Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

egg tats posted:

the three witches are wild because MOST of the time you get to them and just breeze past them without effort.

and then sometimes they wreck you before you can even get one down and it doesn't feel like it could have ever gone another way

Yes why don't I just hit this hero with 4 poison in one turn. No you can't kill me in one turn because I'm a boss lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
When we say "a flush of hero types" this means every hero is the same class right?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I have 60+ normal wins at this point. The end game is so satisfying. So many potential combinations!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I have 144 normal wins under my belt. I can't stop. I won't stop.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Ballet shoes is also good for some of the other items that impact either side. For example - growth to the right side. But most characters have right side blank.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

cirus posted:

Still banging my head against Unfair with left side blank. Can get to 18 but one set of X means the run is over

One thing that may help (or at least helped me) was playing more cautiously. Is this the most optimal dice to get? maybe not - but will it progress this round? Keep it. Better to take a less optimal dice than an X

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I neeeeeed an update. More content please!!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Amazing. Can't wait!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Razakai posted:

Every day, I check the discord's devlog channel in the hope I'll see a new patch :smith:

Tann is teasing some wild stuff in there. Can't wait.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Kuros posted:

As I've been bashing my head while playing Brotato Danger 5 runs, I come back to Slice & Dice and play a Heaven run to fire up the ol' dopamine receptors to get a win.

What's a heaven run?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

silvergoose posted:

If you beat brutal on any mode (suggestion: custom with 4 blues and a something), you unlock heaven: 20 green points worth of blessings

Oh hell ya. I do easy runs all the time now because the blessings lead to some fun combos. Got something to try now

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

silvergoose posted:

If you beat brutal on any mode (suggestion: custom with 4 blues and a something), you unlock heaven: 20 green points worth of blessings

Yooo so I beat unfair followed by brutal. 1 run each. 4 blue and a red is a pro gamer strategy.

Now I get to play Heaven mode. Thanks dude! Not touching hell mode lol.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
We need a leaderboard for Blursed mode. 389??!! drat

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Got a pretty cool heaven run that was actually kind of difficult.

"It's barrel time" - 5 damage to adjacent mobs when a mob dies.

Cool right? However it was +25 so needed to be balanced by the -5 "this health must be removed by magic" which was typically near the bottom of the health bar.

The result was you take out one mob, but then you needed enough mana to take out the rest of the other mob's health. Was pretty challenging actually. But I had never seen that blessing before. Unique challenge!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I just had a really cool Heaven run.

I got an option for all heros cantrip all sides for 30 points.

It was offset by summon a lich boss every battle. Also was able to grab a rebalance to keep the skeletons at 2 health and I think a mana thing so I always had some burst available.

I'd love a mode that gives these big blessings offset with big curses. Right now it's just luck of the draw every once in a while (unless I'm missing a mode or something). I've been playing a lot of heaven lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Heaven is easy mode with more blessings