through it.
I do have multiple internal local copies with comments, and sheets organized specifically for the restoration process -- hopefully I'll resume that work soon.

About Steele's recordings. Setting aside the fact that they mention certain characters could be Replicants that the final game plot does not really support, I believe McCoy would only be able to retrieve those either in the final Act from her KIA after he kills her -- or perhaps she's sharing these with him on occasion, because there are hints that McCoy and Steele would meet on rooftops and exchange clues on their cases or discuss stuff. But their content makes me think that she wouldn't upload them to the mainframe and also wouldn't want to share them with McCoy directly.

Edit: In the Leon ending, he's supposed to move closer to McCoy and punch him in the gut, at which point McCoy falls down and it's game over. But this is glitchy (last time I checked this was in the original game) -- Leon will clip through scenery, and his punch may not connect with McCoy, or he might not be able to find a path to get close to McCoy)

Thank you for the excel sheet. I'm not sure if I'll have the time and patience to go through and try anything out but it's still interesting to read through. I skipped over the clues marked with intangible and not checked in KIA because they would have no direct entry in the database. I only tested out the entry for Leon's wanted poster because you specifically mentioned it, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have had any idea about it.

It was quite strange seeing all of Steele's background checks had been cut. She had uploaded the information about Gregorian in the first act but that seems to be the end of all of the clues that you can find for yourself during the main playthrough. Finding all of her clues on her corpse would be really interesting to discover but it would come at the very late stages of the game, which would make it more interesting as you can't do anything about what she's uncovered. Especially if the clues that you find depend on the variables of the game. The game would have been a lot more interesting if they had kept on the ability for Steele to engage in her own investigations and carry out her own justice but it would have made the game a lot more unpredictable. I can understand that they cut her ability to kill off NPC's but it would have added a whole other level to the game.

I tested the Leon encounter and then recorded it, he had no problems finding me right next to where I had entered. The unedited, and unlisted, footage is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzIhWIDjqj8

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I haven't recorded the second half of the endings as of yet as I decided to spend the day relaxing. I do plan to work on them this evening.

Bonus Videos
Cut Content
McCoy's Death Scenes

I decided to record and upload some of the cut content that I found, there are a few audio logs in the KIA and the scene with Leon. The video with McCoy's deaths contain scenes with Zuben, Bob in the second act, Izo, Dermo Design's explosion, Dektora, Early Q, Gordo, Bob in the fourth act, the dreaded plank, the meeting with Guzza, the cops at Crazy Larry's, Sadik's trap and it ends with Maggie's farewell present.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The Moonbus endings have been recorded, I just need to work on editing them as well as the Escaping The City videos which I will probably do tomorrow. It feels surreal that this LP will be will probably be over within the next twenty-four hours. I think that I have already decided on the next game that I'm going to LP, I'm going to give it a little more thought but it's most likely going to be another sci-fi adventure game.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Videos
Sitcom & Shorty Mode

I had no idea which scene would have been the best to show these modes off so I decided to pick one at random.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I do wonder how I would have played this if I had when it was new. I was basically never able to get through a point and click without a puzzle guide, still can't a lot of the time honestly, and this game almost wants to defy being able to use one. Or at least the kind of guide you'd be able to find back then without spending money. It is different in that you're mostly just talking to people rather than dealing with an inventory but in that case I'd probably just lose the plot just after act 1.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

These will be the final updates for this LP. I won't be finished with this game entirely as I'll be checking out future content when it's released and potentially recording the content in the future. I've separated these videos because they're quite lengthy. Instead of just recording the cutscenes and editing them together, I decided to give them context and also give some explanations on how to achieve some of these endings.

Bonus Videos
Endings Part 1 (Escaping The City)

Lucy - Replicant & Missing DNA.
Lucy - Replicant & Complete DNA.
Lucy - Human.
Dektora - Missing DNA.
Dektora - Complete DNA.
Escaping Alone.

Endings Part 2 (Moonbus)

Real Blade Runner - Steele Alive.
Real Blade Runner - Steele Dead.
Betraying The Replicants.
Returning To The Family.
Returning To The Family - Lucy.
Returning To The Family - Dektora.

Thank you, everyone, for being a part of this LP. A special thank you goes to AbstractNapper who has made this LP what it is with their huge generosity towards helping me throughout it. This game has been fantastic to return too, I forgot just how good it is and how much depth there is to it. I am planning another megathread in the near future of a popular adventure game series, but before then I'll be working on an LP of Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Thank you for taking your time to show this game off.
Ever since seeing the trailer in Red Alert back then, I was wondering about this game. It was even several years after playing Red Alert that I first got to watch the original movie, so I really had no idea what it was all about, other than "this looks cool".
Frankly, now I'm glad I never got the game back then, I think I'd just have been frustrated to no end by it, I don't think I'd have been able to piece together the logic.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

nielsm posted:

Thank you for taking your time to show this game off.
Ever since seeing the trailer in Red Alert back then, I was wondering about this game. It was even several years after playing Red Alert that I first got to watch the original movie, so I really had no idea what it was all about, other than "this looks cool".
Frankly, now I'm glad I never got the game back then, I think I'd just have been frustrated to no end by it, I don't think I'd have been able to piece together the logic.
I learned about it from Red Alert too, and I even bought it.
And yes, it was very frustrating at times.

I can only echo the appreciation for showing off this game, and especially in such a thorough way.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I was fun for me too, and I'm glad I was able to help. I took notes for a few bugs and hopefully I'll be able to fix them soon. It was also an opportunity for me to revisit the code and learn a few new things --there's always something to discover!).

I love this game so much, and I think you've shown quite well what makes it special.

Thank you for this thorough and fun LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks for the LP, I'd seen a basic run through of this game before but was good to get to see some more detail on the mechanisms and different routes it can throw you through :)