Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Azran posted:

What's the hardest final boss in your experience? Don't ask me why but I have a terrible record against the Dragon's poison spam.

The Hand, probably. I would say The Inevitable but I was playing on Unfair with Immune All Monsters First Turn (and a heavily defensive party to match) at the time, so it was a poor matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
This party was perfect to counter Hexia (other than Eccentric quickly killing himself with the cantrip item).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like people complained about Hexia only when the Hand didn't exist.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Is there something like the infinite modes that don’t reset every 20 rounds? I was trying out the nightmare mode and it made me kind of want to play a mode where it’s just you and the monster generator trying to break the game as much as possible

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
we should get Purple heroes in 4.0

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

We do need a violet hero for that one T0 item.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

gently caress me, made it to fight 14 on unfair

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I bought the unlock after about 15 minutes, this is super addictive. Great job!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
What does the keyword "revDiff: inverted pip delta" actually do?

Is it like "if there are other properties that depend on having more or fewer pips than something (e.g. the last face used), then 'more' and 'fewer' are swapped"?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Sometimes this game is really tough, sometimes its just absolute clown shoes.

(This was on Classic Unfair, btw)

This run was already kinda nuts because mana synergy goes crazy and I had 2 mages + a charged side on my Curator. But Jewel Loupe let me get Mana Gain on reroll sides and Wax Seal bumped them up to 2 pips, which was absolutely nuts. I was already beating every fight in 1 turn, but getting the Hand as my final boss means I was effectively able to go infinite. It's not technically infinite but as long as I get a few lucky reroll sides at the start, the law of averages takes care of the rest.

Also honestly I just kinda got busted sides for like, everyone. Charged Hammer wasn't super necessary but it did give my Curator 2/6 charged sides. Artificer works great with Wandcraft because he doesn't give up much and suddenly has a 10 mana side, and Ghast actually turns into a pretty great hero with Eyepatch. I also had Wand Grips on him which, thanks to Eyepatch, was just a free 2 pips. The surgeon wasn't busted, but the Lead Weight he was forced to equip was handily neutralized by Static Tome.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

I kinda think classic mode should only be the basic party tbh

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Did the chance to get loot quality/quantity blessings in loot mode get removed in 3.0?

This is extremely late, but I've done a few dozen runs trying to beat loot mode normal and I haven't seen any of these. I also haven't seen any +level blessings, sadly, though the new hat items are nice if you run into them.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

Hand > Dragon > Hexia IMO

Inevitable still seems like the easiest end boss to me but everyone says it's actually a bastard so maybe me just am play Bizarro world???

Inevitable is all based on your team. If you can do big hits, then yeah, they are breeze. If you are more defensive team, then you lose.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I kind of wish there was a thing like Slay the Spire does where you can see ahead of time what boss you'll be fighting at the end.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

That's a mistake I have seen a few players fall into. More focused on neutralizing attacks than on killing the enemy.

Your party fully heals at the end of every fight (or 1/2 if dead), and if you kill an opponent, their attack disappears. Party health is just another resource to use.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
I've done a few Classic Brutal runs and was hoping to beat it before moving on to other modes, but the furthest I've gotten is like 14/20.

I know the game warns me that it's not intended to be possible, but how possible is it?

I enjoy a challenge, but wonder if I'm just being stubborn.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Are blue heroes still the best bet for the mono-color hard/unfair runs achievements? I remember in 2.0 the game kept generating thorns on fight 1 or 2 and I had no way to deal with them

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Lakbay posted:

Are blue heroes still the best bet for the mono-color hard/unfair runs achievements? I remember in 2.0 the game kept generating thorns on fight 1 or 2 and I had no way to deal with them

Yes, you just have to pick the ones with damage sides highly (they're mostly good anyway)

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Lakbay posted:

When I tried mono-color blue in the new version, I had no damage sides and got thorns for the first fight. Luckily I had a blue that generates skeletons. So I had him summon a few skeletons, then killed the skeletons to damage the thorns. Tough fight, but it worked.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Lakbay posted:

It's probably not as consistent as monoblue, but monogreen with 4 housecats is also strong and fun.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Go with 4 cultists and embrace the little wands

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm not great but I finally got to do something cool and that was rolling vulnerable on a 4 pip shifter strike followed be someone who copied the agents 1 pip quadstrike. One rounded The Hand which was a nice change of pace from how that fight sometimes goes.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I see the sense in people requesting the ability to see the final boss early. On the other hand, each boss requires different solutions, but most can be done with only one item or hero pick, so attempting to cover your bases is a feasible challenge.

Hexia: wants one of immunity to player turn damage, big ranged attacks, self-heal/shield, shield on spell, or death immunity.

Dragon: wants ability to kill a byrd and survive big AOE fire/poison.

Hand: solved by cantrips or other low-pip, high impact sides.

Inevitable: big damage! Warlock and Prince eat him alive, two Unites and he is dead.

Also, scorpion tail has to be among the best relics in the game for standard runs. Had a very funny situation with Wanderer + scorpion tail versus Inevitable, where its Era did not matter because the weaken effect got bigger each turn too!!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

vogonity posted:

I've done a few Classic Brutal runs and was hoping to beat it before moving on to other modes, but the furthest I've gotten is like 14/20.

I know the game warns me that it's not intended to be possible, but how possible is it?

I enjoy a challenge, but wonder if I'm just being stubborn.

I never managed to beat (Classic) Brutal but there are people on the leaderboard for it. Maybe they save scummed idk. But people definitely beat it. Heaven used to be locked behind it lol

Lakbay posted:

4 housecat + green is pretty fun, and usually can find something that can solo the run between a tactic or genned sides (although generation seems to really favor making a small amount of really highly pipped sides now)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

choose party brutal was a lot more doable than classic, typical method of beating it was starting with 4 cultists and a mage, picking curses you didn't care about and relying on overwhelming mana from the cultists to get through the start

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Tunicate posted:

choose party brutal was a lot more doable than classic, typical method of beating it was starting with 4 cultists and a mage, picking curses you didn't care about and relying on overwhelming mana from the cultists to get through the start

Thorns enters the chat

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

yeah dude that's what the cultists are for, they're the only tier 1 blue with an actual attack

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Oh yeah I forgot about that, I just think of them as the trade health for mana dude

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Thanks for the tips, I was able to do the 4 housecats strategy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

norp posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I just think of them as the trade health for mana dude

plus the 1 self-heal on each wands and 5 base hp mean with good rolls each cultist can kill a 2 hp thorn, giving some wiggle room

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'll be a voice of dissent here and state that The Hand is the second easiest boss, if not the easiest. Big damage is probably the easiest individual side type to mitigate. His adds don't really do much and go down easy, and he gives you a boost, which actually has the potential to go completely insane.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

Free items? This curse is a blessing!

I am upset with you Tann.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

CubicalSucrose posted:

I did 4 cats and spade as someone else suggested. Eventually I got a 20-something health, one good side, "Blank sides do 8 damage engage" power and I just skipped all the future level-ups.

This ended up working for me as well, thanks! Got a second generated hero in place of a cat as a mid run offer and ended with two t6 heroes, who dispatched the Hand quite easily (one had a 24 damage cleave side). It also helped that the tier 10 curse on fight 19 I signed up for ended up being +2 enemy max hp, which was not even remotely an issue at that point.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Is there an achievement/unlock for a 0-death run? I'm so loving salty, I thought I had it, but didn't realize one of my heroes had gotten inflictpain from Hexia and they died to a managain cantrip.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Quixzlizx posted:

Is there an achievement/unlock for a 0-death run? I'm so loving salty, I thought I had it, but didn't realize one of my heroes had gotten inflictpain from Hexia and they died to a managain cantrip.

There is for 0 deaths, but i think there is not one for 0 damage

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Feature request: It looks like Nightmare only saves the last 3 parties you won with. Can it save indefinitely?

ALSO:

I am very proud of this Nightmare win. Team started out as Heaven Shortcut. Coasted through the early parts on massive poison damage (I also had Wine), then the Titanbane Amulet showed up in time to save my rear end from the Sigils.

Generated items are (on Captain) Kilt+Obsidian Edge, and (on Valkyrie) Scar+Pentagram. Pentagram on Valk really carried at the end, while I inflicted tons of poison and waited for it to KO enemies.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 16, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh look you get seasonal items from killing treasure chests.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tunicate posted:

Oh look you get seasonal items from killing treasure chests.

It also allows you to give a Statue an entire die of sides with Death and Taxes. Because it's Statue-tory.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ah. yes. a blessing to get a meddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There should be an achievement adding 10+ skeletons to a battle thanks to the meddler. Yes this actually happened to me.