Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

elden ring pwns. that is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

goferchan posted:

You missed a really good gag where one of the summon signs is for Patches and if you use it he phases in, takes one look at what's going on, and disappears with a "Patches has returned to his world" message

lmao this game owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you should use the spirit ashes as much as you can imo... fromsoft put them in the game for you to use and some bosses and areas are built around using them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dung eater is my favorite character... hes scary and that owns imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

you should fight all the bosses because the game owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

finally saw a message that made me laugh today btw

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i always save int builds for my second playthrough but ngl the spells in elden ring look sick

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it is your game... play it how you wish

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what's your favorite spell bro lol

i havent used any spells yet but i use the ancestral follower ashes a lot lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Average Bear posted:

On my Dagoth Ur poo poo.

lmao that owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Leonard is cool because of the item description saying that Radahn mastered gravity magic so he wouldn't squash his tiny horse

he could have saved a lot of work by just finding a bigger horse imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

I wouldn’t have made fun of him….

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mbt posted:

poise is really really bad and does nothing

:negative:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

its bustling if you get there before getting a second great rune

this game owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thank you fromsoft for the world of elden ring and its many hidden wonders

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

invasions in this game kick rear end lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if you aren't enthralled by the mystery of the world laid uponst thine feet, you are absolutely the guy who looks up every puzzle solution in Mario Picross and spends 50x longer copying the answer than just playing the loving game to begin with.

oh and you make me puke

i keep going back to early areas after foolishly thinking i found everything and keep finding new dungeons to explore lmao. its amazing elden ring ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

extremebuff posted:

i went back to limgrave to check out this one open valley w/ no markers in it thinking maybe there was just some loot there I didnt bother to mark. missed a miniboss and found a gravity weapon art I couldve had within the first hours of the game

lol... now i have to go back to limgrave

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

American McGay posted:

This was me with Weeping Peninsula lol. I was avoiding doing a story boss and decided to meander back down there to clean some stuff up and I ended up finding like 4 big things I missed my first time through, and I thought I was being super thorough before.

lmao same.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont find myself getting overwhelmed or frustrated like i do with other open world games either... elden ring just gives me a direction to go while encouraging me to explore as much as possible instead of dumping hundreds of lovely quests on me right at the start and thats just good game design imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the spirit ashes are a good addition imo. it owns having back up for those sections with a lot of enemies without having to rely on a player summon for help and you get a lot of options to choose from to... some are pretty overpowered though and it feels like too many of the later bosses are balanced around having a summon out instead of focusing on blocking and rolling and learning the bosses pattern.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i cant wait for the day a gamer beats the entirety of elden at SL1 using fists only....

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Preceptor Miriam

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

Lobos is doing a SL 1 run now, i dont know which spells or physicks he was using but his dagger was doing insane crit damage

sick

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

i wish there were a light incantation

thats called a lantern

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

i cant find it lol, ive been using a torch. where do you get it

one of the merchants in the weeping peninsula sells it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i have nothing but respect for the bosses of elden ring and would never bully or demean them in anyway

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

tyvm for the lantern tips, i cant believe i missed it lol

i did most of the limgrave dungeons without the torch because i somehow missed the merchant that sells one so dont feel bad lmao

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

patches is a slav

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sourdough posted:

Souls game streamer who refuses to summon or change his build or do anything but fight a boss when he finds them is on like hour 15 of trying to beat her

same

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

you can do rolling attacks without rolling by crouching, which also lowers your profile, making many attacks miss you

that owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i read the flavor text of every single item i pick up so that i can solve the mystery of the elden ring... the greatest game of all time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dung eater is good and the only reason people hate him is because they see a part of themselves within him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

meeting d00kiemastah and he's just some idiot in jail headbutting the drywall and promising to eat more turds is the greatest souls boss introduction

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

excellent turd lore

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Amazing chest ahead? But there's no chest here. Haha, the souls community trolling is second to none, and highly based.

the first time i encountered illusionary walls in this game was in one of the catacombs and i didnt believe the messages near the walls and started getting angry when i couldnt find the boss lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

bleed is awesome in high level pvp. these morons run up to me with their weird deathblight shield technique and i hit them twice before my death meter fills and they are dead first

bleed owns and its very satisfying to see somethings HP get deleted in a few hits from the morning star lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

i killed godrick during his phase transition animation lol

lmao

I got the tude now posted:

i lvoe that godrick has a big rear end intro and phase change scene and after that pretty much everyone describes him as the most bitchmade guy in the game

godrick is so bitchmade that the miniboss under the castle is harder than him