Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I found the cutscene pretty artless in highlighting THE BUTTON, so I bet this was an issue in testing. Players, as you noted, had their eyes focused at the top of the screen, saw the grapple point after a bunch of screens worth of grappling and so were set to assume the grapple point had to be the key element. So the devs made a point to emphasize the button in the cutscene, but didn't fix the fundamental issue of the misdirection. So I can see a lot of players only saw this boss as a speedbump, but those who didn't catch where the cutscene was directing them, it really doesn't have a good fallback to remind the player. So it's kind of a binary: if you got it, you got it, didn't see the fuss, but if you didn't, this boss was probably a bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Samus screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" while absorbing all of the energy was the funniest thing. She has two scenes of voice acting, and the second is just her hollering like a lunatic. Especially with the "Samus screaming" "Raven Beak screaming" "Samus screaming some more" [cut to the ship crashing] [cut back] "MORE screaming," it's just a very ridiculous back-and-forth, but it fits Samus so well to just be a screaming lunatic while going full Metroid.