Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

yergacheffe posted:

Still eagerly awaiting an iOS release! I switched to an iPhone and I miss this game the most.

I am seven pages into this hunger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive posted:

I am seven pages into this hunger.

Almost 2 years later, it is time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How does “inspired” work exactly? I don’t know what it means by “if the previous dice this turn was higher”. Does that mean more pips, or is it the 1-6 side numbering that matters? Is it talking about the previous re-roll, or the one played by another hero?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If the die you allocated to a target this turn was a higher pip value

ah, it’s based on the target, got it

I assume there’s no way to share unlocks between iOS and Steam versions, for when I inevitably double dip?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tunicate posted:

I believe there is a copy to clipbaord option

man, Tann thought of everything. I guess I need to copy back and forth myself, but I can probably find some way to automate that

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I feel like there’s some way you could use iCloud for the save and point Steam/Android versions at it, but that belief is not burdened by facts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I need to set some app limits on this thing or something, jesus christ

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CubicalSucrose posted:

There used to be an in-game guide or something that helped with this.

Best modifier is (probably) "hyperboned.'

There still is, under settings->help->keywords

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How do “tactics” (the grey text like “(1x any pip)”) work? It’s impossible to search for, I just get beginner guides.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CubicalSucrose posted:

These are new in v3. It seems like they're spending poo poo top-down from currently-unused sides.

do they consume the sides, or just need them present and unused when activated?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dr. Stab posted:

You cast them like spells. Instead of using mana, they consume the topmost unused side that fits the criteria until they meet their cost.

The idea behind Mulch (1x any pip for heal 2) is that the Spade's revive side isn't usually useful. So instead of sitting there unused, you can cast mulch to use up the side for some healing. You can also use any of your other heroes sides (provided they have at least one pip) as a heal as well, if you like.

Oh cool, that’s really interesting and the right tactic would make Scoundrel’s many blank sides much less annoying. Thank you!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do people generally choose their parties, or go with the random set that matches the colour pattern you choose? I’m curious.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

redleader posted:

yeah, but consider: big number gives my brain the good chemicals

and your brain deserves the good chemicals!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

woke kaczynski posted:

Congrats Tann on hitting Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam :)

I hope eventually I get good enough to see some of these crazy combos I keep hearing about instead of limping through my games an inch from death at literally all times, I'm still having a great time though.

that inch is so exciting though!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Quackles posted:

Green is, basically, gimmick heroes. Randomly generated heroes are also found here.

I thought you could have generated heroes of any colour.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It feels like “flurry” is pretty niche, even ignoring that it’s for the rightmost side. I guess it’s mostly for with double use/quaduse keywords or repeat-turn powers?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How are you guys getting up to these crazy item levels? I think I need to unlock some more modes.