Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the game is... good!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tetramin posted:

Just picked up a flail that has 3 balls instead of 1. I’m now 3x powerful.

finally, I have some representation

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Is the treasure chest that you've all been talking about the one in the Weeping Peninsula, and is it worth letting myself get caught? I just rolled away as soon as I saw the smoke

Nah, the one everyones talking about is in the Dragon burnt Ruins, the one in the weeping seems to be a dead-end until later with a giant and a chest.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

hell yeah claymore time

The claymore is the best weapon I've found so far. I keep trying to switch off it but I keep coming back to it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Do you wanna be this

Or this

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

Stumbled upon the route back to the item you could see but couldn't reach in the tutorial cave.

I need to know, its bugging me!!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fungah! posted:

hey someone might know, is thre a way to put ashes in a weapon for scaling but keep the original weapon art? the ash ones are cool but there are some weapons where i dont want to lose the original

The only way I've found is finding the same weapon art as an ash and putting it on.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Does anyone know how bleed works with shields? I've found a couple that have bleed build up but no skills.

I'm not positive but I think it's on block.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I noticed the latter as well and thought I was going insane, thank you. Any idea what it is?

Did you choose to go through the breach or through the front gates? If you went to the left path and sneak back behind you as you climb up that NPC is tailing you

rodbeard posted:

I went back to Stormveil to try to fight a super tough enemy I left behind only to remember that I still had a door that only opens from the other side of that I didn't find and an elevator I never got to the other end of. Then I died to the enemy and found out that something is taking some of my runes when I die just while inside of Stormveil and I don't understand how they packed so much poo poo into one area.

It took me forever to figure this all out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Ive muttered "got him!!" and done a fist pump more times in this game than I have any other game combiend

I crouch spammed on a few bosses corpses.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

Yeah there's another boss around that point (Draconic Tree Sentinel) where you have the option of doing horseback but he's got one loving move that is just really hard to avoid without a proper dodge

Mounting and Demounting gives iframes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

according to item descriptions he became the greatest practitioner of gravity magic in history because he loved his horse so much and wanted to keep riding it

lmao

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

American McGay posted:

Someone please kill Larry. I'm begging you.

I'll invade him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I used Claymore until I got my Death Poker

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah I got him to phase 2 once on a particularly good run where my dodges were all on point and I even staggered him at one point. My damage output does feel a little low though. I’m doing around 175-200 a hit with a +9 heavy claymore and 40 str

+9 is probably on the lower end for him yea.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

70 hours in and just realized you can click the left stick in your inventory and sort a page of items by "recently acquired" :stare:

wtf

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you're suppose to touch grace not smoke it op

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

It's like when symphony of the night first came out and there was just sooooo much content and little secrets and stuff to talk about at school with friends. It's for sure up there with the greatest games ever made.

I'm going nuts trying to figure out every NPC quest.

Has anyone gotten Nepheli to do anything after You give her her hawk ash?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Frost is so good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

elden dog turd [gray dried one that gives you some sort of status effect]

I need to find this to give to dungeater

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lot of non sekiro players showing their whole rear end smh

Without the game yelling at me in japanese to jump I forget about it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to do Rennala's first phase and then she usually kills me within 10 seconds of her second phase. Pretty hellish

Are you ignoring the glowing enemies or something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Just going to start spamming that at every NPC now

wish there was one that would make nepheli stop being depressed

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Not that one, there’s at least 3 turtle puzzles and the one I’m talking about is def bugged because a lot of redditards are saying the same thing

Is it the one at Chelona's rise?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ya the one that's suppose to be above on the spiritspring never spawned for me

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

i gave up on that one, what was your reward

Ranni's version of Rennala's moon spell

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kongming posted:

Armor seems pretty useless in this game outside of status resistance, and even then it doesn't matter much. I just walk around naked so I can use heavy weapons and still light roll, and I take the same amount of damage as when I had armor on.

AFAIK Lightroll + Medium roll are the exact same in this game. In DS3 you had more roll distance but testing here doesn't show a difference. The only thing I've noticed a light load does is lower fall damage.

You have 2 sets of damage reduction, flat from levels and % from gear and the flat is applied first. So if you're blocking 150 of their 300 damage attack just from levels then another 15% to reduce it from 150 to 130 isn't gonna be noticeable.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

goferchan posted:

This is also how double jumping would work in real life so I don't really see the problem. You wouldn't be able to fall off something and then jump mid air

I do. Regularly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if you aren't enthralled by the mystery of the world laid uponst thine feet, you are absolutely the guy who looks up every puzzle solution in Mario Picross and spends 50x longer copying the answer than just playing the loving game to begin with.

oh and you make me puke

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Martman posted:

is Patches canonically British though?

No but Mohg is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sourdough posted:

Souls game streamer who refuses to summon or change his build or do anything but fight a boss when he finds them is on like hour 15 of trying to beat her

you rang?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can't ever remove the stamina up Talisman. I recall there was a shield or something with the same effect in Dark Souls that I always wielded. I'd probably go into Heavy load and wear fatter armor, just becase of how godly it makes blocking, but I love 2 roll too..

It's the Turtle shield in this one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Dignity posted:

they're a worse version of throne watcher and throne defender yes, even down to the edgewalking and ressing each other. O&S were actually designed to work as a duo and not just be a blob of overlapping hitboxes and cheesy aoes

they're the 4kings OP.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

quote:

Additional Elements Added
Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.

Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed
Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.

Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
Text fixes.
Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes
Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
Increased shield’s effectiveness.
Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.03
Regulation Ver. 1.03.1

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 17, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think it's that, iji or Blaidd (both?) mention he's a creep and I'm sure his death trigger for me was giving Ranni the treasure of Nokron so I figure it was one of them. Maybe they found his weird puppet sex dungeon. Also he dies posed exactly like one of his puppets so gently caress knows what's going on there
SUpposedly
he's the weird merchant you gotta drop down to reach in the church underneath the 3 sisters, that guy gets murdered by his own puppets at the same time seluvis dies and seluvis is a puppet too

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

The alterations are just cosmetic updates, adding or removing capes, things like that. With this Boc guy it's free but if you do it yourself it costs runes but I think that's the only difference
There's one item that it wasnt just cosmetic on.
The Black Knife chest. If you remove the cloak of invisibility you lose your invisibility.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

big lore reveal dudes. there's this guy named jesus who stars in a fairly well known book altho its not as good as harry potter.. and he is very strongly associated with thorns and nails. wild stuff.

I think I killed his dad

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

finally beat malenia's rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The worst part is eventually you'll have more seeds than you can use bc you hit the flask cap