Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
And when we say "a flush of hero types on unfair or harder" we mean "don't even bother", right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

dhamster posted:

Try it with full blue! Most of them are excellent and synergize beautifully.

I keep not having an answer for Quartz.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Ok, that was pretty dumb once it got rolling.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Great game. Thank you for making it. My only issue is the challenges. I've never seen one worth taking.

If you've never taken one, you might not realize you get the items before the fight, which can help offset the challenge. They're still generally pretty bad, though.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

johnny park posted:

per the creator of the game:

One of the most important things to learn is when you need to roll better and when you need to stop before you roll worse.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I gave a statue a bag of knives and I love it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

distortion park posted:

The Baron is by far the easiest of the bosses ime. Almost any gimmick works against him unless you have an awful curse, he just produces so much mama for you. Vulnerable is a particularly easy one.

He absolutely murdered me that time I said "There's no way a random curse could be worse than these two options" and the game put a cool down on Burst.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

If you were wondering how Coin and Lead Boots interact, it's not great.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I absolutely hate the feeling of starting a new blursed loop wondering how this bunch of level one losers without any items are going to survive all the curses I've stacked up and I can't get enough of it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Grandma dear, what a large pile of bonus hit points from my curses you have.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If you did get isekai'd into your phone and became a slice and dice class what would be on your die

Statue. Without the HP.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

New Leaf posted:

Wanderer's quad-attack thing plus Growth from a Herbalist was a nice unexpected pairing. Every attack goes up by 1 for a nice 10 damage you get to spread around lovingly.

I got steel and self-shield on it once. Just a little nuts.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Martman posted:

I was thinking, it might be nice if there was a little "new" indicator for items that you've never picked before, since sometimes I lose track. Both for the achievements rewarding you for picking stuff, and just to further encourage players to experiment.

This was one of my favorite things Hades did, and I like a lot of things about Hades an awful lot.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

eonblue174 posted:

Yeah that seems nice! Have you ever considered a vertical layout?

I might never play anything else if Slice and Dice worked in portrait.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

dregan posted:

Just doing random heaven runs, got to Hexia and trying to use the Fencer's attack on her crashes the game. Submitted the bug report ofc but here's the paste to see if anyone else can reproduce it - can attack the demon no problem, but not oul Hexes. On the following round rolled the same fencer attack and was able to use it on her.

`{c:[18Z5c,18Z4c,1813c,1833,16Z2,1424,1710,1730,300,33Z,302,2074,21Z5,22Z5,2342,4,1920c,1921c,1920c,1920c,1930,1531,16Z5,302,22Z3,2352,4],d:{l:{b:true,m:[Imp,Hexia,Imp,Imp]},m:[Bone Math,Hero ranged,+1 Reroll,Challenge Each Level,Cataclysm],n:19,p:{e:[Lich's Tome,Sharp Wit],h:[Curator~Relic~Sling,Forsaken~Troll's Nose,Ace~Spell: Slice,Fencer~Ballet Shoes~Brimstone,Dancer~Poison Dip~Timestone]}},p:[10],s:4532215550,v:201r}`

I wonder if it has something to do with the Bone Math on Hexia triggering the hellfire HP on the demon?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

My problem with bowl is that it's great at solving problems in Cursed mode and then goes away when you start a new loop but the curse sticks around.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Looks like my current Balatro infatuation will be falling by the wayside in a couple of weeks.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Tann posted:

Community custom modes spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1luABHu-U143znPqo7Kf-OVAwB9Do3FjA2uO02HTdCv4/edit#gid=0

I tried out bone zone and boss brawl, both are cool!

Cat Sitter is extremely stupid but also really interesting.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Jedit posted:

Someone has recorded a 2-streak on Hell. I am 100% certain that they cheated.

It's cute that there's space above the Hell mode button for a laurel that will never be used on my save.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Jerkface posted:

... a class with no sides... dumb bullshit...

Don't disrespect Statue like that.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

a nice way to get the Generate experience without playing Generate

I had my first Nightmare win the other day and it was almost entirely due to the "replace all blanks with your middle side" blessing making my level 4 characters playable.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

As completely busted as a couple sides that give infinite mana and shields are, I still managed to almost wipe against an Inevitable x2 (or x3 maybe?). Heaven into Nightmare is a very fun way to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Dancer posted:

I guess someone might tell me I'm wrong, but I feel like I'm 99% sure that toggle only applies to the dice (for those people who can't get rid of the nagging thought that the physics engine doesn't supply sufficiently random rolls)

That's my understanding as well, and hi, I'm the people with that nagging feeling.