Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cat or Dog?
Cat
Dog
View Results

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I am enjoying really taking my time with this one.

The economy in this game is pretty wacky, I feel like I'm losing money constantly no matter what I do. 85p to have a pair of trainers hand made but its £90 to get a beach ball?

I still can't afford any camera upgrades and I earn barely anything from flamingo hotwords. Pictures of certain story events seem to do pretty well though... i haven't uploaded the picture of the murder yet though. I thought that was a very subtle little thing how the game just casually gives you that option, how desperate for followers are you?

I think I misunderstood the healthiness bar for a while, I thought it represented stress with more stress on the right side lol. Love to visit the vets to expensively cure my cold only to instantly get a new cold when I walk out the door into the rain. Also that goddamn vet should put his schedule up somewhere why wouldn't you be at work today its tuesday gently caress you.

The barrel carrying in the castle followed by that godamn minigame again was rough. Pressing anything while holding a barrel makes you walk forward, touching the forcefield hurts you, many barrels are placed directly touching the forcefield. You just retry when you die and thankfully you don't need all the barrels, but the minigane afterwards felt like a cruel joke after the amount of failed tries I already had at it. Free practice at least, I got it eventually i can get to the 5th pint and lose when I visit the pub now (even after eating cockles i always mess up on that last one, i think i need drugs to beat this priest). The doctor asked me to become an alcoholic maybe that'll help.

Also if anyone is like me and was avoiding the outdoor kitchens as they cost a lot to open up don't theres a quest and I think you can unlock the tents as save points.

I've just complained a lot about this charming janky game that I love a lot, so I'll finish by saying I love how when characters are scheduled to be somewhere far from town they just loving book it on foot so you could be in the middle of nowhere and run into one of them speed walking down the middle of the road like the terminator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It turns out this game has some incredibly grindy side content! The way shrine quests work is not well thought out. Master level quests are sometimes 'get 100 game overs' or 'win 100 drinking contests' level insane. You can't quit one once you accept it and you can only have 5 at a time. Theres like 30 shrines and theres no indication which shrine gives which quest and you have to wait a week before a given shrine will hand out its next level quest. Its 100% not worth it to go for 100% shrine quests. Unless someone finds an exploit the master money quest (get £500,000) will likely take twice as long as playing through the entirety of the rest of the game to grind out and thats if you spend all your time optimally racing and mining.

Important note about any quest involving gathering or photographing poo poo in your garden: you can steal that stuff. If you find a deck chair in the middle of nowhere, pick it up and warp home from the map screen, or take it to the nearest campsite and put it in the storage box.